Virus Core Information

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Kogun791
Player Character

Virus Core Information

Post by Kogun791 »

After reading through the info on the Trismegistus DVD, I now have a theory that Morganna takes the cores from areas and fuses them with certain monsters.

Sorry if this is a problem.
Kingdom Hearts Retaliation Status:
Destiny Island 70% complete
Silent Phalanx Party 30% complete
Deimos
Player Character

Post by Deimos »

Yeah... sounds accurate.

The disk states that Morganna's malfunction caused widespread data corruption. In some areas, the corruption screwed up the field to the point where warping in became impossible. Morganna took certain pieces of the corrupted data (Virus Cores) and merged them with regular monsters to create Data Bugs. She probably did take the Cores from areas, because that's where most of the corrupt data would be. However, I don't think that the extraction of Virus Cores was what actually caused the areas to become corrupted and therefore protected. It sounds like she had to get them from places that were already messed up.
Dry
Lowbie

Post by Dry »

I recall it saying somewhere (probably the Liminality 4 Easter Egg again) that the Phases passing through areas also contributed to corruption. Would the same hold true for a Data Bug? I.e., just drop a Data Bug in an area and, given time, the entire area will turn into a (Protected) festering sinkhole of corruption?

...just a thought.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

La la la la la la la! Phase through field corruption: http://www.geocities.com/magicyellowsno ... acking.jpg That link also says that the virus cores can be used to repair a field, so I imagine that just a bugged moster wouldn't plunge a field into data-bad-ness.
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Deimos
Player Character

Post by Deimos »

Dry wrote:I recall it saying somewhere (probably the Liminality 4 Easter Egg again) that the Phases passing through areas also contributed to corruption. Would the same hold true for a Data Bug? I.e., just drop a Data Bug in an area and, given time, the entire area will turn into a (Protected) festering sinkhole of corruption?
If they can corrupt a field, it would take a very long time. There are several areas you can go to in the games that are chock full of Data Bugs, but are not protected. I think the corruption has more to do with the tremendous size of the Phases. The areas just can't handle something that big and remain stable, so they start to malfunction and become corrupted. Like what happened to Omega Server when Corbenik stayed too long, only on a smaller scale.
mvrckbass
Legend

Post by mvrckbass »

yeah it makes sense,

After Outbreak after u beat Gorre if u go to certain levels (that were corrupted BEFORE "The World" breaks apart in certain rooms there are "virus crystals" that contain virus cores. so i think the viruses affect certain environments and depending where and what it infects, The Field or the Monsters.