.hack//SIGN in English

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

Thus far, Bandai has been extremely smart in how they're doing this. They've released manga, anime, novels, OAVs, and games, -all- without giving away the mystery and it's keeping us fans hooked. I'm of the opinion that //DUSK could be (and likely is) the start of something new that could also keep us hooked and so they can give us more. It's baiting with stuff, and it's working very very well.

I still think Bandai's got some mysteries left for us, and as long as they can keep being original, we'll be waiting anxiously ~.~; At least.. I will

*sad, sad fanperson u.u;*
Rune Grey
Player Character

Post by Rune Grey »

.hack//DUSK is an evil, evil little trick that they've come up with - a way to create a series that alludes to the end of the .hack games, but doesn't exactly give away the ending, and expands upon it even further.

Not to mention it adds a new mystery for us to follow. I think they'll be able to keep this up for some time to come, and we'll have a very interesting franchise to follow. It just depends on how long they can keep it going, or if they decide to leave for something new.
Cha.

~Perpetual Thorn of Logic and Reason~
Gearhead
Player Character

Post by Gearhead »

Dusk is more than just evil.

It's pure, concentrated Crack.

Sure, it doesn't fold, spindle and mutilate your brain like Sign did, but that's just another part of it's charm...

o/~ Hello! Hello! It's a new world... :D
~ Resident Voodoo Techie ~
Rune Grey
Player Character

Post by Rune Grey »

Heh. Well, it remains to be seen. Its mind-bending, and we've only on episode FIVE. Remember that SIGN didn't get rolling until it hit episode 8 or so. And the bits and shadows of people in the opening offer something... very interesting to contemplate. We'll have to see how it goes... mmmyes.
Cha.

Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Rune's right. Episode 5 starts on the usual .hack touches and stuff. It doesn't seem as 'cheery' as the rest of the series has up to this point. o.o;; I noticed that almost right away in the episode. Even on the beach, it wasn't as insane as it could've been. o.o;; It really caught me offguard, to be honest. n.n;;
Rune Grey
Player Character

Post by Rune Grey »

Well, that is a touch disappointing - one of the things I liked about Dusk was its off the wall atmosphere combined with its more serous nature. One hopes that it doesn't settle down TOO much - it'll lose that unique flavor of the series.

Of course, they're all still chibi. ^^
Cha.

Gearhead
Player Character

Post by Gearhead »

Except for Balmung.

And Ouka.

I don't think either of those would submit to chibification without a very vicious fight.
~ Resident Voodoo Techie ~
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

I don't think it'll lose it's spazziness. There's still the running gag of poor Shugo and his missing tooth syndrome. It has to happen sometime in every ep. n.n And from a couple of scenes I've seen yah... But it looks like he's being lured into traps, or the monsters are intercepting messages from Aura to him.

Hey! I also noticed something else. o.o;; The hacked monsters seem to always go for him. It's the bracelet of course. Perhaps, tho... that whatever's behind them is recognizing that he's the one with it and is trying to eliminate him first? ...in order to prevent whatever happened last time (the .hack games) from happening again?
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

*tries to picture the fight to chibi-fy Ouka and Balmung*

*cringes*

....that's not a pretty fight. n.n;; Let's just leave 'em at that. :p
Rune Grey
Player Character

Post by Rune Grey »

Sooner or late, everyone will submit to the chibification!

Although if we're gonna go into Dusk in any mroe detail, we should probably take it to the spoilers board at this point.
Cha.

Asmaria
Player Character

Post by Asmaria »

*grins* Well I haven't chibified Ouka yet, but... here's Balmung. With a Rena attached. ^_^;

Durhi - Retarded puchiguso
Rune Grey
Player Character

Post by Rune Grey »

*cackles* See? I told you? ^_^ Even Balmung will submit to the Chibification. n.n

That is a NEAT picture! Nice job!
Cha.

Jetfire99
Player Character

Post by Jetfire99 »

Now only Ouka and Prehaps a certain bone headed yet loyal knight will fight off Chibiness. I mean could you see Ginkan as a CHIBI! MY LORD!!! THAT BE EVIL!

<Ginkan> "Chibi... I been left to hacked monsters, Datadrained... beat down PKed... BUT I WILL NEVER BE CHIBI YOU HEAR ME! NEVER!!!!! </Ginkan>
As the Rain falls...
I close my eyes...
And dream of rings...
spinning in the darkness....

-An unknown Hunter
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

... now take out Rena, put in Rhyste, and put a leash around his neck, and that picture would be the BEST THING EVAIER. ^_~

Very cute though... *tries to imagine Rena not there... >_>*

... dude, Balmung better not sell out to BlackRose at the end of volume four. :evil:
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
SaberWolf
Player Character

Post by SaberWolf »

*thonks Rhyste on the head* Arrgh! Shutup! I'm planning on starting that manga when I'm done Evangelion! Other wise, if you dont, I shall thrash you!

*lunges and starts nawing on his hip*
( isn't it funny? I swear nawing should be spelled with a "k" in front)
Last edited by SaberWolf on Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
runs wit scissors