How old is Everyone?

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Bear
Mr. Flibble's Very Cross

Post by Bear »

Sora wrote:Boy I'm gonna get smited later ._.;
Later? >_>#
Last edited by Bear on Fri May 02, 2003 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ara
Player Character

Post by ara »

I'm 14, I've been a anime fan for about five years. I don't remember. I'll be 15 in the fall.
ichi
Player Character

Post by ichi »

On the idea that anime is for all ages: not for VERY young children- too much violence for them. Stick to sesame street, little ones!
He's... ALIVE?
Tasogare
Lowbie

Post by Tasogare »

I'm 23 (am I the oldest person here?), and I've been an anime fan since I was 18.
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

On the idea that anime is for all ages: not for VERY young children- too much violence for them. Stick to sesame street, little ones!
I think that's the idea that most Americans seem to have regarding anime. Perhaps not for what most people want American children to grow up with, but what do you think Japanese children watch? >_>;

Anime isn't even a solid genre, as it's so differing and diverse. It's a major, major industry in Japan, and not nearly so much in America, where animation is still mostly considered 'for children'.

Which is why, when shows made for children in Japan are brought over, it's 'too violent' for our kids. Maybe they're too sheltered? From what I've seen (and experienced), I'd say that's true. America's youth is different from Japanese youth. Then again, the idea of Japan is that they can raise the children to adults as quickly as possible. Childishness is not approved of, for the most part, whereas in America, innocence is meant to be preserved.. though it's done so in an entirely ineffectual manner, in my opinion.

And that was one heck of a tangent >.o
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Balmung sama wrote:I'm 23 (am I the oldest person here?), and I've been an anime fan since I was 18.
Nah. I'm older than you, and our other resident Brit is as well. ^_^ So is Kite.

I'm 24, and I've actually been into anime for a whopping 12 years now. @.@;;;
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
. H A C K // S O R A
Player Character

Post by . H A C K // S O R A »

21 here. watched TGIS in the theature when it was released back in 1995 (i was 13 back then) watched Vampire hunter D and akira when i was 7. i always loved anime. but... ya. i liked star trek a little before anime. thought it would do well as an anime. ever notice how some shows like buffey almost seem as if they where basid off of an anime?
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

I'm 15, & I've been watching anime since i was 5.
lightshadow4610
Player Character

Post by lightshadow4610 »

I'm 15 almost 16 (YAY! finally I can get a job besides cutting grass :D !) And sora is right, the majority of people just don't want to accept anime as an all ages category. Here kids are beat up if they say they like it out loud because people think its for three year olds. Come on America! Open your eyes!
im lost, can i go home with you?
kirby dances with joy n.n
<("<) <( '' )> (>")>
*funky music*
YAY! i broke 100 ^_^
Invisible Egg!
Legend

Post by Invisible Egg! »

Well, I'll be turning 21 next month. Maybe Balmung sama and Tsukasa can take me out for drinks? :roll:

Except Texas, England, and Florida aren't exactly close together. Oh well. :cry:
LimeyBrit
Lowbie

Post by LimeyBrit »

Tsukasa wrote:Nah. I'm older than you, and our other resident Brit is as well. ^_^ So is Kite.

I'm 24, and I've actually been into anime for a whopping 12 years now. @.@;;;
Ok, ok - since my oldometer is reading 30-something, I suspect that might make me the official forum old fogey.... n.n

I've been into anime since first catching the occasional episode that Channel 4 in the UK started showing in the early hours of Sunday mornings, back around '95 or '96.
error
Player Character

Post by error »

I turned 18 5 hours and 20 mins ago.

I've been into Anime since they were showing some of the movies on Sci-Fi channel. (IE Tenchi the Movie). Now i'm a fulltime Anime and Manga nut.
[The Adventures of Dane and Chase] <- Click the linkie, I dare you.
Prokonsul Piotrus

Post by Prokonsul Piotrus »

23. After reading the first page I started to feel old... :)
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind."
- Rudyard Kipling
Rubedo
Legend

Post by Rubedo »

Prokonsul Piotrus wrote:23. After reading the first page I started to feel old... :)

Heh heh..yeah, me too. ^^
"That misty night, that dismal moon. The dead search for their kin.
While angels sing, in endless dark. The dead seek out sin."

"The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh"
Ryo Ikari
Player Character

Post by Ryo Ikari »

16 now. will be 17 on june 3.i think i been into anime for 5 years
Mans gradeds fear is man it self
or the fear of others coming close
to their feeling.