Official .hack//SIGN 1st dvd

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Ruby Red Rose
Player Character

Official .hack//SIGN 1st dvd

Post by Ruby Red Rose »

WOOHOO!!! *dances* I got my preorder last night. *hugs puchiguso plush*

Ahem. Now then...to the point. :D

Looking at the dvd case, I noticed what appear to be some keywords appear in the background of the art on the back of the dvd. Destroyer's, Greedy, Her (grouped together) and Sleepy, Voluptuous, Sinking (grouped together) and Hot Blooded, Great Seal, Remnant, Spiral (grouped together). Someone who has the game...can you go to these fields?

Also...in the first episode, I noticed...when Tsukasa sees Maha (is that the official spelling?) at the treasure box, the subtitle says "Macha...?" ?!!?
Due to circumstances beyond your control, you are master of your fate and captain of your soul.
error
Player Character

Re: Official .hack//SIGN 1st dvd

Post by error »

Ruby Red Rose wrote:Also...in the first episode, I noticed...when Tsukasa sees Maha (is that the official spelling?) at the treasure box, the subtitle says "Macha...?" ?!!?
Wow, you just officially revealed something that we were discussing in another topic.

Where did you see this? Was it a fansub or DVD? Oh and it's Maha.
[The Adventures of Dane and Chase] <- Click the linkie, I dare you.
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

... it's explained like this:

Maha's name in the English version is Macha.

The end.
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
Ruby Red Rose
Player Character

Post by Ruby Red Rose »

Rhyste wrote:Maha's name in the English version is Macha.
That's intersting...I thought it might be a typo, but that makes sense. :nods: Thanks for the info. ^_^
error wrote:Wow, you just officially revealed something that we were discussing in another topic.

Where did you see this? Was it a fansub or DVD? Oh and it's Maha.
I saw this in the official DVD...what other topic was it being discussed in? I can't find it mentioned in any of the .hack//SIGN threads? :?
Due to circumstances beyond your control, you are master of your fate and captain of your soul.
pastorbickley
Lowbie

Post by pastorbickley »

Since I haven't been able to find out much about the DVD I guess I'll ask those of you that bought it. Is it the complete series? What extras? Thanks!
sudra
Player Character

Post by sudra »

the DVD has episodes 1-5... for the complete listing of what's in it... visit The Official Site... it's in the Home Video Section... Login 01...
- Sudra Koder
"Those who only look forward, find death from behind." - Sudra
.hack//A*STAR
Lowbie

Post by .hack//A*STAR »

Quite cool! I wonder if it has the same dubb as CN, hope not, of course the original is the best. The Cartoon Network dubb is horrible. I also hate how they deleted the beginning and end :~( Rediculous!
sudra
Player Character

Post by sudra »

the dubs are the same, but the beginning and end are there...
- Sudra Koder
"Those who only look forward, find death from behind." - Sudra
.hack//A*STAR
Lowbie

Post by .hack//A*STAR »

Well that is a disapointment, they also gave Kite and Black Rose the same voices as Mimiru and tsukasa, well in the future games mimiru and tsukasa appear in the game....what voices then???
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

Mimiru and Tsukasa do not have the same voices as BlackRose and Kite, actually.

Kite's VA Mona Marshall, who replaced Cree Summers as the voice of Penny in the Inspector Gadget cartoon.

Tsukasa's VA is Brianne Siddal, who does the voice of Elk in the video game. I believe she was the one who played Shinji in the US dub of Evangelion, as well.

Amanda Winn Lee is the voice of Mimiru, a very well known American VA.

Wendy Lee is BlackRose, who also has many American anime titles under her belt.

Brianne will do the voice of Tsukasa in future games, Amanda Winn Lee will be Mimiru.

All of this information is available on the internet, by the way, in easy to locate sources. If you would like a (relatively) complete cast list, try

http://voices.fuzzy.com/
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

BAH! THAT is what was driving me nuts about Tsukasa's voice! AGGGHHH!! @.@;;; Okay... That's out of my system. Carry on. u.u
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

Morgana: Tsukasa. Get in the Phase.

Tsukasa: I musn't run away.. I musn't run away.. I musn't run away...

Aura: wai, ice cream.

Only Bear will get this, but it had to be said.
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

.........................................................................................

Even if Bear doesn't get it, you're SO dead! @.@;;;;;

.........and we've gone way off topic with this. ^-^;
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
.Hack//FREAK

Post by .Hack//FREAK »

Too bad, I have only seen .Hack//Dusk and would like to see .Hack//Sign (heard too many good reviews XD) but the DVD is €70,- which could be compared to $75,- :S
Dam importshops...
ah well, maybe it will be aired next year here
pastorbickley
Lowbie

Re: Official .hack//SIGN 1st dvd

Post by pastorbickley »

Ruby Red Rose wrote: Looking at the dvd case, I noticed what appear to be some keywords appear in the background of the art on the back of the dvd. Destroyer's, Greedy, Her (grouped together) and Sleepy, Voluptuous, Sinking (grouped together) and Hot Blooded, Great Seal, Remnant, Spiral (grouped together). Someone who has the game...can you go to these fields?
Has anyone checked out these fields yet? I just got the game so I haven't played that much yet :D