Is .Hack really happening?

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Fung
Lowbie

Is .Hack really happening?

Post by Fung »

Isn't it curious that .hack's story line is about a spreading virus that may be "killing" (como) players.
And right now a virus (SARS) is spreading and it may kill people.

Maby the story does exist. :shock:
Know that you know nothing that needs to be known. Other than how to tie your shoe laces. Without this knowledge you would fall on your face.
Krono
Legend

Post by Krono »

... ok... but uh... ... no...

there isn't a "the world" game... or any game that they've found a connection to having done that... and the symptoms of sars are waaaaaay different from those of a coma.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

nah, .hack's been around the world for a while, and SARS was only recently discovered (several months)
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Pin
Player Character

Post by Pin »

Unless everyone who got pwned by Skieth had coincidentially had their goggles infected with herpes, I highly doubt their comas were caused by viruses.

...considering the fact that comas aren't caused by viruses anyway, the point is moot.

This thread has successfully made me cry.
Invisible Egg!
Legend

Post by Invisible Egg! »

computer virus: A computer program that is designed to replicate itself by copying itself into the other programs stored in a computer. It may be benign or have a negative effect, such as causing a program to operate incorrectly or corrupting a computer's memory.

SARS: Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome

I think that settles that.
ichi
Player Character

Post by ichi »

Invisible Egg! wrote:computer virus: A computer program that is designed to replicate itself by copying itself into the other programs stored in a computer. It may be benign or have a negative effect, such as causing a program to operate incorrectly or corrupting a computer's memory.

SARS: Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome

I think that settles that.
Well put. Term has been settled. Really, no need for further discussion. *Creates SARS computer virus* JKJKJK!!! Eheheh... I don't know how anywho... :lol: :wink:
He's... ALIVE?
Fung
Lowbie

Post by Fung »

I don't think you get what I mean. I seem to think on an entirely different wave length then most people do. . I realize things that many cannot see. I did not mention anything about "the world" but Earth. Like .hack, SARS has traveled around the world and it started in Asia. It can be potentially dangerous like the "virus". Just please think about it a little more.
Know that you know nothing that needs to be known. Other than how to tie your shoe laces. Without this knowledge you would fall on your face.
Furik
Player Character

Post by Furik »

All I can see is about .hack happening could be the timeline in the near future.
Krono
Legend

Post by Krono »

lol! you're saying that the dot hack series, the way it spread so popularly, is like sars?? now I get it... well, can't really argue with that... you know any canadians that play tho? eh... (that is really fun to say!)
Invisible Egg!
Legend

Post by Invisible Egg! »

I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your post, Fung.

You're right, there are similarities between .hack and SARS.

But they're just a coincidence.
Fung
Lowbie

Post by Fung »

WHO KNOWS?! :cry:
KiteShugo
Player Character

Post by KiteShugo »

maybe I don't quite understand but doesn't .hack take place in 2010...?

-The Hero of Legend resurrected-
Invisible Egg!
Legend

Post by Invisible Egg! »

If .hack was really happening, then the outbreak of the Hello WNC computer virus would have just occured last month. I don't remember hearing anything about it.

I guess we'll all have to wait 7 months and see if anyone dies from the Deadly Flash virus.
Oh No Melon!
Player Character

Post by Oh No Melon! »

Fung made a very thought provoking post. It very well could be true.

I recently went to Chinatown during Anime Boston and I contracted some sort of... virus. Sore throat, watery eyes, the sniffles and lots of coughing. Tossing and turning all night long. It was horrible. Once I came home I went online and logged on to that wonder called AIM. Now, I can't log off...

True story.

Is .hack happening right now in our world?

Perhaps, follow my story...

.hack//FATLOADOFBS

I fear when my 56K cuts out on me...
As one the collective unifies
emanate a faithless shine
forever creation has conceived
birth of destruction spreads its wings
chaotic rebirth a new domain
relive the sight the sound the pain
erotic the taste of agony
adorn the scars in inhumanity
aura_Key_of_the_twilight
Player Character

Post by aura_Key_of_the_twilight »

you never know what the future holds. SARS could be PLuto's Kiss =p. Ok maybe i'm over exagerating, but you never know what the future holds. I think that if Bandai Releases the world as a game, watch out people <<>>.
"For sure..for sure I can return.