thoughts on .hack//gift...

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

And to think nearly no one listened to me when I said it was an animated feature showing both //SIGN and game cahracters. :roll:
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Krono, i noticed the same thing! I'm like, WTF?????(in a good way) Let's just hope those damn U.S censors see that...
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Balmung
... sasuga watashi.

Post by Balmung »

Actually, when looking at the character designs for the thing, Helba seems to have absolutely no middle. Reminds me of the Gundam Virago when it extends and fires a plasma cannon thing from it's gut. Sorta like that. 'cept for Helba, it's more a floaty ball that acts as her waist, and top and bottom.
And Black Rose and Mimiru look like fish. Kite reminds me of that monkey in Digimon Tamers. Umm.... disturbing pic, Tsukasa scribble in a sorta strapless dress thing. Holding a flower. And a teddy bear. Filling in for Aura? ;>_> Aura herself seems to have a problem keeping her head up... must be too heavy.
711224 11111224 11125 2 83212 711224 111112554 420 170 42112 711224 11111224 11125177 711224 11125 43
Asmaria
Player Character

Post by Asmaria »

I can see how Helba has no middle, but um... o_O; well it certainly seems to me that she's without her top too. >.> However small it may have been to begin with.
Durhi - Retarded puchiguso
Super Tsukasa Z
Player Character

Post by Super Tsukasa Z »

I really did not like it and truthfully did not like that to just some it up CRAP but thats my opinion
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

one word

KEWL XD

nah, it's just... uh.... it's some kind of joke, rite? XD It's ok. Subaru looks very weird there, tho T_T
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Hema
Player Character

Post by Hema »

Krono wrote:read the announcements...

http://dothack.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1054
lmao! :shock: The animation is so stupid looking. It's like a horrible SD parody. Now why would they go and ruin a good Anime?
Asmaria
Player Character

Post by Asmaria »

I can understand that some people don't like the art style, but seriously, think about it. It's not meant to 'ruin' .hack//SIGN, it's meant to MAKE FUN of it. I mean, if you can't have a sense of humor and laugh at something of your own, what's the point in letting other people see it? I think the people at CC2 are great for this reason. It's like the fanart pictures that Duskino did here http://dothack.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=941 They totally made fun of .hack//, didn't they? We all laughed and said it was great, and how funny it was, right? Don't judge a book by it's cover and call it crap when you haven't even seen it (beyond preview pics) yet. o_O Of course, we're all entitiled to our opinions here, but I just can't help but get the feeling that a few people are too quick to shrug it off as a peice of junk without giving it a chance. I did that with Udeden, but I'm glad I stuck around because I love it. o_o;
Durhi - Retarded puchiguso
Hema
Player Character

Post by Hema »

Hmm...I see your point Asmaria. I should see it first before saying anything about it. ^.^; excuse me.
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

OH MY GOD XDD I can't stop laughing!! BWAHAHAH!! ::rolls all over the floor in a laughing fit::

Dude, Ginkan cracks me up beyond imagination though... omg... XD

The scary thing is, that looks like something I would draw. o_o
Guynietoren
Player Character

Post by Guynietoren »

It'd be nice to see that sort of artwork animated. I can remember reams of people complaining about Zelda: Wind Waker before they saw it animated. Maybe it had to do with Nintendo making too many childish games. Anyways, I think it would look pretty cute. Maybe I'm just hyper right now, but it looks pretty energetic. Chibi has a way of making people crack a smile, but this artform seems to take a step past chibi.

Subaru kind of reminds me of Kenny from SouthPark.
Krono
Legend

Post by Krono »

I was expecting something _much_ different.. I guess it's not that bad... altho, I'm a little disturbed by that helba thing..
and is that bear really aura??? that's weird... really weird....

BTW anyone else think that kite looks like a frog?
Only in dreams; We see what it means
Reach out our hands; Hold on to hers
But when we wake; It's all been erased
And so it seems; Only in dreams
Guynietoren
Player Character

Post by Guynietoren »

Absolutely.
Krono
Legend

Post by Krono »

now that I think about it... .hack//gift is only going to be one episode... right? well, how could they fit an entire adventure into that single ep. and make it work... It'll probably be better this way...
Only in dreams; We see what it means
Reach out our hands; Hold on to hers
But when we wake; It's all been erased
And so it seems; Only in dreams
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

How can they fit a whole adventure into one ep.? Easy. Make the episode really long. Hahaha...no. Well, look at cartoons like Dexter's Lab... they fit a whole...er... 'adventure' into 15 minutes. @_@