.hack//Wizard of Oz... uhm, "Color Theory"

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

Well, yes - Mimiru's adolescence makes her different from the rest of the cast. She's somewhat like Asuka: she insists she's an adult, yet, she does childish things that negate maturity. When she first meets Tsukasa, IE, she says, "MIMIRU DESSSSSSSSSSSU" in a childish tone. Later, when she re-meets Tsukasa, she slaps him. When she realizes he looks hurt, she shows her actual maturity by looking concerned, but then immediately goes back to looking incredibly pissed off. Her role can't be as involved simply because yes; she's young and has a life. We here about her doing things other than The World in the beginning, she brings the discussions of what she does outside, inside. On the flip side, Bear does not tell everyone that he is a novelist, he doesn't bring outside things inside, and IIRC, no one else really does, separating that most people have an online life, and an offline life, and usually don't get both mixed up with each other. Mimiru combines both, even if the Real Life things she was talking about was minor stuff like taking a bath. She wasn't fully devoted to Tsukasa's case, and to The World, yet anyways. While she might be one of the younger more immature characters, she's actually the first to go, "Tsukasa, I want to be involved with your situation." She proves this by waiting for him for SO EFFING LONG. @_@; I can't even stay on RO that long. x_o; While waiting for Tsukasa, on that bridge, all... night, day, etc, might seem kind of pointless and childish, she definitely proved her standing on Tsukasa: she's helping him. Perhaps it is then that her immaturities make her more mature. :wink:
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
Asmaria
Player Character

Post by Asmaria »

Yay for Bear! (ok, so that was faaar back in the post, but I had to say it. :P )
Who's to say why Tsukasa turned his back to her when Mimiru told him she'd protect him? He certainly didn't want her to see what he was really thinking, you know? I honestly think she began the cycle that Subaru eventually picks up on.
I sense a challenge to my beliefs ~.~ :P I suppose he didn't outright turn his back on her, but it does seem that he was less willing to accept her help than he was Subaru's. I really think that they could have been closer friends (though not like him and Subaru @_@;) if she hadn't had the role she did. But then again, perhaps he wouldnt' have been as well off if she hadn't been there. We'll never know. :)

Well, yes - Mimiru's adolescence makes her different from the rest of the cast. She's somewhat like Asuka: she insists she's an adult, yet, she does childish things that negate maturity. When she first meets Tsukasa, IE, she says, "MIMIRU DESSSSSSSSSSSU" in a childish tone. Later, when she re-meets Tsukasa, she slaps him. When she realizes he looks hurt, she shows her actual maturity by looking concerned, but then immediately goes back to looking incredibly pissed off.
AAAAH! @_@ *brain explodies* That comparison... nooooo ;o; (can anyone tell I don't like Asuka?) ^^;
Durhi - Retarded puchiguso
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Who's to say why Tsukasa turned his back to her when Mimiru told him she'd protect him? He certainly didn't want her to see what he was really thinking, you know? I honestly think she began the cycle that Subaru eventually picks up on.
I sense a challenge to my beliefs ~.~ :P I suppose he didn't outright turn his back on her, but it does seem that he was less willing to accept her help than he was Subaru's.
I meant that he did physically! When she asked him if she'd protect him, he turned around! @.@;; Gyah. I don't think there was ever a chance between the two for coupling reasons. :p However, the thing is this... She started the path for Subaru to pick up on to get Tsukasa going to how he is... and gyah... meds... making me sleepy... mind... going flop. x.x

I'll see where I can pick up later when I don't feel like I've got mush for brains.
Last edited by Tsukasa on Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rune Grey
Player Character

Post by Rune Grey »

Well, they ARE kids - we seem to have a bit of a problem understanding that someones people CAN act young because they feel like it. ^_~ The problem is that when other people are looking at you for support and such, oftentimes you don't have those small bits of freedom to be less than adult.

There is nothing more odd than seeing Tsukasa have a happy childish moment - seeing him smile has to be one of the odder things in the entire series.
Cha.

