.hack//SIGN in English

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

( isn't it funny? I swear nawing should be spelled with a "k" in front)
You're close! It would be spelled 'gnawing' ^^
SaberWolf
Player Character

Post by SaberWolf »

I thought I was missing something! I'm almost an impecable speller, but I guess I managed to mess that one up!

*keeps -g-nawing on his hip* :D
runs wit scissors
Ohseki Ayu
Player Character

Post by Ohseki Ayu »

XD Asmaria-chan, that BalmungxRena chibi is AMAZINGLY cute. I love it. ^-^ I should do some BalmyxRena fanart myself sometime...too bad I don't have a scanner. ^^;;
Because the Emerald Green is in the hand that plucked flowers,
It changes its appearance to the sky, wind, earth
~ T H E : E T E R N A L : M I N D ~ [http://theeternalmind.sterlingsylver.net/]
Ohseki Ayu
Player Character

Post by Ohseki Ayu »

And what the heck happened to the original topic of this thread? 0_o; I suppose I should add my two cents, too. I am stoutly anti-dub; I never watch them if I can help it. I've been watching the .hack//SIGN dub, though, to see what it's like. I'd have to say that I really like BT's voice--it really suits her. And Sora sounds fruity. (Whether or not that's a bad thing is up to the rest of you to decide. ^_^) Tsukasa's voice is...eh, Bear's voice isn't bad (although I was ehhing on it first episode), and Mimiru's voice is...urg. I don't like Amanda Winn. That's all I have to say on that subject.

Ginkan's voice is appropriate. So is Subaru's. All in all...it could be a worse dub. ^^
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

SaberWolf wrote:*thonks Rhyste on the head* Arrgh! Shutup! I'm planning on starting that manga when I'm done Evangelion! Other wise, if you dont, I shall thrash you!
... *pauses* Volume four = GAME volume four.
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
Asmaria
Player Character

Post by Asmaria »

Bwahaha! XD And here's another pic for ya!

Durhi - Retarded puchiguso
Ohseki Ayu
Player Character

Post by Ohseki Ayu »

Disgustingly cute.

Good work, As-chan. ^-^
Rune Grey
Player Character

Post by Rune Grey »

My gosh - someone actually posted to the origional thread topic!

...of course, we've gone so far off course that I can't remember what it was anymore. ^^ But nice picture, Melissa.
Cha.

~Perpetual Thorn of Logic and Reason~
Asmaria
Player Character

Post by Asmaria »

*snickers* Sorry for deviating so far. ^^;
Durhi - Retarded puchiguso
Ohseki Ayu
Player Character

Post by Ohseki Ayu »

It was about the dub of .hack//SIGN (yes, I know you were kidding, Rune-chan)--although, I had to see the name of the thread before I remembered that. ^^;;;

I wonder if we should start a new thread...
Rune Grey
Player Character

Post by Rune Grey »

Indeed...

Any more fanart bits should probably be placed in their own thread in the fan bits section. And it WOULD be neat if you could repost them all there, Melissa...
Cha.

Dty5731
Lowbie

Post by Dty5731 »

cute fanarts!! =^__^=

IMO: The .hack//SIGN dub was amazingly well. I personally hates american dubbing, but i have to say, .hack dub is the best i've ever seen. The only way to get the excat voice of japanese to english is if the Jap VA themselves spoke english and redubed everything, but since thats nearly impossible (acents, etc) the american ones are what i would think the characters in .hack would sound like if they were american players. AND DEAR LORD!!! THE TITLE ISNT CHANGED!!! ^__^ i hate it when they shorten part of the name of a anime or change it... this is awesome!!
~Dty~
SaberWolf
Player Character

Post by SaberWolf »

Ohseki Ayu wrote: And Sora sounds fruity. (Whether or not that's a bad thing is up to the rest of you to decide. ^_^) ^
What -is- up with that anyway? He doesn't -look- fruity. I hate it when they do stuff like that. Sora's VA is a pretty one, I just don't like his interpretation of the character through his voice. I say, if he doesn't have long, peticured nails and girly eye lashes, he shouldn't sound gay. Its just not him.
runs wit scissors
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Actually... I've not heard Sora's voice, but I know the actor playing him... and if he is playing him how I imagine the actor to... Then no. He's not gonna sound 'pretty'.

The guy playing Sora is actually from, in my opinion, the greatest anime dub ever. El Hazard. n.n Katsuhiko Jinnai. ^-^

Jinnai is great for playing the off the wall outrageously and lovably psychotic characters. ^-^ Perfect for Sora. -_^ I'm not sure I can hear the voice, but people are saying he did a good job, and that's what makes me happy, because... I like hearing the El Hazard people in stuff again. (Hee! Fujisawa played Dogi in Ys! XD XD)
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Rune Grey
Player Character

Post by Rune Grey »

I rather have to agree - this voice does work pretty well, although it is different from Sora's japanese voice. For a myriad number of reasons (which are quite spolierific) I have to agree - this is a very good interpretation of Sora's voice, and I'm glad to see that they're still doing well with the SIGN dub. ^_^
Cha.