Just a Poll...

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.

Have you seen the entire .hack//SIGN serries?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 24

Nanaki Tsukasa Mikage
Player Character

Post by Nanaki Tsukasa Mikage »

Saw it all subbed, and all that's been on CN, though it was hard.

Some dubs do, in fact pain me to listen to. But my cousin bought up a good point that some [not all, don't wanna offend anyone here ^^;] people don't know Japanese, so how can some people say that a voice is good for a character in English, or more so, that they don't put enough emotion into it, when some people don't actually know Japanese dialouge and stuff. Or if a voice is good enough for a character.

I suppose it's how you see it first, or what you like more. Because some people I know who watch dubs say they get used to them because they heard it in English first, so they don't like the Japanese, and vice versa. And then the fact of how much you like something.

^_^ Some anime with bad dubbing I've seen I don't care too much about, because I'm not into the anime. But ones that I absolutely adore [Ayashi No Ceres] I get very picky on how I think English voices can be portrayed. So I mostly end up not liking it.

And then how some people complain that they re-use the same English voice actors, but if you look around you see a lot of Japanese seiyuu in lot's of different anime. [Not that that's bad, some have good voices that can fit lots of characters!]

I don't like Tsukasa's voice too much, and to me they made Mimiru a bit annoying-sounding. It matters how much I like a character to worry about how they sound in both languages personally. If I hate them they don't matter much to me. XD

Now I'm babbling. :P So I flee, WEEEEE
http://ayashinoceres.proboards15.com/ =X AnC fans, join. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE LMFAO
Zippy Zion
Player Character

Post by Zippy Zion »

Babeling is ok ^_^

As for the siggy you have.. i love that song ^_^

Anywho... if anyone wants the whole serries subbed I have it.. just contact me and i'll see how I can get it to you... but it migh cost some money... like in CDs or shipping.. shouldn't be too much
ChronoKite
Lowbie

Does anyone know...

Post by ChronoKite »

Does anyone know which group does the best fansub translations on all the episodes? I downloaded some different versions of eps I've had for a long time, and realized that if you are depending on the fansub to understand part of the stories, the translation actually can affect it!!! :shock:
Puhi Puhi puhiiiiii!!!!
Kaiden
Lowbie

Post by Kaiden »

Right,... I want to know that too...please tell us ^_^ thank you
Guess it's elite-fansubs... but they stopped the Project.
www.elite-fansubs.com(click here to get there) wrote:Bandai has licensed this series, please support this anime by buying the DVDs!!
MithrilKatanaX
Player Character

Post by MithrilKatanaX »

i really dont know, i have some from elite fansubs, some from ani-kraze. soem from AKU fansubs, and some from UTA fansubs... they seem to flow ok... i dunno though...
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

I agree with Kaiden on this. If you don't support the US anime distributors, they won't get any money to distribute more anime in the US. You're only hurting your fandom by offering fansubs when something has been released stateside.

And one more thing. Don't offer fansubs on this board. That is in the announcements as an official rule for that very reason.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
MithrilKatanaX
Player Character

Post by MithrilKatanaX »

WOOHOO!!! i watched 17 - 26 today before work, im all done! YAY! the ending was a little unfulfilling to me, i expected a little more... but it was good
Zippy Zion
Player Character

Post by Zippy Zion »

Sorry bout that Tsukasa^_^;;;

I'm really quite the idiot at times... but I'm usually no trouble...
Katryne Himegimi
Lowbie

Post by Katryne Himegimi »

I've seen 'em all Fansubbed. Sure the graphics arn't the greatest, but it's still alright. If it wasn't for the fansubs, I wouldn't know anything about this anime. And, I keep forgetting to watch all of the Dubbed episodes ^^' I've seen like 2 or 3 maybe.
Evil... thy name is Kimmy.
Furik
Player Character

Post by Furik »

I've seen all of .hack//SIGN fansubbed also. I never seen the dub yet but i've heard nothing but 'horrible'. :\ So, I am afraid to watch it. And I dunno when it's on ^-^
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

It's gotten good reviews on my end. If you hate all dubs, of course you're not going to like it, as you're biased at any rate. However, I have enjoyed what I've seen of it, and I think they've done a very good job with it. I, for one, am impressed.

But to each their own.