Does anyone know how long is the time period in the games?

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
YashaOokami
Legend

Post by YashaOokami »

The reason we say that Mistral is pregnant,is because it is stated later on in the games,not like Infection or Mutation in which you have seen just now,you didnt miss anything..this is just for after Mutation.
"True strength comes with time..through presistent training!!"-Ouka,Vol. 2
Hema
Player Character

Post by Hema »

Oh, ok. Thank you very much for explaining that, lol. ^.^
Oh No Melon!
Player Character

Post by Oh No Melon! »

I say that the time that's elapsed in the game's real world is around 1-2 weeks or so. It wouldn't be that hard to meet up and befriend all these players, it's supposed to have how many million people? So meeting and making friends with 5-8 of them won't be that hard. Also, you have obsessive people who play games [ look at EverQuest ] so since all the stuff's been going around in the games, the players could just be logging in for long periods of time.
As one the collective unifies
emanate a faithless shine
forever creation has conceived
birth of destruction spreads its wings
chaotic rebirth a new domain
relive the sight the sound the pain
erotic the taste of agony
adorn the scars in inhumanity
Naruku
Lowbie

Post by Naruku »

That could be possible.....
but won't some of the player... like Kite and Blackrose have much of a chance to play it since they at school?
I mean I know they can play it at school, but would an hour or so be enough to process in the world? so wouldn't that hinder their process a bit? but remember in mutation when Marlo post his messege on the board, he say that 'you become somewhat famous...' something along those line, so wouldn't be have atleast a large of amount of time to pass, if Kite is becoming famous....
Hate ... is what drive people forward....
Oh No Melon!
Player Character

Post by Oh No Melon! »

The time between school ending and the time they goto sleep could be alot, depending on -when- they goto sleep. As much as 12 hours, you know.

As for being famous, rumours must be flying around the 'net about the character that can re-write enemy data and can visit protected areas...
As one the collective unifies
emanate a faithless shine
forever creation has conceived
birth of destruction spreads its wings
chaotic rebirth a new domain
relive the sight the sound the pain
erotic the taste of agony
adorn the scars in inhumanity
DMarx
Player Character

Post by DMarx »

Oh No Melon! wrote:The time between school ending and the time they goto sleep could be alot, depending on -when- they goto sleep. As much as 12 hours, you know.
Also, a News item in Mutation mentions kids skipping school to play The World. Maybe Kite and BlackRose do that.
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

BlackRose, maybe. Kite's too much of a goody goody to skip school o_O
Naruku
Lowbie

Post by Naruku »

Hmm.....

could be who know? They might they might not...

As for student skipping, yeah, I can see Blackrose skipping school, cuz of some personal reason...

"Kazu, bring him...." I think that what she said...

So I assume that she would try to be in the world 24-7 trying to figure
what happened to Kazu or to revive him or something.... :?
Hate ... is what drive people forward....
.hack//Helba
Player Character

Post by .hack//Helba »

The storyline huh? I say it is a month. After all they are high school kids and they need to go to school and do the homework and stuff. I don't think their parents would be very happy about playing "The World" 24-7. Remember parents don't know about this stuff and they say that playing too much video games caused brain damage and when you go to sleep after playing video games too much, you can't go to sleep. Also remember that they are humans so they need to eat. May be they hang out with friends a little, at least that's what Blackrose would do, she is a girl after all as well as I am. They also need to get out of the house sometime, for example kite could visit Yasuhiko in the hospital and Blackrose could visit Kazu too. Well at least that's what I think. They can try to play "The World" 24-7 but I don't think they could besides Blackrose needs Kite to discover things and stuff and Kite is just too good to skip school and go on and play the world.

Then again kite could skip school to help his friend Yasuhiko
I am a friend or may be a foe?

Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Well, I'm pretty sure if here was a choice between hanging with friends or trying to save Yasuhiko/Kazu, I'd go for the second choice.

BlackRose did say that she was busy in one of her first e-mails to you, so that's something to put in mind. Then again, she still manages to come whenever you call...

As for the parents, well, I don't know. Not ALL parents think that way (well, my parents don't, even if I do spend endless hours playing my games sometimes). Actually, none of my friend's parents even think that way too, so maybe Kite and BlackRose are lucky enough to have those kinds of parents.
.hack//Helba
Player Character

Post by .hack//Helba »

yeah may be but I don't think they are going to spend endless hours playing video games because they do have class the next day. But may be just may be they are in summer vacation and they can spend endless hours. But still they need to eat and sleep.

Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

No, it's not summer while they're playing. In a couple of e-mails from BlackRose (and one from Natsume), they talk about school.

Sleep? Hah! Who needs sleep when you can be noctournal and then have to fight the next day to keep your bloody eyes open in class? : D Food shouldn't be a problem. Run and grab a bite real quick, or eat it at the computer table. : P
.hack//Helba
Player Character

Post by .hack//Helba »

You sure do this things when you are playing a video game don't you Dukino? Anyways I still think it is a month. You can play as much as u want but what about classes? You need to study and you need to take notes in class so you can pass your test and stuff.

Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

::shifty eyes:: .... Yes, I do. u.u;

When people throw in the idea about school and parents and stuff, you know that totaly screws with the system here. O.o Okay, if we throw in the once in a while study session, the school, the bitching parents, the friends, the visiting friends at the hostpital, trying to find the cure for the common cold, watch Saturday morning cartoons, and debate on if the sky is really and truely blue, then yes, it should take around a month.

But when you have a lot of extra time in your life like I do, which for some reason makes me think everybody else does, then it should take around 3 or 4 weeks. o___o;
.hack//Helba
Player Character

Post by .hack//Helba »

How many weeks do you think a month have? 8? Just kiding but it is true though a month does have 4 weeks and you are telling that it would take around 3 to 4 week in other words a month