Japanese vs. American voice actors

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.

Japanese or English or Neither

Japanese Actors are Awesome!
65%
English Actors are the Greatest!
21%
I could definitely do better myself
15%

Total votes: 48

Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

ara wrote:Some dubbed animes aren't that bad but the one's in .hack//Infection are just plain annoying. If you watch .hack//SIGN Tsukasa's english voice actor is the same as Elk's english voice actor. So I would stick with the japanese voice actors.
That's the same in Japanese too, though. Saiga Mitsuki plays both Tsukasa and Elk. ^____^;;
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Atomsk
Lowbie

Post by Atomsk »

Atleast Saiga Mitsuki does a good job at playing them both. I haven't heard the english actors for the show, but apparently from what .hack//sora says its not bad but I know the ones in the game are pretty bad.
ara
Player Character

Post by ara »

Yes, your right Maho. I should have figured not many people have seen the dubbed version. So sorry. >.>
Furik
Player Character

Post by Furik »

Yeah, I don't like the fact that Bandai did horrible on the .hack//INFECTION VAs. They are sick sounding. lol Specially Kite's. I hate Digimon... sigh.... I like Helba's VA though :p
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Furik wrote:Yeah, I don't like the fact that Bandai did horrible on the .hack//INFECTION VAs. They are sick sounding. lol Specially Kite's. I hate Digimon... sigh.... I like Helba's VA though :p
Kite's actually a favorite of mine in the English VAs. But I'm also an old-skool cartoon fan, as Kite's VA happens to only have reemerged recently. ^___^;;

She was the second of the three girls to play Penny in Inspector Gadget.

She was also the voice who played HALF of the color kids in Rainbow Brite. ^____^
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Jetfire99
Player Character

Post by Jetfire99 »

o.o I got the theme from Inspector Gadget in my head now ;_; >.< I'll get you next time Tsukasa! NEXT TIME!!

But Seriouly Subaru's English VA is good. It almost feels like is the orginal speakin in English least thatis how I feel and Ginkan's English VA fits
As the Rain falls...
I close my eyes...
And dream of rings...
spinning in the darkness....

-An unknown Hunter
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Ginkan's voice makes me think of 'Mr Movie Voice' with the way he talks. I keep expecting him to belt out with 'Coming soon to a theater near you!' somewhere. o.o;
Rubedo
Legend

Post by Rubedo »

I like them both except Tsukasa's Japanese VA. And I mean I hate it with a passion. And it is a first for me. But I usually like both English and Japanese VA in anime. And that is why they have DVD's, so you can watch them in both languages. ^^"

~Rubedo out~
"That misty night, that dismal moon. The dead search for their kin.
While angels sing, in endless dark. The dead seek out sin."

"The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh"
WavemasterJisu
Player Character

lol!!

Post by WavemasterJisu »

Ginkan's voice makes me think of 'Mr Movie Voice' with the way he talks. I keep expecting him to belt out with 'Coming soon to a theater near you!' somewhere. o.o;
LOL!!!!! TOO TRUE!! XD!!
-Ruka.

"RUKA HAET NUMBERS."
lightshadow4610
Player Character

Post by lightshadow4610 »

I would have to go with American voice actors because i haven't seen a series in both Japanese and American yet.
error
Player Character

Post by error »

I'm going to say japanese, they put so much more effort and emotion in their acting. And hell, it was made to work with the japanese voices.
[The Adventures of Dane and Chase] <- Click the linkie, I dare you.
Tasogare
Lowbie

Post by Tasogare »

Japanese. I prefer to listen to this kind of thing in the language it was originally done. Plus I find Japanese make better voice actors.
K.K.C.
Lowbie

Post by K.K.C. »

Well, iv nevr herd it in Japanese, so i just wont vote. Does anyone know where i can download them talking? ^_^'
WavemasterJisu
Player Character

er...

Post by WavemasterJisu »

not to be rude in any way, but its best not to ask where to download on this board... the moderators can get a lil upset at this... i know... >_>;
-Ruka.

"RUKA HAET NUMBERS."
LimeyBrit
Lowbie

Post by LimeyBrit »

Tsukasa wrote:Ginkan's voice makes me think of 'Mr Movie Voice' with the way he talks. I keep expecting him to belt out with 'Coming soon to a theater near you!' somewhere. o.o;
*giggles* ^___^

I'm another one who habitually will choose a Japanese sound track with subs, over an English dub. Since I've been into watching foreign flicks with subs for years, it always seemed more natural. However, aside from occasionally annoying dub voices/unnatural timing to fit the animation, I can usually live with a dub without too much trouble. Actually, the thing that I usually find most jarring is when, the dialogue is changed to remove cultural references that they figure an English speaking audience won't get - I *like* finding & having to go look for things like that...