[Review] Fiction

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Pipian
Player Character

[Review] Fiction

Post by Pipian »

So I just got my copy of Kajiura's Fiction in the mail, and since it has newer versions of .hack//SIGN music among its pieces (particularly "key of the twilight", "fake wings", and "open your heart" (too bad there's no "sen yoru ichi yoru", one of my fave songs of hers), so I've decided it'd be OK to post a review here of the rerecorded .hack//SIGN tracks (while I'm listening to it):

Key of the Twilight: Definately nice. It cuts down on the backing (particularly on the percussion) and the singer's voice comes out quite nicely. Overall a very nice cut.

Fake Wings: Still quite nice, with an added instrumental interlude. The backing is quite nicely done (the percussion again being softer, and the backing strings taking a much more prominent part).

Open Your Heart: Interesting opening (it gradually gets louder). And it's overall a very interesting mix (much like the reprise in the opening and ending, but the original version in the middle). Very interesting, and the voice is clearer. Of course, the interlude, different, is still interesting (Sounds like a synthesized fiddle or something)

The rest of the album, in summary, is quite nice, just as would be expected from Kajiura. Rating of .hack rerecordings: 10/10, Overall: 9/10
Rubedo
Legend

Post by Rubedo »

Well, since you have reviewed Kajiura's "Fiction", and I don't have it, yet, or know anything about it, could I ask you some questions about it? How many tracks does it have? How does the cover look? And, does it have any tracks with just the Violin? And. Thanks for your time.
"That misty night, that dismal moon. The dead search for their kin.
While angels sing, in endless dark. The dead seek out sin."

"The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh"
Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

11. See Amazon. No, all songs have lyrics (this is not to say that they are bad at all).
Rubedo
Legend

Post by Rubedo »

Hmmmm... Well well, I wasn't expecting that for the cover. Heh, I like it. It's got a nice look to it. No Violin pieces, Well no big-deal.. I'll still get it. It's by Yuki Kajiura after all. ^^;; Anyways. Thanks for your time.

Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

It looks nothing like .hack. But wait.. mayb it's Grandpa and Monseiour's Spring Mist XD

The other Tracks... Any from NOIR?
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

Canta Per Me and Salva Nos. (Note: I have not really listened to the original Noir OST, so I cannot rate them)
Burntice
Lowbie

Post by Burntice »

I also got Fiction, and I've been looking around for websites with lyrics - none so far. You guys know of any?
"The signature.. the bumper sticker of the new millenium."
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

...... Have you tried, you know, opening the CD booklet? All the lyrics are in there ~_~;;

Keep in mind, however, the two tracks from Aquarian Age have no lyrics because that's all gibberish anyway ^^;
----------------------------------
"Sora KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!"

Don't hate me because I'm l337iful ;_;
Rubedo
Legend

Post by Rubedo »

Here is Kajiura's wedsite for anyone that is interested in her music. And for those that aren't that sure about getting her album "Fiction", her site have some MP3 samples of "Fiction".

http://www.fictionjunction.com/

And for you lazy bums, here is a direct link to the samples. ^^;
http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/kajiura/fiction/index.html

And I had never seen a picture of Kajiura before, untill I went to her site. So I had no ideal she was such a beautiful woman. ^^;;

Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

... Japan gets two extra tracks... ... I was not aware fo this, and now I am grumpy about such.
Rubedo
Legend

Post by Rubedo »

Pipian wrote:... Japan gets two extra tracks... ... I was not aware fo this, and now I am grumpy about such.
Well that doesn't really bother me, since I plan on getting both. =^^=

Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

I will likely do the same now that I have learned about this.
Jerec
Player Character

Post by Jerec »

Two extra tracks? That was kinda mean of Kajiura-san or Pioneer @_@
** Leader of The Chaos Chambers @ Aniverse
** President of the Republic of Antarticanistanicalandiaesicorean
** Hang Gliding Enthusiast!
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

I'd think people would be used to that sort of thing by now c.c; Almost all Japanese products tend to come with the most extra stuff, and the US ones come with little.

Besides, for those who have said they're going to buy both CDs, well, that's another marketing goal. They can make more money if they sell twice to the same person.

Sometimes Japanese companies will do this in reverse. They will release something in Japan, then in America with some differences/bonuses, and then the Japanese fans will throw a fit, so they re-release, thus selling more.
----------------------------------
"Sora KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!"

Don't hate me because I'm l337iful ;_;
Invisible Egg!
Legend

Post by Invisible Egg! »

Sora wrote:They will release something in Japan, then in America with some differences/bonuses, and then the Japanese fans will throw a fit, so they re-release, thus selling more.
*cough*Kingdom Hearts!!!*cough*

Clever, yes. But it proves that people value money more than fans. I guess that's normal.