...Subaru's mini wings...

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Deimos
Player Character

Post by Deimos »

I think it's only illegal in the games. Player killing is definitely legal in SIGN, and I'm pretty sure it's OK in Legend of the Twilight also. Using certain skills on other players is possible then, at least.
En der
Legend

Post by En der »

what are you talking about? Remember when the crimsons knights were restraining people for player killing? The part where Soobaru disbanded the crimson knights? ((I'm not trying to sound mean or anything:)))
Deimos
Player Character

Post by Deimos »

I meant that it was possible. The Knights were trying to discourage people from player killing too much, but it was still a part of the game and users could do it if they wanted to. The administrators didn't go after anyone for it unless they abused the priviledge and got too disruptive.
En der
Legend

Post by En der »

(hmm... deimos, we seem to be answering each other's posts a lot...)
I see. So players were allowed to kill each other, but the crimson knights discouraged these acts because...?
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

En der wrote:(hmm... deimos, we seem to be answering each other's posts a lot...)
I see. So players were allowed to kill each other, but the crimson knights discouraged these acts because...?
You see... If there's no PK-ing, people wouldn't complain about abuse as much, from other players. They discouraged it, since people tend to use it as harassment, or take it that way.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
En der
Legend

Post by En der »

then why the hell is there pk-ing in the first place? There would be no crimson knights, everyone would be at a much higher lvl, there would be no harrasments...
*Insert line full of moral and wisdom*
(The name is ENDER!!!!)
Deimos
Player Character

Post by Deimos »

It adds another element to the game and makes things more interesting. Just battling monsters all the time would get boring for some, so they can fight other players if they want to do something new. It also gives people more options for role-playing and things like that.
FireDraconian
Legend

Post by FireDraconian »

Until it gets out of hand and they are forced to remove it in the next game update.
"A friend... or perhaps, a foe. A meddler with a warning." -Helba, .hack//Infection
Delta4

Post by Delta4 »

in the fourth or fith .hck//sign when subara gets attacked by that wanbe, do her wings get messed up?
take a penny leave penny
En der
Legend

Post by En der »

'scuse me, but that wasn't a wanabe. She kept complaining that she chose the "female heavy axeman look" a long time ago before it was popular.
(The name is ENDER!!!!)
mvrckbass
Legend

Post by mvrckbass »

yeah i do rember her saying that....

if i recall, her wings werent damaged at all
En der
Legend

Post by En der »

yes, that was very strange. Of course, it could be just another mistake made by the animators (i.e. weapon sizes)

(((I know this is a little off topic, but isn't it weird that not very many people log on dothack.info around the same time? I mean for cripes sakes, the most users we've ever had at one time is 25. Twenty-five!!! Ok, let's get back on track :oops: )))
(The name is ENDER!!!!)
mvrckbass
Legend

Post by mvrckbass »

i dont know how to explain my theory about how her wings werent damaged

it could simply be a animator mistake

or in order to mess up the wings u need to PK the character or sumthing (since the wings are in her back)

how did the "time" in the field she was attacked in go from day to night anyhow?
En der
Legend

Post by En der »

maybe Subara (the real one) ran out of the room in distress and left the computer on. She could've started playing again at night after she calmed down a bit.
(The name is ENDER!!!!)
FireDraconian
Legend

Post by FireDraconian »

Well, in most MMORPG, time isn't based on reality. I mean, in FFXI, a 'day' is, what? An hour?

And, again, remember it's a game. If the wings are a rare thing, there might not be graphics for it getting 'messed up'.
"A friend... or perhaps, a foe. A meddler with a warning." -Helba, .hack//Infection