Speculation : Ultimate Quest

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Rune Grey
Player Character

Speculation : Ultimate Quest

Post by Rune Grey »

Alright, we know that there is this quest, see? And its really hard to clear, see? And you get all of this neat stuff, see? Like Balmung and those floofy floofy wings that everyone seems to think are so neat... and do seem to be useful for getting around, as well.

Are there other people who've gotten prizes from there as well? Its odd that most Heavy Axes have wings, but Terashima Ryoko has a rather large set of wings herself, as well as the much more exhalted character design.

So how many of these odd designs are the rewards of quests, and how many are the result of random games and such? Blackrose is obviously level 1, but does that mean she got very lucky right off, or did she have another character beforehand she won the design off of?

Multiple characters - yet another level of confusion...
Cha.

~Perpetual Thorn of Logic and Reason~
Gearhead
Player Character

Post by Gearhead »

Another rather obvious quest bonus is probably Ouka's character race.

From what I've heard, though, the wings are a quest item.
~ Resident Voodoo Techie ~
Jetfire99
Player Character

Post by Jetfire99 »

Interesting thought, be ironic if certainc characters who we thought dropped under the radar just picked up new characters. Its something to think about thought. Think very much about yes. Now as forthe quest items? Who knows look at the Scarlet Knights did Ginkan/Siliver Knight just get his own desgin by being the second in command or did he do something to earn that desgin that made him more noticeable than the other knights?
As the Rain falls...
I close my eyes...
And dream of rings...
spinning in the darkness....

-An unknown Hunter
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

As the Scarlet Knights are 'officially sanctioned' as a group to assist with moderation, it's likely something given to him just for that purpose, like the specific character design of the knights.

I think. o.o It's late @@;
Ohseki Ayu
Player Character

Post by Ohseki Ayu »

It's possible, as far as new character designs go, that CC Company offered contests to the general public rather than to those playing The World to hook in new players (as if they really need it, but it doesn't sound like something they wouldn't do). After all, Shuugo had never played the game, and he won Kite's design anyway, right? True, Rena entered him in his place, but he still had no character or anything already present in The World. (This is anime-wise, of course. As I recall, in the manga, Shuugo logged in under Rena's name and took Kite, and Rena was given Blackrose as a consolation prize when CC found out, right?)

As for Ouka and the werewolf class, seeing how powerful she is, perhaps in that case players were allowed to port stats over from an old character into a character with a new design? Or perhaps it was it's the same character, just a different design given. That could have been some kind of contest, too. It seems odd that she'd be so powerful if she only recently got her werewolf-class character, after all--or so my thinking goes.
Because the Emerald Green is in the hand that plucked flowers,
It changes its appearance to the sky, wind, earth
~ T H E : E T E R N A L : M I N D ~ [http://theeternalmind.sterlingsylver.net/]
Gearhead
Player Character

Post by Gearhead »

It's possible that her stats were imported.. or, she could have simply been transformed into a werewolf at the end of the quest. Perhaps the real meat of this speculation lies in why she was stuck i wolf form when Shugo fits encounters her.
Rune Grey
Player Character

Post by Rune Grey »

This is, of course, assuming that Ouka isn't something really, really odd. Its quite possible after all that she and Balmung have some sort of understanding - after all, CC Company wasn't allowing ANY furryish sorts of characters back in the SIGN era...

Could this also be a hacker that Balmung KNOWS? After all, we know of at least one who likes somewhat revealing outfits and has a teasing sense of humor.

And she found out about the Twilight REAL QUICK last time...
Cha.

~Perpetual Thorn of Logic and Reason~
Gearhead
Player Character

Post by Gearhead »

Hahahha...

Perhaps.. perhaps... Though Ouka doesn't seem, at least at this point, to have a great concern with the underpinnings of the game beyond savagely beating on powerful MOBs. Not to mention she seems to have a reputation in tthe game as being, not a hacker, but a new breed of Legendary Level player.

Not Shouten, Heavenly Level, but Shinken, Divine Right.
Balmung
... sasuga watashi.

Post by Balmung »

The quest Balmung and Orca overtook was the Zawan Shin, and since Balmung was the one to get in the last hit, he was the one that gained the wings item. Then again I'd think Orca'd look kinda odd with wings too... Anyways, I'm not sure that the item is still winnable for others, although it might be. There was a secret to beating the thing, I believe the whole thing was written up in AI Buster.
In the Computique special .hack//The World, there's an extra comic with Mireiyu- of course she's hunting rare items- but she also catche sight of a Wave Master with wings. The Wave Master introduces himself as Luc (*snicker*), and naturally everyone believes he must have cleared the Zawan Shin quest and was a legendary character as well. Turns out the wings were a cheat item... so other chars with wings.. that could be a possibility. <_<; Ne?
Gearhead
Player Character

Post by Gearhead »

It could be that the quest is still going.. and Balmung isn't telling the solution (this might explain Terashima.) As for the lesser wings that we see wandering around, say on Subaru, it could just be a decoration. One of the halmarks of some MMORPGs is little decorative knicknacks you can pick up.
Balmung
... sasuga watashi.

Post by Balmung »

It could be that the quest is still going.. and Balmung isn't telling the solution (this might explain Terashima.)
Probably. Heehee.
Kite-san told me that Balmung and Orca had the ideal party for taking up the Zawan Shin quest. The boss they had to fight apparently changed elements everytime it was hit, and so between the two of them they managed to figure it out and eventually wear it down.
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

I think it's that Heaxy Axes have that as a character option, which is why we see THREE of them in the series with wings, but Balmung's wings are the contest. XD Adi and Tavila could probably expand on it more.
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

The Wave Master introduces himself as Luc (*snicker*)
*CHOKES*

*hack cough* >_<;;

Ahem. u.u;;

The little wings might be items from a relatively easier quest suited for heavy axes, which might be the reason why they're more frequent.
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

... curses: we don't see any other female heavy axes besides those three! ;-; *check like, every NPC she could find ;-;*

EDIT: .... ok, guys, I just remembered something: There is _no_ way that Ryoko could've gotten past the Zawan Shin contest: She gives Kite her Member Address, you put her in your party... and she's level ONE.
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."