How did Tsukasa....

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Junko
Player Character

Post by Junko »

kboy7 wrote:
Emerick Belasco wrote:It couldn't have been that expensive considering how widely used it appears to be.
Supplay and demand right? If it was used that much you think they would rise the price?
You're both kinda wrong.. Cheap is everything here in America, but in Japan people are willing to pay money for a quality experience. The whole idea of .hack comes from Japanese people, so it's even reasonable that the headset/game "system" cost as much a one or two thousand dollars in the world they created... ^^;
And yeah, I just don't think her dad would let her have it...
キー・オブ・ザ・トワイライトってなに?
Emerick Belasco
Player Character

Post by Emerick Belasco »

Fair enough. Personally I feel that we're looking a little too deeply into this but whatever. A lot of this is just speculation. The headset could just as easily have come with the whole terminal just as a mouse or a keyboard would.
Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long long year, stole many a man's soul and faith.
mvrckbass
Legend

Post by mvrckbass »

i doubt it or otherwise the "gloves" also compatible for "the world" would be with the set as well
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

Junko wrote:You're both kinda wrong.. Cheap is everything here in America, but in Japan people are willing to pay money for a quality experience. The whole idea of .hack comes from Japanese people, so it's even reasonable that the headset/game "system" cost as much a one or two thousand dollars in the world they created... ^^;
And yeah, I just don't think her dad would let her have it...

I doubt a headset would cost that much. I once saw a headset on sale for $400.
Tsukaru
Player Character

Post by Tsukaru »

Emerick Belasco wrote:Fair enough. Personally I feel that we're looking a little too deeply into this but whatever. A lot of this is just speculation. The headset could just as easily have come with the whole terminal just as a mouse or a keyboard would.

I really dont think that the game and headset would come with the computer. You dont get a PS2 with the tv. Just a point.

Second, I believe the headsets and the game and stuff are pretty expensive, because if you remember on the boards you see people talking about CC corp making Millions and one of them says that they should lower the cost greatly since there making more money.

Also I think Tsukasa may have snuck into a school computer room or something like Mai sort of did. That would be my final guess.
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

Well...you do remember that millions of players were logged on to "the world" and last I checked, 1,000,000 times $400=a lot of money.($4,000,000,000 if I'm correct.)
Last edited by Xhacker on Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
apostle13
Player Character

Post by apostle13 »

Well, I seriously doubt she stole it, she dosn't seem like that kind of person, based off of how she acted in //SIGN
Emerick Belasco
Player Character

Post by Emerick Belasco »

Actually there was a flashback later in the series that revealed that she had been caught stealing. I think it was in the 23rd episode.
Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long long year, stole many a man's soul and faith.
Cyral
Player Character

Post by Cyral »

Other than the fact that she was a anti social girl..

Nor the fact that most girls who go through that are basically next thing to anti social.. and the fact that most people would be either pissed at Tsukasa(which I will never cause she does look cute).
Chongara love info to help big guy understand .hack, eh?
mvrckbass
Legend

Post by mvrckbass »

*uh oh some one is a player :wink: *

why would she steal sumthing?

its not like if she gets caught, her father is gonna be "less strict" on her
Tsukaru
Player Character

Post by Tsukaru »

I kind of like going for the she snuck into school theory. It is very possible Mai did it Im sure Tsukasa could.
mvrckbass
Legend

Post by mvrckbass »

yeah, the "background info" about Tsukasa can support an action like that
En der
Legend

Post by En der »

weird, in the flashbacks, Tsukasa kind of looked like she was 5 or sumthing. What age exactly did she start the "World"?
*Insert line full of moral and wisdom*
(The name is ENDER!!!!)
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Supposedly around 2008. Aura was awakened in 2009- and then the games take place sometime in 2010.

Supposedly.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
En der
Legend

Post by En der »

well, she's about in high school, right? Then what was the date in the flashbacks (does anyone have an approximate answer?)
*Insert line full of moral and wisdom*
(The name is ENDER!!!!)