.hack//Wizard of Oz... uhm, "Color Theory"

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

Actually, I'm quite sure we'll be seeing just as much if not more merchandising here than there will be in Japan. Just look at the Limited Edition DVD sets c_c;

Thus far, it seems they want to bring everything available in Japan over here, so I'm pretty sure it'll be the same deal with the games here o_o buy all for and send in for your DVD o.o
Asmaria
Player Character

Post by Asmaria »

Whoo! Yay for Mimiru! :D She finally gets a spotlight. n_n I really can't wait until we get a chance to see that.
Durhi - Retarded puchiguso
Rune Grey
Player Character

Post by Rune Grey »

Mimiru as the main character...

...heaven help us all. ^_~
Cha.

~Perpetual Thorn of Logic and Reason~
Gearhead
Player Character

Post by Gearhead »

Oh, I don't know.

Mimiru has a fairly good head on her shoulders, especially by the end of Sign. I can imagine her being a strong central protagonist for a show by that point, as opposed to someone who orbits around the middle of the tale.
~ Resident Voodoo Techie ~
Jetfire99
Player Character

Post by Jetfire99 »

Ya bout time Mimiru got her own starring role! Humm a .hack plot with Mimiru as the central char would work :D
As the Rain falls...
I close my eyes...
And dream of rings...
spinning in the darkness....

-An unknown Hunter
Rune Grey
Player Character

Post by Rune Grey »

Really, it would have to be something without Tsukasa for Mimiru to have a really good center role... which is what this DVD is supposed to be, ne? But angst boy just seems to steal the show most of the time, and its really difficult for other characters to get a word in edgewise when he's around.

Still, should be interesting indeed...
Cha.

LimeyBrit
Lowbie

Post by LimeyBrit »

Asmaria wrote:I sense a challenge to my beliefs ~.~ :P I suppose he didn't outright turn his back on her, but it does seem that he was less willing to accept her help than he was Subaru's. I really think that they could have been closer friends (though not like him and Subaru @_@;) if she hadn't had the role she did. But then again, perhaps he wouldnt' have been as well off if she hadn't been there. We'll never know. :)
Forgive me for coming in late on this one, but it allows me to air some thoughts I had at the time of watching...

Mimiru definately did start the ball rolling by allowing Tsukasa to drop his guard & actually let other folks help him. Once that door had been opened, accepting Subaru's help became much easier. Also, I felt that IRL, both character's players felt restricted & damaged in some way - Tsu by virtue of the disintegration of his family life & Su by virtue of her damaged body. In that respect they may have shared some kind of common ground, which made them more likely to turn to each other for support.

And as a final note: I found the moments when Tsu smiles were actually quite disturbing, since I was always suspecting that this would be the inevitable prelude to oncoming doom & disaster!
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

Lmfao. It's a prelude to more disaster... for The World in-general, but Tsukasa has put that behind her. ^_^; She's in the real world now, and she's... happy. ;p
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
Asmaria
Player Character

Post by Asmaria »

I'm actually quite glad the series ended where it did. ^^; I don't really care to see how happy Tsu is, even if I am glad he's... happy, as you guys put it. ^^

I wonder how Bear feels about those two... ^_^;;
Rune Grey
Player Character

Post by Rune Grey »

Yes, you always were a little wierd about that. ^^

I personally think its a very sweet ending, though.
Cha.

Asmaria
Player Character

Post by Asmaria »

I'm not denying it's sweet, but I have to deal with it somehow. ;P It really is cute, but what I meant to say was that by dragging it out to show how things were afterwards, it could have gotten into a sappy soap-opera-ish point, or perhaps, lead towards a show all about the after lives of Tsukasa and Subaru... @_@ Argh! Brain meltdown! Nooo~!