.hack//Enemy New TCG from decipher.

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
rolv

.hack//Enemy New TCG from decipher.

Post by rolv »

Hi all,

Since I haven't seen it annouced elsewhere on the boards (my apologies if it has) I thought I would say hi to everyone by directing people to information about the NEW TCG (Trading Card Game) .hack//Enemy by Decipher. The website is:

http://www.decipher.com/content/2003/06 ... thack.html

As a fan of Project .hack as well as a regular CCG player (I play various games such as WWE Raw Deal and Marvel/DC Heroclix), I am very excited to see how this weill turn out. I play another of Decipher's games, Star Trek: 2nd Edition, and they have created quality games that are fun to play and collect. I hope to see the same out of this release.

As a note, this is NOT a translation of the current game that is out in Japan, but a new release that they are going to design. From the page above, you can see that they are not only going to be doing demos at the BIG gaming conventions, but they have also planned a number of events at the larger Anime Cons as well (I wish they had been at A-kon *sniff*). If anyone is planning on attending any of the conventions where this is being demo'ed, please try to attend a demo and report back here on your experience!!
Ryo
Lowbie

Post by Ryo »

YES!!! ANOTHER card game to easily beat my friends at, even with there "unbeatable decks" which they make once a day!!! :D
i'm to lazy to think of a signature, get back to you later, heh heh
ichi
Player Character

Post by ichi »

Wahoo! Not only that, but .Hack// Legend of the twilight Bracelet, too!!! I can't wait! *Head explodes with anticipation*
He's... ALIVE?
Invisible Egg!
Legend

Post by Invisible Egg! »

Decipher! I remember them! I wasted hundreds of dollars on the Star Wars CCG when they first released it!

... but I'd be willing to give this .hack card game a try. Thanks for the info!
rolv

A little bit more info...

Post by rolv »

http://www.decipher.com/rfd/index.html

The top of the list is a live broadcast that they do weekly. While this weeks broacast has information on other Decipher happenings, such as inter-company stuff and things dealing with other games, the two hosts (who happen to work for Decipher) also discuss a little about the new .hack game.

Note:You have to use Real Player in order to listen to it.

Rol

P.S. Though they did a few demos with children, I am hoping they do not directly market the game to that demographic. Like Magic the Gathering, the game is easy for children to learn, but not directly marketed to that demo.
Krono
Legend

Post by Krono »

sweet! a dothack TCG... that's pretty cool... tho, the link wouldn't work for me.... I wonder how it'll work *prays that it won't go the same way as the Gundam Wing and DBZ card games*
Only in dreams; We see what it means
Reach out our hands; Hold on to hers
But when we wake; It's all been erased
And so it seems; Only in dreams
Nebu
Player Character

Post by Nebu »

OMG

I MUST HAVE IT.......

o.o

*starts saving up $$$*
Poe was here.
my new .hack image gallery: http://www.iguuy-igihsuf.com/inyourmind

"God loves you whether you like it or not"
Super Tsukasa Z
Player Character

Post by Super Tsukasa Z »

yea this has been discussed before sorry about that some people already have the cards but dont know how to play the game and you cant really trust the dicipher that they have cause they dont do that well with the language butit is cool that they are making a .hack card game

and Welcome to the Board hope you enloy it
Invisible Egg!
Legend

Post by Invisible Egg! »

This is a new card game, Super Tsukasa Z. Decipher is well-established as a TCG company. It is not an adaption of the japanese card game.
Kama
Player Character

Post by Kama »

Wow, that didn't take long. All those "If's and But's" turned into "When?!?!"
kama
"Oh, it's a dead end. This really bites." Sora
"Nope, God doesn't want us!"-FullMetalAlchemist
Nebu
Player Character

Post by Nebu »

wait...

so they are making a card game just for over hear?

wow... arn't we special! ^^
Poe was here.
my new .hack image gallery: http://www.iguuy-igihsuf.com/inyourmind

"God loves you whether you like it or not"
fjf314
Lowbie

Post by fjf314 »

I guess I now have even more .hack merchandise to spend my money on. I used to play Magic: The Gathering a lot, so I enjoy TCGs, and I'm glad that one is being made on .hack I'm also hoping, though, that it isn't aimed at a really young audience.
"All I really want is to be alone." - Tsukasa, .hack//SIGN
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Info from Anime Expo:

The game involves you playing monsters for your opponents PCs to fight and vice versa. It will be released in Oct and looks to be a very comprehensive and fun game. I watched several matches of it at Anime Expo.

They said that the average prices will likely be $8-9 for a starter, and $2-3 for boosters.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
fjf314
Lowbie

Post by fjf314 »

Those prices sound pretty reasonable to me. Of course, since it's been so long since the last time I bought anything for a TCG, I don't really know what the average prices are, but those sound good enough.
"All I really want is to be alone." - Tsukasa, .hack//SIGN
Krono
Legend

Post by Krono »

the decks are cheaper than magic decks... the packs are roughly the same price... of course, depending on how many cards per deck, this may or may not be a deal.
Only in dreams; We see what it means
Reach out our hands; Hold on to hers
But when we wake; It's all been erased
And so it seems; Only in dreams