Reki's HUGE announcement! .hack//GIFT week!

Important announcements and information from the forum managers.
Reki
Book Boy

Reki's HUGE announcement! .hack//GIFT week!

Post by Reki »

Konnichiwa, mina-sama!

It's time for a great big announcement!

It's .hack//GIFT week here at .hack//INFO to celebrate the release of .hack//GIFT in Japan! We've been waiting a long time to bring you this, so here it is!

A complete summary of .hack//GIFT! It may be a while until you can find a fansubbed version, but for now, this will have to do ^^; I hope everyone enjoys it!

Also, we've had our moderation staff change their icons to mark the occasion... I sure hope they don't get angry ^^;;;

Now, this does have some spoilers for .hack//SIGN and for the .hack games, so please read it at your own risk!

De wa...

.hack//GIFT!!!!

----

It opens with Helba thanking everyone for having purchased all the games and she says tha,t as a modest present, she has prepared for everyone the "Twilight Onsen" (Onsen = hot springs bath) and says they should be at ease. They should gather in the area known as "Bewildering Fools Hiding Place" However, Roleplaying is forbidden this time.

[Subtitle: GIFT]

Balmung appears first noticing the rain. He thinks it's a fine thing because, well... he's Balmung of the Azure Skies. Next to him is a corpse of what looks like Orca (but in reality it's Bear) Written out in "blood" is the word: GIFT

Black Rose has meanwhile arrived with Kite and in a singsongy voice says, "Oh, this is no good~ Killed. Killed. I'll tattle to the teachers!"

Balmung rather futiley attempts to convince them that he is NOT Orca's killer... and to quit this horrible joke. Meanwhile, Mimiru and Tsukasa arrive. Tsukasa realizes there's a corpse. Mimiru freaks out. And once again, Balmung tires to convince them that he's not the killer. Subaru, Ginkan and Crim then gate in. Subaru wonders what all the fuss is. Tsukasa tries to go over to Subaru, but Mimiru drags him back because they're talking about the murder. Subaru's group wanders over curiously, and Ginkan wonders why Bear's been killed, but Black Rose corrects him by saying it's "Orca".

Meanwhile, Balmung is chanting "It wasn't me" over and over again to the complete disregard of the other characters. Mimiru asks Black Rose who she is, Black Rose retorts that she should say who she is first... so Black Rose decides it's not worth it, just to get a name. Tsukasa and Kite try to puzzle out the letters and realize it spells "GIFT", a present.

A very dejected Balmung then comes to the realization that it must be Helba that's the culprit, because after all, didn's she mention a "small gift" in her email? He goes on a spiel as to why she is the cuplrit, saying that her non-presence is evidence of this. Subaru does have to point out that, Helba being present it rarer than her not being present. Crim agrees with Balmung, but thinks it's the wrong direction - rather than it being Helba, it's someone that wants the GIFT all to themselves.

Ginkan meanwhile gets all fired up because he was rather looking forward to the hot baths (with somewhat indecent thoughts it seemed) but Subaru puts him back in his place by hitting him a few times with her hoe. Ouch.

It turns into a contest to see who can solve the mystery the fastest AND find the onsen (mostly it's Black Rose and Mimiru dragging Kite and Tsukasa along). They run off, and Subaru decides she doesn't want to lose in this either, so she and Crim disappear with Ginkan tagging along after them.

Balmung speaks to the corpse, swearing revenge upon their name as the "Descendants of Fianna-" only to have the corpse get deleted on him mid-speech.

In Carmina Gadelica, Kite and Black Rose discuss things (more of Kite being wishy washy about going on this hunt.) and Black Rose getting all excited about the thought of being the first and being able to welcome the others with a kind of gloating joy. If you look at what Kite is playing with idly... isn't that the Twilight Lugnut?! Er.. that is... the Twilight Bracelet?

Tsukasa and Mimiru talk in Donna Loriak. Tsukasa puzzles over the possibility that the word Gift (in Japanese) might be a part of the three word system. The words Mimiru suggests are quite.... bizarre.... Although Tsukasa ends up saying that there was no need to write GIFT in english as it was... and it rouses Mimiru's ire.

Cut to Mak Anu on a riverboat. Subaru, Ginkan and Crim are on the boat wondering why Bear didn't write out the name of his killer. Ginkan thinks that maybe Kite and Tsukasa misread the letters which actually spelled out the name of the perpetrator. When asked, Ginkan replies with: CRIM! Subaru, knocks Ginkan down (It's mosaiced out), hits him repeatedly with her hoe, and then kicks him off the boat. How violent...

