Tsukasa and Subaru, together at last??

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Black Lotus
Player Character

Post by Black Lotus »

Sephiroth wrote:I thought Tsukasa was a boy...
Watch all of .hack//sign.
If you have and you still dont get it.....I dont know what to tell you.
I'm sorry.[/quote]
P.S. I broke 100!
Kenshin is awesome!
Sephiroth
Player Character

Post by Sephiroth »

Black Lotus wrote:If you have and you still dont get it.....I dont know what to tell you.
I'm sorry.
Its ok. I'm going 2 watch it 2night.
Waiting for the day when Aura will wake.....

I finally have 100 posts!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't think that i'm a boy just because i have a boys name 4 my username because i'm a girl!
YozyTheKunisakiFan

Post by YozyTheKunisakiFan »

You could know it sooner than watching all the way thru: we
{the watchers(Duncan...*drool*)} and Bear know by this point in the dub that Tsu-chan is a girl and BT might. I don't remember, and don't want to get hit with the baka stick.

Don't read if you don't want to know, Black Lotus did say this was for peps who have seen all the eps first thing.

I think they wouldn't have a strictly online relationship {I think we all agree with this} but they will both need to think about Tsu-chan being a girl- when they get to a certain point with their relationship. I think we see something, but they still would wait to do anything if Tsu was a boy. They're still getting to know each other and be friends; They may have the spark now, but they'll wait till their ready.

I read a mostly good Tsu IRL romance- even if it had Mimiru instead of Subura. But the athour went too quick with the story so it suffered. She had a good plot, but it wasn't made for a one-shot.

*Any* love story with Tsu-chan will need to let them get to know each other as none of them know her well. Also Tsu will have to deal with her past and does not need anything but a friend now.

a muti-part over at lest two years is what is needed IMHO, and maybe just tittering on the knife's edge of it being more then just friendship. I'd like to try to do it, but need to make the plot first before I start writing.

This started as just a quick reply, but now you people have given me a story idea @-@ I don't know if I should hug you or hurt you. Let's settle for a strategically pounced glomp with my arms around your neck if I change my mind, ne?
Mood for today: White Jessamine

The Bunny Queen of Ranting
Baroness Heian of The Mists,
Knight of the 2nd Blue Circle
La ShiKo, Yoninah Zulema of The House of Morgana
[/SIZE]
Black Lotus
Player Character

Post by Black Lotus »

YozyTheKunisakiFan wrote:You could know it sooner than watching all the way thru: we
{the watchers(Duncan...*drool*)} and Bear know by this point in the dub that Tsu-chan is a girl and BT might. I don't remember, and don't want to get hit with the baka stick.
You don't know for sure until later on, but ya its somewhere in the middle where Bear lets spill that Tsukasa's a lady. I'm not sure what episode it was but I think something like 15 or so.
P.S. I broke 100!
Kenshin is awesome!
Rogue_Noir
Player Character

Post by Rogue_Noir »

I think that Subaru knew pretty early on that Tsukasa was a girl, even before they "fell in love." In episode 12, Bear tells BT of the incident at the hospital and word spreads to Sora eventually.. we find out that Sora knows Tsukasa is a girl in Ep 21 but everything he knew about Tsukasa in real life came via BT who got info from Bear. Bear also told the same incident over to Subaru in ep 12 and I would imagine that he has no incentive to selectively omit details like Tsukasa being a girl when talking with Subaru. When I watched the series the first time through, I kept anticipating the moment when Tsukasa would reveal to Subaru that he's a girl in RL but when that came about, Subaru didn't show any hint of surprise.. so she probably already knew. How their relationship continues outside the game world is up to the individual's interpretation and imagination...
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

I don't know about that. Bear spoke to Subaru about Tsukasa being trapped in "The World", but she was NOT told about Tsukasa being a girl. There's a point where BT has the chance to tell Subaru, but doesn't. (Somewhere around 21, after Tsukasa goes all Shinji-esque)

I don't think Subaru knew, but I think it's more of a matter that she doesn't care. They make a rather kawaii couple anyway...

Also, I think the recently released .hack Encyclopedia has something on this...however, I can't read Japanese. >_<
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.
YashaOokami
Legend

Post by YashaOokami »

Actually Subaru does find out,when she is talking to Tsukasa that is.
When they are at Net Slum,Tsukasa still feels unsure about it but also believes that he is a girl in the real world,due to having a memory he recalled from.Subaru didnt care really,she wanted to meet Tsukasa no matter what.She said Tsukasa's spirit is what draws her near.
"True strength comes with time..through presistent training!!"-Ouka,Vol. 2
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Yeah, but referring to whether she knew prior to episode 23 is the question, I think.

I personally think not. Subaru is really devoted to Tsukasa, and won't let anything really stand in the way of their love...or that's what I assume...
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

I believe BT had the power to jepordize Tsukasa x Subaru in episode 20-something when she almost tells Subaru that Tsukasa is female IRL. :3
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Yeah, you're probably right. But I guess that the fact that BT doesn't shows how much she's developed as a character. Mostly because the "old BT" probably would have told Subaru.

However, if Subaru didn't care when Tsukasa told her, why would she have cared when BT told her?
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

It was two/three episodes prior to Subaru's declaration of sticking by Tsukasa after she let him go that one time and he went missing. :P
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
Guynietoren
Player Character

Post by Guynietoren »

Eggplant of the Twilight wrote:However, if Subaru didn't care when Tsukasa told her, why would she have cared when BT told her?
Trust me, it just goes down easier. When the one you love hears bad news from you, as opposed to someone else telling her. All trust will die otherwise. Unless she has enough pitty for you.
.:Guynie:.
FireDraconian
Legend

Post by FireDraconian »

Or unless she believed that Tsukasa didn't know himself. Of course, if BT had told her, would Subaru try to tell Tsukasa? Or keep it a secret?
"A friend... or perhaps, a foe. A meddler with a warning." -Helba, .hack//Infection
Andy00
Player Character

Post by Andy00 »

I really don't think it would make much of a difference, given Subaru's reaction. IE, none at all.

Regarding them getting to know each other...well, yeah. Subaru _herself_ says they gotta do that in episode 25.

But c'mon..how many couples are there out there that we accept get together, with just as much knowledge of the other person?
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Andy sees my point: It's the fact that Subaru seems to trust Tsukasa enough to tell her anything he knows/remembers about himself. Considering that he was willing to show her Aura's Room, which is supposed to be a HUGE secret, I seriously doubt that anything that Subaru learns about Tsukasa that Tsukasa doesn't know himself would phase her.

I admit, she'd probably ask him, but he trusts Subaru so much for so little known...

Then again, in episode 26, I find it somewhat amusing how he seems to agree with the Morganna-Subaru's views pretty quickly. It's as if he's already building up a defense against her verbal assault, and that something seems off color to him.