Games coming for other consoles?

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
KidGenki
Player Character

Games coming for other consoles?

Post by KidGenki »

Hey does any one know if they are coming out with a .Hack game for the gamecube ,thats where most animes should go to sense its Nintindo but realy is there one coming?

[Edit: Tsukasa- BTW... If you're starting another topic, make it a new topic.]
" Im not saying
goodbye or hiding from the World im just saying screw it..."
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

No. The .hack games are Sony exclusive, if my memory serves me correctly. I believe that CyberConnect 2 has a special contract to produce games for the Playstation and Playstation 2, and... since they're the company making the games for the series.... well.... *shrugs* We'll have to see 'bout if they bring anything for other systems.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
SaberWolf
Player Character

Post by SaberWolf »

Perhaps they won't at first, but maybe they will, if the damand for the game to be multi-console compatable arises. It's happened before.
runs wit scissors
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Not if the company has a sole contract and is liscened to work with a certain console. That can only happen if the company is willing to hand it off for another party to convert it to that console.

See Falcom for example.

Falcom writes games for PC only. Then why did the NES get Xanadu in 85? Because A third party stepped in to bring it to the NES.

Wanderers from Ys, better known as Ys III in Japan, was released for PC, but Sammy brought it out for the SNES.

The only way this can be done, though, is if the creating company is WILLING to let it happen. There are a lot of factors in this. The general public isn't just one of them. It all just depends on who CC2 has this contract made with and who Bandai has it made with. If Bandai had full intention of it going multiplatform, then perhaps they should've gone to a company that intends to do it as such.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

This was posted by SaberWolf in the other topic while I was splitting it away:

Well, some contracts are made where a third party CAN step in and convert the game, but only after a certain time limit so the producer who got to the contract first can make a tidy profit. But it's the game designers/creators who ultimatly win. YOu get a third party and that's more money for them.
(tho I'm saying all of this from a limited education on corporate politics)

=========================

As for contacts, a third party can only do that IF they get the permission of the creators. - That's exactly what I was saying the first time. If not, that's called piracy. Or plagerism. Take your pick.
Diamond

Post by Diamond »

Does anyone know if they are coming out with a game o xbox? I know there coming out with one on ps2.
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

It's like I said in earlier reply. Doubtful for it to come to other systems, because Cyberconnect2 works specifically for Sony.
Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

Now... If they ever made "The World" as a stand-alone MMORPG, I would hope they make a PC version... Particularly Linux.
Terra
Player Character

Post by Terra »

now that i would like
sudra
Player Character

Post by sudra »

i doubt they'd be able to make it as realistic as in the series though... the virtual reality system is hard to build... and even harder for a computer to run...
- Sudra Koder
"Those who only look forward, find death from behind." - Sudra
Terra
Player Character

Post by Terra »

true, true, i'm just glad i wouldn't have to make it ;)
error
Player Character

Post by error »

I think Bandai is partners with Sony.
[The Adventures of Dane and Chase] <- Click the linkie, I dare you.
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

If I recall correctly, .hack is Sony exclusive, which means it won't be ported to the GameCube or the Xbox at all.

Also, Sony is making technology that is likely to be used for Bandai's games, possibly for .hack (those goggles.. hmm..)

And as far as making the games as immersive as they're supposed to be, it could very well happen in the future n.n since .hack takes place in the later 200x years, we can assume they've had a few years from where we are now to make the technology better, so it's quite possible, you know n___n

Spooky~
error
Player Character

Post by error »

Ever since I first started watching .hack, I was just like "why are they so involved in a game!?". Then I got the game and my feelings were even worse "If this is how it is for them, I don't know why they cared so much". Then it came to me, the googles made it all to real. That's why I think everything is the way it is, because of the googles.
[The Adventures of Dane and Chase] <- Click the linkie, I dare you.
Asmaria
Player Character

Post by Asmaria »

A lot of people do like games like that even without the bonus of an immersive enviroment. But I'm sure that if we're lucky enough to get it all then lots more people will be playing as well. n_n
Durhi - Retarded puchiguso