Emotions felt! Skeith being used?

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Deimos
Player Character

Post by Deimos »

Dry wrote:Basically, it seems to me like Harald DELIBERATELY set up Morganna to where she would eventually destabilize. He had to know about the tendencies of chaotic systems to even attempt to program something like wavering. Now, it's likely that Harald didn't anticipate just how spectacularly wrong Morganna would go, but I do think he programmed instability into Morganna on purpose...perhaps in an attempt to emulate the phase of rebellion that teenagers go through before they leave their parents.
That's possible. Perhaps the instability was intended to give Aura a reason to absorb Morganna. After all, a pure hearted, innocent little girl would hardly want to kill off her mother. If Harald did design Morganna with the intention of having her "malfunction," then he would likely realize that she would attempt to prevent Aura's birth and try to get rid of her. To ensure her survival, Aura would be forced to Data Drain Morganna and trigger her own birth as the Ultimate AI. Harald could have underestimated his programming skills, and thought that it would take Morganna longer to realize that Aura had to go than it actually did.

However, it's just as likely that Harald was simply blinded by his enthusiasm to preserve his love for Emma forever, and didn't realize the consequences his actions would have. Maybe he believed that Morganna would play the role of the devoted mother no matter how much she learned about negative emotions. Or, maybe he didn't think that Morganna would get intelligent enough to realize that Aura posed a threat to her continued existence. Harald doesn't say exactly how he screwed up, only that he failed. Either explanation is possible, I guess.
Gnosis
Lowbie

Post by Gnosis »

Ehm, this is still difficult.

May be Morganna Malfunction is an accident a.k.a doesn't want the rebirth of Aura, Virus spreading.
but the Twilight event is set by Harald.

I just believe this thought.

Deimos : the nummber 1 possibility would be down. Why? Epitaph of Twilight only gives 8 phases.
And, didn't Kuro no Hito says that Aura received humanity data from humans from Gold, Equiptment from the system a.ka Morganna?

Morganna than knows there is a depressed man a.k.a Tsukasa, then she links Tsukasa to Aura.
in hope, Aura would go bad. or Aura become deleted.

From this point I just think that Aura received Evil and good things from players. Not Phases
Nothing takes the past away, like the future
Nothing makes the darkness go, like the light
You're shelter from the storm
Give me comfort in your arm
CRtwenty
Legend

Post by CRtwenty »

Actually I think Tsukasa was responsible for the majority of her programming.... as he was directly connected to her for a very long time...
"Hark he of Fair eyes, I am CRtwenty of the Azure Keyboard!"
Deimos
Player Character

Post by Deimos »

Gnosis wrote:Deimos : the nummber 1 possibility would be down. Why? Epitaph of Twilight only gives 8 phases.
Yeah. Harald also wanted to preserve the memory of Emma by designing his game around her epic poem. There are only 8 Phases in the Epitaph, and Harald wouldn’t want to mess with Emma’s work by creating more. So, that pretty much disproves Dry’s first theory.
Gnosis wrote:From this point I just think that Aura received Evil and good things from players. Not Phases
The reason the Phases were created in the first place was to gather data on human emotions, and get that data to Aura. This is stated directly in the Liminality DVD. Here's the exact quote:
Phase 1 Skeith: The Terror of Death
This program was designed to collect data on human emotions and reactions to death. The information collected by all Phases was copied to the ultimate AI.
Gnosis
Lowbie

Post by Gnosis »

I know it.

So do you mean, Phases than replaced the function by the players?
Nothing takes the past away, like the future
Nothing makes the darkness go, like the light
You're shelter from the storm
Give me comfort in your arm
Deimos
Player Character

Post by Deimos »

Yeah, pretty much. I think Aura was supposed to get information from only the player she was connected to at first. Then once she wakes up, she gets the rest of the data she needs from the Phases through Morganna.