Yuki Kajiura and Xenosaga: Episode II?

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Rubedo
Legend

Yuki Kajiura and Xenosaga: Episode II?

Post by Rubedo »

Yeah, it appears that Yuki Kajiura is doing the composition for Xenosaga Episode II.
Tsukasa wrote:As another note, Kajiura is currently working on another project that the information for cannot be disclosed. I think the date was... July 21st or something when the Japanese announcement will be made.
Is this the project you were talking about, Tsukasa?
"That misty night, that dismal moon. The dead search for their kin.
While angels sing, in endless dark. The dead seek out sin."

"The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh"
Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

I doubt Tsukasa knows. However, I would not doubt that Xenosaga is a possibility.
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

I do not know, Rubedo. ^___^ We'll find out come July 21st. But I would be horribly surprised if Square-Enix got someone other than Yasunori Mitsuda to do the OST for Xenosaga ep 2, as he did ep 1. He's still in good standing with the team, right? o.o;
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
SA-kun
Player Character

Post by SA-kun »

Tsukasa wrote:I do not know, Rubedo. ^___^ We'll find out come July 21st. But I would be horribly surprised if Square-Enix got someone other than Yasunori Mitsuda to do the OST for Xenosaga ep 2, as he did ep 1. He's still in good standing with the team, right? o.o;
Square Enix? Last I checked, Xenosaga's done by Monolith Soft and published by Namco...
Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

Nevertheless, that is Mitsuda's realm...
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Err... That's right. n.n;; (take in mind, I don't keep up with the Xeno games. x.x;;)

But anyway Pipian's right. Mitsuda was the composer for the first game, I don't see why they'd replace him for Kajiura. Sorry. o.o;
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Gray
Player Character

Post by Gray »

Pipian
Player Character

Post by Pipian »

Surprising, but not entirely unexpected. After all, I did say that it was not to be completely impossible. Just unlikely. Wonder why they dumped Mitsuda...
YashaOokami
Legend

Post by YashaOokami »

Dont know why either..so far,since I just got the game last week,I liked the battle music to it,I thought the music was good.
"True strength comes with time..through presistent training!!"-Ouka,Vol. 2
0mega
Lowbie

Post by 0mega »

Yeah, Yuki Kajiura is doing the music for X2. This is her (middle) at a confrence of some sort:

YashaOokami
Legend

Post by YashaOokami »

Hm..guess that is settled then,I wonder why they changed over,oh well.
Nice avatar btw,Omega.I love Galerians.
"True strength comes with time..through presistent training!!"-Ouka,Vol. 2
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

wow... that's surprising... Yuki Kajiura For Xenosaga... ^^;; This will be interesting Xb
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
0mega
Lowbie

Post by 0mega »

YashaOokami wrote:Hm..guess that is settled then,I wonder why they changed over,oh well.
Nice avatar btw,Omega.I love Galerians.
I think when they where making .hack//SIGN, some of the people who worked on the FMV's in Xenosaga were working on .hack aswell. They knew Mitsuda wasnt going to stick around much longer (on his website he says he going to stop working on video game music and start writing songs for musicians), so they gave he job to Kajiura.

Thanks Ookami ^^;
Rubedo
Legend

Post by Rubedo »

Monolith soft also has plans for the Xenosaga series to be released as an anime too. So I'm kinda curious if Kajiura will do the composition for it as well.
"That misty night, that dismal moon. The dead search for their kin.
While angels sing, in endless dark. The dead seek out sin."

"The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh"
0mega
Lowbie

Post by 0mega »

Rubedo wrote:Monolith soft also has plans for the Xenosaga series to be released as an anime too. So I'm kinda curious if Kajiura will do the composition for it as well.
That would be really cool if she did! :D