is it ok the talk about Evangelion?????

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Ryo Ikari
Player Character

is it ok the talk about Evangelion?????

Post by Ryo Ikari »

i know it off topic but the creators of .hack also made evangelion. and i was woundering if it is ok to talk about it.
Mans gradeds fear is man it self
or the fear of others coming close
to their feeling.
Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

Yoshiyuki only did character design.
error
Player Character

Post by error »

There should be a "General Anime" part of the forum.
[The Adventures of Dane and Chase] <- Click the linkie, I dare you.
sudra
Player Character

Post by sudra »

though the site is .hack, ya should ask if they'll make a general anime board... they may... the worst that'll happen is they'll say no...
- Sudra Koder
"Those who only look forward, find death from behind." - Sudra
Ryo Ikari
Player Character

Post by Ryo Ikari »

ok so i guess its ok to talk about evagenlion.

has anybody seen evagenlion i'm just woundering?
to their feeling.
sudra
Player Character

Post by sudra »

can't say that i have... though there are a lot of anime series that i want to see but haven't...
- Sudra Koder
"Those who only look forward, find death from behind." - Sudra
error
Player Character

Post by error »

Yeah, I have all the episodes on CD somewhere. When I get a job I plan on getting the box set to help support them. I believe the companies deserve their money for their anime.

The anime was really good, I was hooked. The End of Evangelion was insane.
Ryo Ikari
Player Character

Post by Ryo Ikari »

i have all the dvd of evangelion. i know End of Evangelion was insane. i go so confussed at the end of it. it make it makes me think if they will make anymore evangelion.
to their feeling.
LimeyBrit
Lowbie

Re: is it ok the talk about Evangelion?????

Post by LimeyBrit »

Ryo Ikari wrote:i know it off topic but the creators of .hack also made evangelion. and i was woundering if it is ok to talk about it.
Well, going by the posted rules for the babble board (ie *this* part of the BBS) - this is the one place where its ok to write about off-topic stuff, so it ought to be ok here, especially if some of the same people worked on both series. Do you have more information about that?.

(BTW, I suspect that it might be best to try to avoid posting too much entirely unconnected stuff, to avoid overloading the BBS n.n)
Ryo Ikari
Player Character

Post by Ryo Ikari »

i dont have any more info about it. sorry.
to their feeling.
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

I don't see any problems with chatting about Evangelion, as long as you guys are courteous and follow the basic rules of the board. This is the babble board and is meant for just off topic banter.

As for Evangelion, I've seen it... and I don't like it. I'm probably one of the few out there that doesn't. of course, I don't like stuff that's very hyped (which is funny 'bout .hack, now isn't it? n.n;; ).
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
LimeyBrit
Lowbie

Post by LimeyBrit »

Well, FWIW - I'm about 1/2 way thru the boxset & I'm really enjoying it. n.n But, there again, I'm so out of touch, that I missed most of the hype... :)

And its Ok Ikari-san - I'll go do a google search later for Pipian's reference to Yoshiyuki. n.n
error
Player Character

Post by error »

Off topic: I never really understood people with their "I don't like hyped things". It's weird, if something is good, it automatically gets the labeled as "hyped" and I think that's crap. Like it or not, I will never call something hyped, because I know someone out there likes it.

I guess the only real hype is like when somebody makes something more than it is. Even then, everyone is a critic.
Asmaria
Player Character

Post by Asmaria »

From what I've heard Tsu say about hyped things, It kinda makes sense to me. I do like Evangelion, but then, I got to see it before I knew it was really popular out here (even if it was while I was watching it, I was just clueless). Now that so many people talk about it, sometimes it gets old. For example, every anime convention you go to, there will ALWAYS be a SailorMoon costumer. At least one character from that show. Usually from Evangelion, or Card Captor Sakura or many others as well. That of course is normal, and expected, and most people don't mind. But then, a lot of people get tired of hearing the same things all the time too. I actually managed to get REALLY burnt out on .hack// stuff in general a few months ago. I basically separated myself from it completely for a month, until I could stand it again. Now that there's new stuff, my obsession is back. But yeah, perhaps its burnout, or perhaps its just getting tired of hearing about something in general...

But as a series, I think Evangelion was kinda fun for messing with my head. :) Though I will never ever watch End of Eva again. Especially not on a caffiene overdose. @_@;
Durhi - Retarded puchiguso
LimeyBrit
Lowbie

Post by LimeyBrit »

error wrote:Off topic: I never really understood people with their "I don't like hyped things"
For me, its one of those things I try to avoid doing, but often fail! For several years in each case, I refused to watch Star Trek: The Next Generation (coz I thought it would spoil the memory of the original) & The Simpsons (coz, I assumed it would be stupid). Changed my opinion later in both cases, once I'd seen a few.

But, if something is hyped to death, you start to wonder if theres any substance beneath the hype...