Vol. 2

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

I just picked it up today at Books-A-Million... its was a real surprise since I haven't been here in a while and I didn't think it was coming out until May of next year. The downside is that I blew all of my money on FFX-2 so I had to talk my mom into buying it for me... she now won't let me have it until Christmas :(
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
elkfan13
Player Character

Post by elkfan13 »

yay! I am very happy to know it is out thx ;O and I also have to wait for ffxX-2 untill christmas... I wish parents did not think so much alike -_-;;
first avatar!! yay
Rue Waltz
Lowbie

Post by Rue Waltz »

I finally had the chance to look through volume 2 today at a Barnes & Noble. Is it just me or does the mood do a 180 from volume 1 to volume 2? I mean, Shugo wasn't even all that serious about The World in the first volume but now he's all hardcore!

Hopefully, I can find volume 2 at a Waldenbooks, so I can get the 10% discount (yes, I'm a cheapskate. Sue me. :P )

And I agree with most people on this board. Kamui is a Grade A bi@tch, and needs to die. Personally, I'm hoping it's Balmung that cuts her down to size.

Here's a question for those in the know: What's the deal with Kamui's assistant? The girl who looks a hell of a lot like Reki (only with longer hair and glasses). Magi, was it? I don't have the book, so I forgot the name. :oops:
"Here's your penalty! 10 minutes with a live octopus in your pants!" - Icchan, Angelic Layer
YashaOokami
Legend

Post by YashaOokami »

Er..what about her? Magi I mean.
Is it because she looks like Reki that bothers you?
No,I'm not meaning being mean when I ask this,I am wondering why she bothers you o.o;
"True strength comes with time..through presistent training!!"-Ouka,Vol. 2
Rue Waltz
Lowbie

Post by Rue Waltz »

She just caught my attention, partly because she looks a lot like Reki but they also seem to know each other (which makes sense since they're working with the Sys Admin). I don't know, I guess I'm just wondering if Magi and Reki are related somehow in real life.

Silly question, I know, since they're within a game and anyone can look alike. :oops:
"Here's your penalty! 10 minutes with a live octopus in your pants!" - Icchan, Angelic Layer
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

I just think that they just have some sort of rivalry. They don't seem to like eachother a whole lot either.

It makes me wonder how the freak the animators came up with a Reki and Kamui pairing.
Rue Waltz
Lowbie

Post by Rue Waltz »

Reki...and Kamui!? Okay, now I'm scared. Especially since Reki doesn't seem to like Kamui.

Alas, the minds of animators...
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

lmao... at first I didn't think anything of it, since the anime was the first thing I saw offa' UdeDen...

But now it makes no sence to me... heh. :P
Rubedo
Legend

Post by Rubedo »

I myself, haven't had the chance to see the anime, so I can't give my opinion on the Reki and Kamui pairing. But as for Magi, I do hope to see more of her in Vol.3 of the manga, since I did rather like the character (if that wasn't obvious).
"That misty night, that dismal moon. The dead search for their kin.
While angels sing, in endless dark. The dead seek out sin."

"The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh"
SilverEyes
Player Character

Post by SilverEyes »

Rue Waltz wrote:Reki...and Kamui!? Okay, now I'm scared. Especially since Reki doesn't seem to like Kamui.

Alas, the minds of animators...
....Maybe she just brainwashed him or something, Or secretly bribed him? She'd be the type to do that.

And yes, that really wierded me out. Especialy in the udeDen anime, ep. 7 when [spoiler]Kamui and Balmung were..talking? and then Reki came and he was all staring in another directiopn, going lalalalalalalala, I'm just gonna pretend I'm not here, lalalalala, glare at Balmung, gate out, lalala.[/spoiler]

*used spoiler tags as a precaution* but, yeah...that's my take. In a few words, Reki didn't wanna be there. *nods* *looks at avatar* *bangs head on monniter* *leaves*
aisubeki mono no tame
ai o kureru mono no tame dekiru koto-Inuyashsa lyrics
Xeno
Player Character

Ouka???

Post by Xeno »

Ok,
so my parents still won't let me have my vol. 2 until Christmas... So I entered uber secret stealth mode today. I was at the bookstore and saw vol. 2 on the shelf so I picked it up and started skimming through it, I[spoiler] was at the part where Ouka/Orca walks in with a bikini on and Shugo is all "Ouka in a bikini!!!" [/spoiler]the thing is I'm pretty sure he called her Ouka and not Orca. I've been pronouncing it "Ouka" for so long I could've just assumed it said Ouka. Anyway, I didn't even realize it until I got home today so if anyone has read the English version of Vol. 2 could you look that up for me? I'm just curious to see if bandai changed it back in the middle of the story. Thx,
~Xeno
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Eh, they either got a lot of complants about that, or they realized, "Oh fsck, we got this chick's name wrong..." XP

But yes, they did change that... there are a few other things they got around to fixing as well.

Yet, they did get around to spelling Rena, "Reina" on the back cover :P
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

XD ORCA IN A THONG!!!!! damn, i guess this means i can't say that anymore.....does anyone know if they'll fix Ouka's name in vol. 1 with the next print?
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
YashaOokami
Legend

Post by YashaOokami »

I heard somebody mentioned they fixed it in the reprint of Volume 1.
I'm not exactly sure..I havent seen the reprints or gone to take a look myself.
"True strength comes with time..through presistent training!!"-Ouka,Vol. 2
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

thedudewhosadude wrote:XD ORCA IN A THONG!!!!! damn, i guess this means i can't say that anymore.....
HALLEJULLIA T_T

It gives me very, very bad images...