.hack//SIGN #28 UNISON Synopsis/Partial Script

Important announcements and information from the forum managers.
Kite
Lugnut Mod

.hack//SIGN #28 UNISON Synopsis/Partial Script

Post by Kite »

To finally elaborate on the cryptic comment Reki made about .hack//SIGN ep 28 UNISON being an episode where "the characters meet in a tavern and then go clubbing in the Net Slum" here is a synopsis of UNISON. I was sick and didn't feel like putting out a synopsis before today.

.hack//SIGN #28 - UNISON

The episode opens with Balmung, Orca and Kite reaching a snowy Area. An Angolmore appears from the Magic Ring.

Cut to Mistral running through a dungeon in a hurry. She is carrying a Golden Grunty Statue. She's running a tad late. When she gets out of the dungeon she turns back to look at the dungeon she's left when Sora decides to ambush her demanding her Member Address.

The scene changes to that of a tavern. Mimiru and Subaru are there talking and having a drink. Mimiru is talking about something that happened in school and BT coming up on them, has a retort for Mimiru's comment. Greetings are exchanged, and questions asked. Bear is working under a deadline and might not make it. Subaru asks if there's anything from Bear (regarding Tsukasa). BT mentions that Tsukasa's player is busy with school and cannot vist Bear this month. Both Subaru and Mimiru are dejected until BT tells them that Tsukasa will log in from the school dormitory. There are scenes of Tsukasa's player starting up her computer and logging into "the World"

Back to the unfortunate Mistral. She's trying to get free of Sora, and Ginkan shows up. After some witty exchange
Sora: So playing the esteemed ally? Even with the Crimson Knights no longer around?
Ginkan: I've come to realize. Justice is not found in numbers but rather within the hearts of each individual.
Sora: How COOL~ I'll make you a captain! And naturally, as a defender of justice, you're going to fight me?
Ginkan: I-if I must. Then I will!
Crim: There's an ally of justice here too!
Crim is to the rescue, offering to take on Sora if it's fine witn Sora. Of course, it isn't and Sora warps out of the field with his usual flair for the dramatics. Crim tells Ginkan not to pursue Sora, because you have to take the good with the bad. He mentions that if they keep lingering, they'll be late.

Mimiru, BT and Subaru make a toast. They meet Black Rose, and there's a little bit of a snipey exchange between Black Rose and Mimiru about their character likeness:
Mimiru: What.... You're still that character? Enough is enough. Stop copying me.
Black Rose: Who's copying you? This is MY original.
Mimiru: So you say. I was here first!
Black Rose: Yeah. Yeah. Say it all you want. But just you see, years from now, I'll be the one called the "Legendary Player"
Mimiru: Legendary Player?... Are you trying to copy Balmung now?
Black Rose: I've been saying, I'm not copying-
BT tells them to cut it out. Meanwhile, Tsukasa finally arrives. They talk about when they'd last met, and Tsukasa has not logged in since being able to log out, but Mimiru has gone shopping with Tsukasa's player at some point in the nearer past. Tsukasa asks Subaru to go next time... and belatedly asks Mimiru as well. They talk about shopping and eating crepes and other fun things.

Meanwhile BT asks Black rose where Kite might be
BT: By the way, where is your partner?
Black Rose: Ah... Oh. On a virus run...
BT: Oh? Remnants of Morganna. Of course, it can't be said for certain that there aren't any surviving data fragments.
Black Rose: I think it's all-right now. Helba and Lioth's recent investigations have turned up nothing in terms of virus bug sightings
BT: Double-checking? How very like that trio.
Cut to the battle that Balmung, Orca and Kite are fighting in. Orca tries to take out the monster with a special move but it has not apparent effect
Kite: (smirking) Aren't you supposed to be recovering? Don't push it, Yasuhiko?
Orca: (miffed) I told you not by that name.
Kite: (laughter)
Meanwhile, Elk arrives at the gathering at the tavern quite out of breath. Black Rose berates him. Tsukasa is surprised, since this is the first time meeting Elk. Mia calls out to Elk to wait up since she's coming at a more leisurely rate.