~Perpetual Thorn of Logic and Reason~
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

There is nothing more odd than seeing Tsukasa have a happy childish moment - seeing him smile has to be one of the odder things in the entire series.
Odd yes. Very cool? YES! He's got a nice smile. n.n Seeing him actually -really- smile is a nice thing. n.n
Rune Grey
Player Character

Post by Rune Grey »

"Comeon Tsukasa. Just a few seconds longer. Just hold that smile!"

Tsukasa: ^_^* <-- Twitch. Twitch.

Tsukasa: "...this isn't in my contract." *twitch*
Cha.

Asmaria
Player Character

Post by Asmaria »

"Comeon Tsukasa. Just a few seconds longer. Just hold that smile!"

Tsukasa: ^_^* <-- Twitch. Twitch.

Tsukasa: "...this isn't in my contract." *twitch*
Lol!

Oh, and I should have been more clear, gomen. ^^ I never meant as a coupling. Meep! No way. I just think they coulda been better buddies if Subaru hadn't been there. Laaaa~ I keep bouncing back and forth from really liking Subaru, to kinda wishing she had been lots different. ^_^; But really, even if I had the power to write an alternate ending, I wouldn't have changed anything in .hack//SIGN. Its just fine the way it is.
Durhi - Retarded puchiguso
Gearhead
Player Character

Post by Gearhead »

The cruellest prank that nature can inflict on a thinking organism is a stretch of about ten years where it starts to change the rules that said organism has to live by, pretty much at random, overnight.

Teens are starting to mature physically, but emotionally they're very rocky little animals. When you get right down to it, a bit of .hack revolves around the concept of standing up and taking responsibility for your actions in a non-childlike fashion. The Mimiru of the end of .hack//SIGN is not the same Mimiru that came in.. in fact, no one is the same anymore.

Everyone has grown, in strength and wisdom.
~ Resident Voodoo Techie ~
Rune Grey
Player Character

Post by Rune Grey »

...and in Sora's case, by gaining a rock hard body and one hell of an attitude! :P

But its the change in people over a period of time that we can appreciate - and .hack//SIGN certainly has that in spades. I'd personally prefer to see a lot of development over lots of flashy fight sequences - its easier to do violence than actual meaningful stories.

Although Dusk promises possibly even larger changes in character - these are actual children we're talking about going through this now...
Cha.

Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

...and in Sora's case, by gaining a rock hard body and one hell of an attitude!
Hey now.. I've always had rock hard abs and buns of steel *puurrs* ~o~ You didn't think I was mature then! ._. Jerk.

But more seriously, that's probably the biggest learning experience Sora got in //SIGN, though maybe he learned just a little bit beforehand, considering what he did for Tsukasa and everyone. It's too bad, though, he only really grew at the end of //SIGN, but he's had some time, and maybe he's grown a lot more by Volume 4, though we don't necessarily know what he's been doing until then.

.. likely, a lot of deep thinking o.-
Gearhead
Player Character

Post by Gearhead »

I'm hoping that we'll get to see what some of the //SIGN crew has been doing during the games that we haven't seen. It would make my year to see Subaru and Tsukasa in the party with Kite at some point.
Rune Grey
Player Character

Post by Rune Grey »

Given that those two would likely have been hip deep in everything going on in the world, they'd likely be a force to be reckoned with.

Not to mention really high level as well.

That would definately make my day, and Dusk has been hinting at their appearance...

Lord knows we've got enough other old characters showing up.
Cha.

Gearhead
Player Character

Post by Gearhead »

Balmung: Well.. we've got a pack of evil children and a whole mess of CC's knights breathing down our necks...

Subaru: It's the middle of the night.. tomorrow's Sunday.. and Shugo's friend stole our sunglasses.

Tsukasa: Hit it.
Rune Grey
Player Character

Post by Rune Grey »

Krim: Well, we've got another Key of the Twilight running around, the Crimson Knights are reformed under CC Company's control, and it seems that we're on the verge of another global disaster.

Sora: And I thought they were going to give us something HARD to deal with.
Cha.

Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

Asmaria wrote:AAAAH! @_@ *brain explodies* That comparison... nooooo ;o; (can anyone tell I don't like Asuka?) ^^;
It's so true. :P They both insist, "We're adults," but after getting treated like their actual age, they get pissy, and neglect childish/childhood things, yet finally come to terms with them. :P
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."