Regarding hotaru's gender

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Jejune
Lowbie

Post by Jejune »

Junko wrote:Whether or not you consider the drama cannonical or not should probably be decided after you hear it, anyways... It's possible it ties into the manga more than the anime, or vice versa...[/url]
Er... I *have* heard the drama. That's how I know what happened in it. ^^;

And I wasn't stating that the drama absolutely could not have been canon, just that I'm skeptical since most sound dramas I've heard have been more like parodies or AU retellings of the stories they're based on. That's all - maybe I should have stressed more strongly that that was just an opinion.

(And just on a side note, I do agree with you about that site - I've always found it to be very reliable.)
Junko
Player Character

Post by Junko »

Jejune wrote:Er... I *have* heard the drama. That's how I know what happened in it. ^^;

And I wasn't stating that the drama absolutely could not have been canon, just that I'm skeptical since most sound dramas I've heard have been more like parodies or AU retellings of the stories they're based on. That's all - maybe I should have stressed more strongly that that was just an opinion.

(And just on a side note, I do agree with you about that site - I've always found it to be very reliable.)
Oh, I see. Well, I don't know why I didn't say this specifically, but I though that because it's part of Integration it might be cannonical. Well, as cannonical as Unison... I dunno... ^^;;;;
キー・オブ・ザ・トワイライトってなに?
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

1st, that drama is based on the anime, because Sanjuro is there. 2nd, Analsis is official, and it's stated there that hotaru is female. And for hotaru's PC gender, if shuugo thinks that hotaru is female in the real world, it must b because her pc is a fmale one, right? ^^;; my conclusion is that hotaru = male is anime only, and the data shown in analysis is based on the manga, which is the original story ^^
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Junko
Player Character

Post by Junko »

Brad_Evans wrote:1st, that drama is based on the anime, because Sanjuro is there. 2nd, Analsis is official, and it's stated there that hotaru is female. And for hotaru's PC gender, if shuugo thinks that hotaru is female in the real world, it must b because her pc is a fmale one, right? ^^;; my conclusion is that hotaru = male is anime only, and the data shown in analysis is based on the manga, which is the original story ^^
Wait, so Analysis says nothing about HOTARU irl?
キー・オブ・ザ・トワイライトってなに?
Apricot

Post by Apricot »

Here's two pics of IRL Hotaru from the third manga...I think it looks kinda like a guy, but I don't know if anything's actually said about the gender. (Assuming that this one's Hotaru, that is. But with the Puchiguso merchandise I don't see who else it would be..though why Hotaru'd have a picture of Sora is beyond my understanding.)

http://img26.photobucket.com/albums/v78 ... otaru2.jpg

http://img26.photobucket.com/albums/v78 ... n00001.jpg
Last edited by Apricot on Sun May 02, 2004 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Well, can't say I know too many guys who would wear long bangs and a ponytail like so...

Looks like a girl to me.
jsears

Post by jsears »

From The Helba Gate

An American girl logging into the Japanese server. She apparently is trying to learn to speak Japanese.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

a picture of sora? Where? Oo! Matching Gorre keychains!
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Cyral
Player Character

Post by Cyral »

I knew it, she's a girl!

Hahahahaha!!!

Oh wait... Her character model is based on Tsukasa.. that means......

(Cyral starts talking other things)
Chongara love info to help big guy understand .hack, eh?
Junko
Player Character

Post by Junko »

That site says Hotru's a girl because that is the logical conclusion you come to with something that looks like a girl, not because it heard it specifically somewhere. It's based solely on the info in the first two manga and nothing else.
And as for the picture, I think it looks like a pretty guy just like I heard described... Hotaru the PC looks guy-like enough too... If only someone could post an actual source that says something... ^^;;
キー・オブ・ザ・トワイライトってなに?
YashaOokami
Legend

Post by YashaOokami »

Well Hotaru coming from the American server is no surprise to me.
I think she hints that in the DUSK anime when talking to Sanjuro.
"True strength comes with time..through presistent training!!"-Ouka,Vol. 2
Junko
Player Character

Post by Junko »

YashaOokami wrote:Well Hotaru coming from the American server is no surprise to me.
I think she hints that in the DUSK anime when talking to Sanjuro.
Yeah, though I think that fact has been known for a very long time. In the Japanese version, his name is "HOTARU" (A Japanese name oddly written in Roman characters), which itself gives some foreshadowing to that fact...
キー・オブ・ザ・トワイライトってなに?
Kutsurabi
Lowbie

Post by Kutsurabi »

Haku from Naruto looks like a girl and he has his toenails painted too!
Duskino wrote:Well, can't say I know too many guys who would wear long bangs and a ponytail like so...

Looks like a girl to me.
yes i shurely think hotaru is a girl.
I am here trapped among many players but for me i do not play... I live....
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

Junko wrote:
YashaOokami wrote: Yeah, though I think that fact has been known for a very long time. In the Japanese version, his name is "HOTARU" (A Japanese name oddly written in Roman characters), which itself gives some foreshadowing to that fact...
hue? where is that stated? ^^;;

that real world image looks like a girl to me, but well, Analysis said that IRL hotaru is female.
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

*is horribly confuzzled* So...have we come to a conclusion? I admit, I always thought of Hotaru as a girl myself...I just don't see an American male acting the way she does.

But, I can't back that up. >_<
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.