Tsukasa sees Elk and is surprised. And Tsukasa identifies Mia as Macha. (Maha for those of you that for some reason don't approve of Bandai's official spelling of Macha's name)

Balmung meanwhile, admires Kite as he performs the data drain and has a conversation with Orca. Apparently, Orca is distrustful of Kite's datadrain powers. Balmung and Orca conclude that maybe there REALLY aren't any more bits of Morgana.

Cut back to Tsukasa talking to Macha
Tsukasa: Macha... I've been wanting to see you for so long. I thought for sure I would so.... so
Mia: W-wait... I've never met you... Besides... My name is-
Tsukasa: Oh! And I thought I might return this to you, if we ever met again....This... It's yours. (returns the bit of fragrant grass that Macha dropped)
Mia: (crying) Why? I've never met you.... I don't even know you. So... So.... Why won't my tears stop? I... I....
Tsukasa: (hugging Macha) It's all right Macha... You don't have to say a thing... All right?
Cut back to Kite, Balmung and Orca discussing the Bracelet.
Kite: It's true, that maybe... there's no need for it anymore....
Orca: Without a need for it, it's nothing more than an illegal item.
Kite: But... one thing...
Orca: Hm?
Kite: After it all... Why did Aura entrust me with the bracelet once more?
Balmung: What of it?
Kite: I don't think that there's no purpose to it... Which is why... Until I know Aura's intentions... I must protect the bracelet. Could it be that the purpose of the one entrusted with the bracelet... That's what I think...
Balmung: Thus it would be the will of "the World"...If so.... Understood. I'll help
Kite: Thank you!
Orca brings it to their attention that they're running late because of the hard time they had with the monsters. Kite has to rib Orca and say it was Orca that was having the problems.

Back to the group at the tavern. Crim, Ginkan and Mistral have since arrived. Crim tries to have a little conversation with Tsukasa telling how much Tsukasa has changed except that Mimiru tells him to cut out his preachy talk. Tsukasa tells them that because he has found a place where he belongs, he can go anywhere because he'll always have somewhere to return to.

BT says it's time to go, and Bear shows up. There's the standard Bear and BT exchange about Bear not being a gentleman to which Crim has to agree. The group appears in the Net Slum, which looks a little different because Helba decided to modify the textures for a more festive look so as to avoid unwanted memories. After a short speech, Helba starts off the festivities of fireworks and music.

Mirelle, Mimiru, Subaru, Tsukasa and Black Rose decide to go and dance. Silver Knight as well... although he does some dance that looks more like a gorilla moving... (gotta wonder about him)

As Tsukasa and Subaru dance, they notice someone watching from an alleyway. It's Sora who ducks back in as soon as he's noticed. Tsukasa goes to check on him and finds him trying to fight back his tears. Tsukasa affirms that they're friends (making Sora very happy) They run out to dance. I really hope the gorilla dance that Ginkan, Tsukasa and Sora dance(complete with them trying to make gorilla noises) is a macro....

Meanwhile, Helba and Lyoth talk
Helba: You're late, Lioth.
Lioth: I have a proposal regarding this place.
Helba: What?
Lioth: I'm prepared to make this place into a legitimate Route Town. It's the least I could do as a thanks.
Helba: It's the thought that counts.
Lioth: Why? If this place becomes a Route Town-
Helba: The Net Slum is a place that is everywhere - yet nowhere, the last place of its kind within the World, that is why I wish for it to remain this way
Lioth: I understand. Do as you'd like.
Helba: Thank you. You've changed havn't you, Lioth?
Lioth: Don't be ridiculous
Kite, Balmung and Orca finally arrive and join in the festivities. Kite dances, as does Orca but Balmung sits it out with the more adult-types.

Tsukasa and Subaru notice a figure in the sky. Aura. They both raise a hand in greeting (like in .hack//SIGN anime when Aura awakens) and Aura returns the gesture with a smile.

The End
Come with me in the twilight of a summer night for awhile
Tell me of a story never ever told in the past