Future of dothack

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Xhacker
Legend

Future of dothack

Post by Xhacker »

I have a question. what's in it for the future of dothack? I know that the dothaack series has to end, but isn't there some type of greater evil that is wating to rise up after the end. Please tell me!
TheUltimateTwinBlade
Player Character

Post by TheUltimateTwinBlade »

theres still the mangas..
Mirielle-wait a minute... thats no ordinary shark,thats an extremely rare version!
Ouka-a super monster custom-made for this event!
Mirielle-I WANT IT I WANT IT
Ouka-FINALLY A WORTHY OPPONENT
"::gasp:: PEPPY did you grow..BOSOMS!?"-pepper anne
Tsukaru
Player Character

Post by Tsukaru »

But isnt it all going to end shortly? once the mangas are done? What if everyone started to like .hack and it got as big as yu gi oh? Then will they make something else?
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Well, Yu-Gi-Oh isn't that big...it started in 1996, but they brought it over here later. But anyway, all good things must end, or they become bad. It's like the Disney movies. The new fad is to revive old Disney flicks with the animation of a TV special, and put in new voice-overs that don't sound remotly like the past one. So, basically, .hack is just going to end.
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Tsukaru
Player Character

Post by Tsukaru »

But what Im saying, like what if it did get big? Dragon ball Z was suppose to be the final dragon ball series, but it got popular so they made Dragon Ball GT. Do ya think itll be like that?
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

Hey. I was wondering. Does anyboby know if dothack will come out for any other systems?
Bear
Mr. Flibble's Very Cross

Post by Bear »

Xhacker wrote:Hey. I was wondering. Does anyboby know if dothack will come out for any other systems?
Unlikely at best, I'm afraid.
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, hold on. Dothack can't just "end" like that. Usually (about 90% of the time) whan a cartoon (any type) ends, there is usually a greater evil or challenge that the hero has to face. Thus, it makes sequals in games, and new seasons on t.v. Take, for example, Final Fantasy. Why do you think that it has made so many games (with Final Fantasy VIII coming out later in the year)? Because of "advertising".
Last edited by Xhacker on Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cyral
Player Character

Post by Cyral »

It's over, They've finished .hack://Sign over there already, we've already finished all 4 games already, all that's pretty much left that's pretty much keeping it going, it's the manga. But other than that.. it's pretty much dead.
Chongara love info to help big guy understand .hack, eh?
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

I still don't believe it BECAUSE:
  1. A person would not let go of an anime/manga series without extending it if it made so much money.
  2. Fans (not just us) around the world would pressure the maker(s) in to extending it.
  3. I heard a rumor that since market values were so good with the dothack games last year, Sony was willing to produce a version of dothack for the PSP in the near future.
Junko
Player Character

Post by Junko »

In Japan isn't the manga over already? There are still novels coming out there, though and the keitai game still burns, and there are still likely dozens of promotional keywords that are hidden from us... :p

But yeah, what would be the point in any more, other than an anime or something based on the novels? ^^;
キー・オブ・ザ・トワイライトってなに?
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

1. That's an American viewpoint of such a series. Look at Cowboy Bebop. It ended. Orphen has an ending. X has an ending. Hameln has an ending. You name it, the series likely has an ending. Or more than one.

2. I think that while a lot of fans agree that they'd like a series to be continued, it's probably better for it to have an ending than just continue on forever and become more and more shallow. Either that, or that might just be a Japanese viewpoint... However, I would have to wonder about the people here that would believe in such a thing.

3. There are a lot of rumors on the PSP. Mind you, Sony isn't the one who'd be in charge of making a version of .hack for it. It's only their system that the game is released on. You'd have to convince Bandai for the rights and Cyberconnect to /make/ the game, afterall.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Tsukaru
Player Character

Post by Tsukaru »

Well what I am trying to say was the same thing happened to DBZ, and sorry for going off topic, BUT the manga was going to end right after the episode, "Goku is late again!?" or thats what I think its called, but in a year, the anime raised in money greatly, thus Cartoon Network comes in, and it is still pretty big. So Im sure if .hack goes big then they will make another game or whatever, because as the saying goes, "What the public wants, the public gets."
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

That's what people /do/ say and what people /do/ think. That's not always how the corporate response goes, though, mind you. I'm quite sure that Bandai said, in a press release, that they have no intention to make something else .hack. Bandai is a large company, and from the responses in the US compared to Japan, they made barely any, as the game wasn't /as big/ here as it was there. They also have other interests to pursue, as does Cyberconnect. Just because it's got a good response from its fans, doesn't mean that they'll take the time out of what they're currently working on to go back to something they ended.

DBZ is the best example of a 'series that's gone too long that it runs itself out'. I lost interest in the series long before its release in the US because, in the end, it was repetitive. It never did anything new and interesting past a certain point, as it had run out of it all the good ideas.

There are quite a few series on this thought. Of course, the anime industry also takes off with things and does them quite differently than the original manga of a series as well, as a note.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Tsukaru
Player Character

Post by Tsukaru »

Yeah that was a mistake. But generally, say yes or no if you think that if the series went really big, that they would make a sequal, or another game or what ever. Just say yes or no and then say why. Im curious to see who says yes and no