Where is this scene?

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
pastorbickley
Lowbie

Where is this scene?

Post by pastorbickley »

I'm curious when this scene is:
This is the picture that you can find all over the net, but I don't remember ever seeing it. There is also that part in the intro when Tsukasa's guardian "attacks" him and he dissolves. Is that just part of the intro?
error
Player Character

Post by error »

It's just a poster.
[The Adventures of Dane and Chase] <- Click the linkie, I dare you.
pastorbickley
Lowbie

Post by pastorbickley »

Okay, just checking :D
MahoTheNeko
Player Character

Post by MahoTheNeko »

Hmm...

Aura
Tsukasa

0 simbolysmus.... there's nothing, just a poster ...in all the cases its cool
Que sucede aquí?
veo todo al revéz , donde esta el suelo y cual es la diferencia entre este y el cielo?
Donde acabara esta agonia sicópata? seguro en la oscuridad, como siempre
error
Player Character

Post by error »

I got the poster for free from EB when I bought Infection. It's a very sexy poster. I haven't had the chance to put it up though.
[The Adventures of Dane and Chase] <- Click the linkie, I dare you.
ShadowFantasy4
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by ShadowFantasy4 »

its from the opening of .hacksign that picture of tsukasa atleast
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

.... uhm, no it isn't. In the .hack//SIGN opening, Tsukasa is seen from the front. In this, it's his side.
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

Yea..for some reason everyone clothes disolve in the opening...I still can't figure out why. But yea its just a promo poster.
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

I think they're clothes dissolved... to show them "Stripped" in two different ways: "Stripped" Mentally, and "Stripped" Physically. Notice how... ecstatic they all look when they're going through the tunnel and the clothes are dissolving, and etc? ... are these clothes, these forms, really "them?" Are they just shallow interpretations and dream forms of onesself, generated to please onesself because they're unhappy with their actual appearance?
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
LimeyBrit
Lowbie

Post by LimeyBrit »

As far as my admittedly dodgy memory goes, that particular image was just on the promo stuff.

I'd assumed that the images of the game clothes & headsets dissolving was reflective of the act of logging out from The World, back to reality. But the characters expressions did puzzle me in that respect, so perhaps it is indeed more related to escaping the bounds of reality & playing what/who you'd really like to be in the game, instead? Tsukasa certainly initially regarded The World as a far preferable habitat to the crummy real world...

(and maybe this deserves its own topic, if there are other opinions on the dissolving clothes thing?)