.hack//SIGN in English

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Asmaria
Player Character

Post by Asmaria »

Now I was skeptical at first, but yeah, it does fit, thinking back on what i heard. But the Japanese voice for Sora seems a bit deeper, though not too much so. Something about the way it sounds... but perhaps thats just because it's in Japanese. n_n; Now if Sora laughs like Jinnai, I'll explode. Thats so scary, and I can't see it happening. @_@ But he probably wouldn't, he doesn't even have a line like that. ^^;
Durhi - Retarded puchiguso
Megami Subaru
Lowbie

.hack//sign dub

Post by Megami Subaru »

Hajimemashite minna!

I'm new to the group but I did manage to sneek a peek at the dub of .hack//sign.

There's one aspect of this whole adventure that I don't think anyone has noticed. The evolution of dubs recently with the combined push of DVD sales has put a lot of pressure on companies to produce more accurate dubs. If the dub isn't decent there is a very good chance that the DVD sales will bomb, people like you and me will turn up their noses and nothing else will sell.

I was presonally very impressed with the quality of work Bandai put out even though I am not one to bother with the enligsh track on any DVD. Bear's voice was great, but I still get chills when I listen to Tsukasa and Tsubaru. I believe there is not acurate way to translate the formal speech that Tsubara uses and any attempt to do so is usually bad and doomed to be bad. Tsukasa's original voice actor did such an excellent job that I would hate to have to rub it out.

But.... all in all they are doing an excellent job. I hope they keep it up. ^_^

ps.... please excuse my horrible spelling ^_^
zettai makenai!
KidGenki
Player Character

Hello

Post by KidGenki »

Hi Subaru Im Genki call me Elk if you want but any way nice to meet you .
" Im not saying
goodbye or hiding from the World im just saying screw it..."
SaberWolf
Player Character

Post by SaberWolf »

Hey Tsubaru, why do you spell your name with a "T"? It makes me think of Tsunami Channel, a really good web-comic I read.

Unfortunatly, I have not yet had the privelage to watch the subbed version. When I get the chance, I should be able to make better judgement on .hack than to limited exposure I've had.
runs wit scissors
Megami Subaru
Lowbie

Tsubaru.... Subaru

Post by Megami Subaru »

Just to clear up my goof......

My chinese bootleg copies of .hack//sign gave Subaru the name of Tsubaru through most of the subtitles, and until about five minutes ago I didn't know the difference. In a way the name 'wings ' also suits her, but my mistake.

Let's hope they can keep pronouncing names right in the English version ne?
zettai makenai!
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

Oh man, the HK bootlegs... XD I hear Tsukasa became "Zea." ^_^;

Sora's voice is the best out of the English Voices, BT's is pretty good too... speaking of BT, Landale's email from Donna Rawlins was confirmed to be real - he's going to ask her to do an interview for his website... in a recent email she mentioned they recorded things for the games as well... and speaking of which, if you guys have any questions for her for Landale's interview, I could pass them onto him. ^o^ She seems to be happy to respond, and expresses interest in .hack! :D
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

The interview thing would be really cool. Maybe we can gather some questions together on the board to hand over to him. Perhaps you could even ask Landale to join us. We'd be happy to have him here.

Oh, and the names on the HK Bootlegs... Those are actually the Chinese pronounciations of the character's names. 'Zea' Mandarin (I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, someone?) pronounciation for the same kanji that is pronounced as 'Tsukasa' in Japanese.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

Actually, it was Cantonese, as verified by Dty5731 when I asked her.

It's hard to romanize Cantonese, though, but 'Zea' and whatever else they were using were definitely supposed to be the Cantonese reading of the kanji that make up their name.

Oddly enough, Sora's name was left as 'Sora' >.o; in Cantonese, his name would be read 'Chohlien' or that's as closely as I can romanize it.
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

Tsukasa wrote:The interview thing would be really cool. Maybe we can gather some questions together on the board to hand over to him. Perhaps you could even ask Landale to join us. We'd be happy to have him here.
I'll go bug him tomorrow. ^o^; The only question I want answered is, "Ms. Rawlins, in episode 22, a silver haired guy named Balmung appears... did you think he's cu~ute?"
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."