Now to some random dungeon, where Balmung wanders aimlessly deeper, seeking conviction - until he runs into Ucchi & Emi (Hosts from the radio show 'Sumi Sumi Night'). They tell him that the dungeon cannot be used, but unfortunately most of the random gibberish that comes out of their mouths is so confusing that it causes Balmung to pretty much fall to pieces.

Next, Crim, Subaru and Ginkan appear in a dungeon field, and Crim wonders where they are. Subaru says this a place she remembered after smacking Ginkan upside the head a few times. Ginkan is of course... overjoyed that he seemed to have been of use to her, but it turns out that she'd read about a mysterious onsen dungeon.

In the field they find Bear (in reality it's Orca) and BT. They're chatting away, it seems. Talk that seems to have gotten him to blush from head to toes, well... BT simply said that Bear specializes at irritating people. Crim, Subaru and Ginkan wonder why these two are here... and vice versa.

It seems that Subaru believes that this place is the "Tasogare no Onsen", or the 'Twilight Onsen'... however, BT corrects them by saying it's the "Tachigare no Onsen", aka the 'Blighted Onsen'. Oops.... Ginkan has to gloat at Subaru's mistake but she gets back at him calling him a 'Rental Video Clerk, 30 years old'. It sends him flying head first into the lake where he remains half-submerged. Ahem... Subaru has gotten stronger, hasn't she? "Bear" reccomends that they go to the Net Slum to find the Twilight Onsen, so they head off.

Meanwhile, "Bear" tries to blurt out something to BT, but Sora appears atop of Ginkan, happy of course, that he's found his favourite - BT. Then Kite and Black Rose appear as well. "Bear" just sighs....

Cut to a grassy field where Mia and Elk are lying on the grass. It's certainly peaceful. Mia sits up and spots Tsukasa standing there. Curious... Their eyes meet, but Tsukasa is then grabbed by Mimiru and physically hauled off. Elk wonders what's wrong and Mia turns back to him with a somewhat creepy smile. She lies back down, rolls face down... and slides atop Elk to start, ah, kissing the flailing Elk.

Black Rose is just a bit devastated to realize that they're at the Blighted Onsen and not the Twilight Onsen. BT meanwhile starts on a rant about the Key of the Twilight.

Kite says, "Oh this?" as he holds up a lugnut (!!). "Ooops, wrong thing," he remarks as he tosses it aside.

Sora meanwhile asks if the old lady that is BT didn't know that Kite had found the Key of the Twilight. "Bear" starts on a rant that he should have been the bearer of the Bracelet.

[eyecatch] (It's... very very disturbing.)

Balmung sits out in a dungeon field, "This is not the place...." he says quietly... Piros suddenly calls out to him, saying he'll lend a hand. Balmung begins ranting about wanting Mentaiko because he's got hungry siblings. Piros says he can't get it because it's raw stuff. Balmung gets a bit peeved, because Piros is all talk and no action.... Piros counters with the fact that he'll listen... he'll listen all night even... apaprently Piros's idea of lending a hand is a bit odd... Balmung decides he'd rather be elsewhere. Piros mentions a hot springs somewhere.... which sends Balmung into a dreamy state of wanting to go to an onsen since he's never been to one before. Piro goes on about of course needing a towel and to cleanse one's body and mind before going into the water... one of Piros's typical spiels. He then gates off before Balmung can get the location.

Balmung finds himself in the Net Slums where he finds a dead BT. Ucchi and Emi are there again, telling him that the area will be closed off soon. Balmung of course, begs them to do this now! Quickly! Enter Kite and Black Rose. Apparently Balmung is being mistaken for a PKer now... poor guy. Kite and Black Rose think that Balmung's secret desire was to become a PKer. Tsukasa and Mimiru gate in... and then Krim, Subaru and Ginkan.

As they continue to argue (all ignoring Balmung) *scene cut* Kite suggests giving up... Ginkan then calls Kite something of a wimp. Tsukasa counters with a comment about there not being a need to have that kind of Machismo on the net. Balmung continues on his depressive streak. An idle comment that the word "Gift" doesn't exist results in inspiration. They realize that with Kite's Bracelet and the powers Morganna gave Tsukasa... they can reach the secret dungeon. And the race continues.

Balmung is still sitting there, and he starts to sing "Yasahii Yoake" rather pitifully.

They arrive in an more traditional modern Japanese style boulevard. Ginkan gets his head knocked in again. Mimiru knocks over Black Rose to start the race. Black Rose chases afterwards with Tsukasa and Kite tailing behind them. Subaru then races off to join them.

