Official .hack//SIGN 1st dvd

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

The sets you're finding on ebay are most likely Hong Kong bootlegs. They are not getting any money to the creation staff, just so you know. If the series is being released here, I'd highly recommend buying the official DVDs over the HK ones. They're cheap, can cause problems with your DVD drives, horribly translated, and more often than not, digital DVDs of the eps taped from television, when you'll get crisp and accurate work with the official releases.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
pastorbickley
Lowbie

Post by pastorbickley »

Other than the bad translation I haven't had any problems. The quality is very good, and I checked amazon.jp before I bought mine to make sure it was the "official" version and it's the same one that they sell on amazon; same box, discs, etc. Like I said the translation is bad, but that tends to be a common thing. I bought a copy of Final Fantasy: Unlimited and it's the same way. Great quality, but poor translation.
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

Don't forget, when you buy bootlegs, the anime companies lose money and you're basically kicking them in the foot :/
Ruby Red Rose
Player Character

Post by Ruby Red Rose »

Gandalf: .hack//Infection is a game released on the PS2. .hack//SIGN is a TV show, released on dvd. :)
Due to circumstances beyond your control, you are master of your fate and captain of your soul.
Terra
Player Character

Post by Terra »

not to meantion, arn't they illigal ?
Terra Queen of Chaos, D., and Destruction
Plusie Queen
Admin of Realm of Chaos
Ruby Red Rose
Player Character

Post by Ruby Red Rose »

I think so. If they're not, they should be...they're making money off something, and not giving anything to the creators. Ug. That annoys me. I watch fansubbs...but I buy the official version when it becomes available. It's hard enough getting anime...why would you want to discourage the companies that import it by not paying for it?! :x
Due to circumstances beyond your control, you are master of your fate and captain of your soul.
Terra
Player Character

Post by Terra »

Ruby Red Rose wrote:I think so. If they're not, they should be...they're making money off something, and not giving anything to the creators. Ug. That annoys me. I watch fansubbs...but I buy the official version when it becomes available. It's hard enough getting anime...why would you want to discourage the companies that import it by not paying for it?! :x
that's y i say it would be illigal, it's the same has stealing, if i got a game and made copys of it and sold it i would be in direct voilation of copyright laws (and i'd never do that)

and has for games u can only make additional copyes for personal use only, has far has i know it's the same for videos
Terra Queen of Chaos, D., and Destruction
Plusie Queen
Admin of Realm of Chaos
Ruby Red Rose
Player Character

Post by Ruby Red Rose »

I'm pretty sure that's the case. And while making copies and giving them away is illegal too, I think...I don't see a problem with it, if it is not available in any other format.

-- B U T --

If it is available, I want whoever made it to get something out of their hard work. Otherwise, how can I expect them to make more of the stuff I love? (capitalism at it's best here, folks!)
. H A C K // S O R A
Player Character

Post by . H A C K // S O R A »

Quick Question about the Dub of .hack//sign is the voice of krim the same as the english voice of vash off of trigun? i from the japanese version krim sounds almost idenicle to Vash the stampeed from trigun. same voice i swere? am i crazy or is it the same va? just wondering.
YashaOokami
Legend

Post by YashaOokami »

Actually..the voice actor who does the voice for Krim in the dub,is the same one who does the voice acting for Sanosuke from Rurouni Kenshin.
To me,Vash and Krim do not sound a like.One is more at a bit mild tone,while the other is more deep.
"True strength comes with time..through presistent training!!"-Ouka,Vol. 2