Reki's Announcement! Regarding -THAT- thread.

Important announcements and information from the forum managers.
Reki
Book Boy

Reki's Announcement! Regarding -THAT- thread.

Post by Reki »

Ah, oyaho, mina-sama z_z...

Early this morning, it seems, there was an incident in the Serious Discussion forum with two (former) board members causing a lot of trouble for our more respectable members (meaning, anyone who isn't them is far more respectable).

I'm not sure what to say, other than trying to make it clear that all of the board moderators hope that something like that will never occur again. If Sora-san hadn't been up all night, he may have actually gotten very angry, instead of laughing as much as he did ^^; Or maybe he -is- angry, and that's just his scary way of showing it ^^;; Arara.

Bear-san, too, is unhappy about this, and has filed complaints with their ISP, though they are likely the same person, these two (former) users.

I would like to extend an apology to anyone who may have been offended by their behavior. Many remarks were unecessary, racist, and otherwise demonstrating completely narrow-minded individuals who really have no place on this board. To those board members who tried to deal with this in a calm and reasonable manner, we thank you, and to those who were a bit more crass and rude in their replies... well, by contrast, you weren't as bad, and we thought some of those remarks were funny, so we're not that upset at you, either ^^;; But please try not to do it very often!

I hope that everyone will continue to be openminded and intellegent individuals, in the future, and try to keep this board as mature and intellectually sound as we can.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good day, and I think we may have some more information about .hack//GIFT for you soon!
"Ii na, ii na...ii na, ii na...hoshii na, HOSHII..."
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

If Sora-san hadn't been up all night, he may have actually gotten very angry, instead of laughing as much as he did ^^; Or maybe he -is- angry, and that's just his scary way of showing it ^^;; Arara.
I was laughing because it was funny.

Really, if you want to insult someone make up more creative insults that use fewer obscenities and more complicated words. Misspelled obscenities lose their effect, and where I would normally be offended, instead I am amused at the pathetic effort given to being insulting.

It's a real shame.

And, for the record of those who were able to read that thread, yes, I may be a strict moderator for the most part, but let's be honest. The people I yell at enough to be driven away are the ones who are generally the type to create badly thought out flames such as those, and so, the less often we'll have to deal with something like that, mm? u_u I'm strict not because I'm necessarily mean, but because my tolerance level for things even bordering on that level of 'not good' is extremely low.

And so, for your benefit and mine, I will crack down on things like that, and help Dark Puchiguso take a bite out of idiocy.
----------------------------------
"Sora KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!"

Don't hate me because I'm l337iful ;_;
Bear
Mr. Flibble's Very Cross

Post by Bear »

Just so you're aware, folks, the reason we're leaving the threads visible (if locked) is so that the ISP involved here can verify our complaints.