Crim considers joining, except that Sora wants some sweet revenge! And so they fight, supported by wires, over the rooftop and skies of the dungeon. As they fight, Crim accidentally - well... slices off some of Balmungs feathers. Balmung goes on a depressed spiel about how he's wanted to stop access for a while but he couldn't because of certain expectations and how he'd gotten his wings through "the One Sin" even.... and LOOK WHAT CRIM HAS DONE TO IT! And a brawl ensues while Sora watches gleefully. Piros enters the fray. It turns into a conversation about the other's bad hair style.

Mimiru and Black Rose are still fighting.

Subaru is running, with Ginkan desperately trying to keep up. BT meanwhile catches up with Subaru easily and the conversation starts out with BT noting that Ginkan is with her, like always. Subaru says that he's always tagging along. BT tells her to up and tell him, but Subaru says she's not so cruel as to do that. BT says playing with him is even more cruel. Subaru says it's up to him and the conversation degenerates into mostly snide comments about the other. Age. Personality. Not flattering others... and generally calling each other idiots. It leaves Ginkan meanwhile eating the dust as he finally loses the race to catch up with Subaru.

Crim and Balmung continue to brawl in the streets. Black Rose and Mimiru trade insults. Subaru and BT are convinced the other envies/is jeaous of the other. And at the mysterious onsen, Bear and Orca duel, until a pair of naked girls distract them and decide to give this up and just enjoy the onsen.

Orca meanwhile admits he was wrong for killing Bear. Bear says he doesn't blame him... Orca had spent most of the game unconscious and out of the spotlight, when he comes back, Kite and Tsukasa are all in the spotlight. A naked Helba appears and she goes into the water with them, having pieced together Orca's motives.... Figuring no one remembers him by this point, he decides to PK Bear and pretend to be him to go to the onsen. Bear comforts the sobbing Orca by saying thanks to him, they get to be the first to enjoy the hot waters. Orca was just attention deprived.

Kite and Tsukasa are in the baths in another part. Kite is marvelling that Tsukasa has been with that other group. Tsukasa says the same in kind. Kite replies that he's the hero, so it's natural. Tsukasa replies that he's the hero too... except that HE is a SHE, causing Kite to cover up in embarassment. Tsukasa wonders meanwhile... who could have killed BT. Helba answers that it was her.... because she thought it would liven up the story - and she floats up into the sky with her towel dropping down around her.

Cue the 'A' tone.

Aura, sitting alone, says, "Mother... I am Aura... Aura is I.... But... mother... Everyone... Everyone keeps <censored>-ing me."

---

The end!

I hope everyone has enjoyed this! It's much better to watch it yourself, as it's very very funny!

The word so far on the US release is that it will be an extra, or just an easter egg on the last volume of the .hack games, .hack/Quarantine.

As a note, I highly recommend that you watch the opening and ending all the way through. Don't be fooled if you think it's exactly the same as the normal .hack//SIGN opening and ending ^^;;

So, welcome to .hack//GIFT week!
"Ii na, ii na...ii na, ii na...hoshii na, HOSHII..."
Balmung
... sasuga watashi.

Post by Balmung »

Guess no one can't complain that I don't get enough screentime....

....although.... perhaps it's not 'quite' what anyone had in mind.
711224 11111224 11125 2 83212 711224 111112554 420 170 42112 711224 11111224 11125177 711224 11125 43
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

.... COOL! XD

Call me.. SORA SCISSORHANDS! Shakashakamaraca~

SORA KIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK~!

*kicks Balmung* Ufufufu >D
----------------------------------
"Sora KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!"

Don't hate me because I'm l337iful ;_;
Kite
Lugnut Mod

Post by Kite »

After watching it about 20 times.... I can honestly say, that is NOT the kind of screentime anyone wants. There there Balmung.... maybe you'll do better in Unison.... Maybe ^^;
Come with me in the twilight of a summer night for awhile
Tell me of a story never ever told in the past
Bear
Mr. Flibble's Very Cross

Post by Bear »

BEAR SMASH. ;_;
Balmung
... sasuga watashi.

Post by Balmung »

*HATES YOU ALL!!*

*goes to sulk in a corner, doodling circles in the dirt* ........

Kidding. And at least in Unison I can be expected to be full-sized.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!
711224 11111224 11125 2 83212 711224 111112554 420 170 42112 711224 11111224 11125177 711224 11125 43
Kite
Lugnut Mod

Post by Kite »

Yes, you won't have neon pink with white polka dots on your clothes, nor will you be wearing a bib with a tulip on it.... c.c.

I suppose I didn't fare too badly.... I just played around with a lugnut.... and waffled alot.

And I have one bit of advice for Balmung.... learn to sing/karaoke
Last edited by Kite on Sat Aug 23, 2003 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come with me in the twilight of a summer night for awhile
Tell me of a story never ever told in the past
Balmung
... sasuga watashi.

Post by Balmung »

You -are- a lug-nut. >_>
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.