Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Yahiko

Post by Yahiko »

I was just kind of wondering why on the sword in the log in screen would have the words, "Key of the Twilight" on it. I mean, I'd imagine that CC Corp and Altimit wouldn't want others to know if it or something of the sort.

"Gravitation is the force of attraction.. it obeys no logic and no reason. It's not fate, it's GRAVITATION."
error
Player Character

Post by error »

I also was wondering about that. Also the key of Twilight is from SIGN not infection.
[The Adventures of Dane and Chase] <- Click the linkie, I dare you.
sudra
Player Character

Post by sudra »

when you open any of the books... if you look closely... the words that pop up also say 'key of the twilight'...
- Sudra Koder
"Those who only look forward, find death from behind." - Sudra
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

The Key of the Twilight isn't necessarily from .hack//SIGN. Take in mind, that we are never told outright what it is in the series. There's still more to learn what this 'legendary item' is, you know? n.n So... If we can't turn to SIGN, then we have to turn to something else... Such as... the games.

Everything works hand in hand in this series. They're not just prequels and sequels. They're all different parts of the story that different people have become involved in. By the end of game 4, it will no longer be just Kite's, or Tsukasa's, or Mai's story... It will be EVERYONE's story... as it all comes together to make one final moment for everyone to have their revelation as to what's been happening around them and why this game is no longer a game. ^-^
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
error
Player Character

Post by error »

Well I was just thinking that the game is just like DUSK, the Twilight Bracelet. I'm pretty sure the bracelet and the key are way to diffrent things. Maybe Aura is the key? That would make sense.
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

The game is nothing like UdeDen, actually. Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu is all about two people who win the character designs held by the famous '.hackers' Kite and Blackrose. This is Shugo and Rena. And Shugo gets the bracelet in the process as well.

UdeDen is a sequel to the games in the end. It takes place four-five years after .hack vol 4.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

... I always thought the Key was Human Willpower.
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

I'm thining of the Key as being someth on the same terms of it, but not quite... I can't really word it, actually to be honest. n.n;;
error
Player Character

Post by error »

Tsukasa wrote:The game is nothing like UdeDen, actually. Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu is all about two people who win the character designs held by the famous '.hackers' Kite and Blackrose. This is Shugo and Rena. And Shugo gets the bracelet in the process as well.

UdeDen is a sequel to the games in the end. It takes place four-five years after .hack vol 4.
I ment it takes more after the games than SIGN. Seeing they get the Player charectors and bracelet that was once used when the game took place.
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

INSERT
MEGA
SPOILERS
HERE
W007

... uhm, yeah, like... the Bracelet? It's undone in vol. 4. ^^;
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

How do we know that it's exactly what the title is saying? n.n There's a lot of things we shouldn't read into too much on that list. n.n
Rune Grey
Player Character

Post by Rune Grey »

What I can't remember is... were the words 'Key of the Twilight' on that sword BEFORE Kite gets the bracelet?
Cha.

~Perpetual Thorn of Logic and Reason~
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Yes, they were, actually. o.o
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

I posted this already in another thread, but my theory on the Key of the Twilight is that it's something a little more intangible than an item or a person, though it's wrapped around Tsukasa very tightly.

I think it's closer to Rhyste's idea, though not exactly. I don't think it's just 'human willpower', I think it was an event that occurred that started everything we see in the games. I'll get more into this in the spoiler forum, perhaps, as right now, I can't theorize much further without spoiling something n.n;
HermitIX
Player Character

key

Post by HermitIX »

i played that game up to a point and started over. i looked when the book of the twilight was opend and didnt see the text "key of the twilight" but in all the other books i have opend its been fairl easy to see.

as for the sword and the book text, i think most of the people who ran out anf grabed the game as soon as it came out had some preknowlage about the key of the twilight. some one who doesnt know its importance probubly wont even notice it flashes when you open the books or that it is on the sword untill they are told
::blink:: ::blink:: ::cough::