.hack//dusk picture wanted T_T

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Super Cindy
Lowbie

.hack//dusk picture wanted T_T

Post by Super Cindy »

I've recently discovered a Japanese bookstore a couple of miles away, and they have shelves and shelves worth of orignal manga. Just like every other bookstore, they position their books so that only the spine is showing. I can't read a word of Japanese at all, and considering the whole store is Japanese, .. I can't understand any of it. I was there yesterday, and I spent a looong time pulling books in and out because I didn't know what the spine of .hack looked like.

So, if any of you could post a picture of the spine of .hack//dusk, it'd be greatly appreciated.

And just in case some of you forgot what a spine was, or maybe I even have the wrong name for it, here's a picture(And because I have too much time on my hands and want to show off my Fruits Basket I got<3).

=D
Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

Yeah, so essentially you just discovered you live in California. See, if you live in Texas, you have to deal with having only one anime store with outrageous prices. There is no such thing as a Japanese bookstore. And that pisses me off.

Incidentally, .hack has a pretty big ".hack" on the spine. You should have been able to see it if they had it.
Zippy Zion
Player Character

Post by Zippy Zion »

You all at least can find anime.

In Maine we have the local suncoast... thats it... no more...

kinda sux here...
Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

Yeah, the further you are from the west coast... There are reasons I'm looking at colleges on the West Coast after all...
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

See, if you live in Texas, you have to deal with having only one anime store with outrageous prices.
::cough Suncoast cough:: Yeesh, I feel your pain. I mean, you'd expect a big city like Houston to have at least one decent anime store with decent prices. Ain't got any of that here >P Much less a Japanese bookstore.
Super Cindy
Lowbie

Post by Super Cindy »

Yeah, so essentially you just discovered you live in California. See, if you live in Texas, you have to deal with having only one anime store with outrageous prices. There is no such thing as a Japanese bookstore. And that pisses me off.

Incidentally, .hack has a pretty big ".hack" on the spine. You should have been able to see it if they had it.
.. Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. =D The anime store I usually go to is overpriced and everything is behind a long counter. I'm sure if I knew how to drive then I would have discovered the bookstore months ago, but well, I can't drive. @_@

Oh, and thanks! I was looking for the .hack symbol on all the spines, but I guess there was just so much manga I didn't even think of them not having it. =P
Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

Duskino wrote:
See, if you live in Texas, you have to deal with having only one anime store with outrageous prices.
::cough Suncoast cough:: Yeesh, I feel your pain. I mean, you'd expect a big city like Houston to have at least one decent anime store with decent prices. Ain't got any of that here >P Much less a Japanese bookstore.
No, I mean Planet Anime. who likes to rip people off on all the good manga (read: Evangelion, Mahoromatic, Azumanga Daioh, etc.)
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Oh... Well, the only *good* place to buy anything anime here is our mall, which a LOT of the stores there have anime stuff, but at a crapped-up price. -.-;
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

If you possibley tried looking up the kana/kanji for it online, I'm sure you'd have no prob finding it.... but finding it online would be pretty difficult too I'm guessing ._.;
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Elk_capsule_figure wrote:If you possibley tried looking up the kana/kanji for it online, I'm sure you'd have no prob finding it.... but finding it online would be pretty difficult too I'm guessing ._.;
Please read the entire post before responding. This has already been answered by Pipian- .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu has '.hack' written on the spine of it, as well as the title. It should be fairly obvious as to which it is.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

._. I feel so dumb. I'm really sorry. :(
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

Maybe you can order from japanese bookstores if you give them the ISBN. It's not like Udeden's gonna be a quick order, tho ^^;; it's been 6-7 months since I orderen Udeden manga #1 from a japanese bookstore >.<
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Nebu
Player Character

Post by Nebu »

You can get it in English...
Furik
Player Character

Post by Furik »

Pipian wrote:Yeah, so essentially you just discovered you live in California. See, if you live in Texas, you have to deal with having only one anime store with outrageous prices. There is no such thing as a Japanese bookstore. And that pisses me off.
So true. Try living in Ohio.
Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

Depends on where. If it's Cincinnati or Cleveland, I would imagine there would be a store or two. Columbus, maybe. Probably whatever city is closest to Ohio State has *ONE* that handles at least English Graphic Novels (I speak of personal experience with the CMU campus and Phantom of the Attic, which has English GNs at least, but that's pretty much it.)