Whats Going to Happen to .hack//SIGN

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Grr, I know.

On a binder I carry pretty much EVERYWHERE with me, I have a Mia and Elk picture on the cover, and everyone, and I mean EVERYONE asks, "Oh, is that DBZ/Pokémon?"

e___e

Poor SIGN. I really do think it needs more attention than it already has.
Rubedo
Legend

Post by Rubedo »

You know, notoriety isn't always a good thing.
"That misty night, that dismal moon. The dead search for their kin.
While angels sing, in endless dark. The dead seek out sin."

"The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh"
wave master
Player Character

Post by wave master »

Well i heared that it was going to stay at the same time, only in adlut swim, but thats just a rumor... and what do you mean that 'dragon ball Z dos not have a plot' a big evil guy trys to take over the world and goku saves the day, some where along the line vageta dies, they bring him back with the dragon balls and the next saga starts...oh...thats why i don't watch it.

Hay! suncost sed SIGN was one of the top 10 anima of 2003! :P

I agree with rubedo, i love yu-gi-oh but now it's far to comershalistic.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchey and taste good with ketchup."
Emerick Belasco
Player Character

Post by Emerick Belasco »

I do think .hack//SIGN deserves more attention than it has gotten. Yet, can anyone really think of any network that would consider showing an animated drama series. Anime shown on television is either comedy or action with very few exceptions.
In addition, look at it from this perspective. Most likely when people first heard of a series set inside an MMORPG they had an expectation that it wasn't going to be a touching, emotional story, let alone dialogue based.
Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long long year, stole many a man's soul and faith.
ichi
Player Character

Post by ichi »

wave master wrote:I agree with rubedo, i love yu-gi-oh but now it's far to comershalistic.
That's why I hate pokemon now... Okay nobody heard that...

I think the reason why not a lot of people understand .hack//SIGN is one of many reasons, but I think I figured one out:

One of its main plots is a love story in disguise.

No biggie there, eh?
He's... ALIVE?
Robby-san
Player Character

Post by Robby-san »

i think i'll go with what one review said about .hack//SIGN "you ether love it or hate it to death" im pretty sure the people who hated it spoke up more than the ones who liked it. plus toonami fans are people wanting to watch DBZ and crap like that, they dont want to have to think....

toonami has a bad habbit of takeing the good shows off and keeping the bad ones. for example: Gundamn Wing was taken off right when it got popular (i'd been watching it for a long time anyways)
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Emerick Belasco wrote: Most likely when people first heard of a series set inside an MMORPG they had an expectation that it wasn't going to be a touching, emotional story, let alone dialogue based.
e_e Yep. Actually, I didn't even think it would think it would turn out as it did. I thought there'd be losta monster fighting and RPG-fuuuun and all the good stuff that makes an MMORPG... But at least I gave it a chance.

And it turned out gooooood.

Then again, it could be people just aren't used to this kind of plot. Even American movies have senceless violence, action-packed, special effects filled stuff. So a lot of kids, and even adults, are too used to that stuff to care about an actual plot nowadays...

... And I don't think too many people are used to thinking, either.
Emerick Belasco
Player Character

Sad but true. When I look at viewer reviews, not just about .hack//SIGN but other series as well. One common complaint is that there isn't enough action. And I cannot comprehend how someone can consider action to be such a crucial factor that it decides whether something is good or not. When I think of this I can't help but consider the recent story of The Excorcist prequel. The original director went for a less violent, more psychological horror movie. Yet, the studio didn't like the film that was made because it wasn't violent enough so they fired the original director, made cast and crew changes, and have done reshoots to satisfy that need.
Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long long year, stole many a man's soul and faith.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

mmm, no one seems to actually look deeper into things. They just see the surface; rather, what they want to see so they can make excuses for themselves. I'm not sure about all of you, but watching a show when 19 of the 20 minutes (commercials) are spent staring at each other and growling isn't quite that appealing. .hack//SIGN is more of a mature show, a nice representation of the fact that anime isn't all about mindless fighting and mecha. The problem is that younger audiances don't understand the show, and younger audiances count the most for a cartoon channel. Another problem is that people don't watch things through. I'll admit, once i started .hack//SIGN, i got tired of watching Tsukasa get all angsty. But i stayed and watched it out, and behold, Tsukasa's angst had meaning.
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Untitled40
Lowbie

woah woah!

Post by Untitled40 »

I really dont care if it isnt action packed, InuYasha will always make up for that!
I love //SIGN for all the drama!
and dosent //SIGN have an uncut version?
They might as well show that on Adult Swim Action if they are gonna take over ^ ^
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

SIGN has like, nothing to cut...
Untitled40
Lowbie

Post by Untitled40 »

woah!
Thats teh first anime I know that dosent have an uncut version?
*hey, Hello Kitty doesnt have an uncut version,does it?*
greensteeldragon
Player Character

Post by greensteeldragon »

thedudewhosadude wrote:mmm, no one seems to actually look deeper into things. They just see the surface; rather, what they want to see so they can make excuses for themselves. I'm not sure about all of you, but watching a show when 19 of the 20 minutes (commercials) are spent staring at each other and growling isn't quite that appealing. .hack//SIGN is more of a mature show, a nice representation of the fact that anime isn't all about mindless fighting and mecha. The problem is that younger audiances don't understand the show, and younger audiances count the most for a cartoon channel. Another problem is that people don't watch things through. I'll admit, once i started .hack//SIGN, i got tired of watching Tsukasa get all angsty. But i stayed and watched it out, and behold, Tsukasa's angst had meaning.
It's like the "Elphant Man" if any one saw that movie.
"I ALWAYS DRINK SAKE AT THE CHERRY BLOSSUM FESTIVAL! I DON'T CARE IF THE BUZZ ISN'T REAL--I CAN ROLE-PLAY BEING DRUNK!" -Balmung- dotHack//Legend of the Twilight
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Untitled40 wrote:woah!
Thats teh first anime I know that dosent have an uncut version?
*hey, Hello Kitty doesnt have an uncut version,does it?*
What I mean is, SIGN is pretty much appropriate for everyone. It's more of the deep plot and confusing stuff that makes it rated for an older audience. There's only around 3 "bad" words in the whole series (and they're not even that extreme anyway e.e), but other than that, there would be absolutely no reason to cut it.

Everything that's shown on CN is everything in the Japanese version. Thank god for that. The dialouge is pretty close to the Japanese version as well.
Emerick Belasco
Player Character

Wasn't there one edit though. In the first dvd there was a trailer for the games that showed Skeith holding a cross instead of the staff in the final release. Was this something that was edited out when it was translated, and wouldn't that hold true for Skeith's brief appearance in SIGN?