MSBlaster

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Spike Spiegal
Player Character

MSBlaster

Post by Spike Spiegal »

Darn MSblaster, i got it, patched it, then it was still there. so i did some searching on my computer and i finally found out how to delete it:

Click the start bar and hit run. Then type in C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch amd delete MSBLAST.EXE-IC3A3376, or something like it. then go back to run and type in C:\WINDOWS\system32 and delete msblast.exe after looking in a long list of programs and files. Empty your Recycle bin and Voila! Your computer SHOULD be fixed.

If you're nice, you'd tell your friends and family about this and how to fix it by an email or printing this out and sending it to people. or maybe someone could print it out, copy it alot and post it up all over their town.

Hope this helps

kthxbai

Edit: oh and the funny this is that if you can't delete it, you can always turn it off with Task Manager. Who ever heard of a virus you can turn off?
Guynietoren
Player Character

Post by Guynietoren »

It's not the 16th yet. My school servers(quite expensive ones) got a worm on the 12th. They say it wasn't the MSBlaster, but a mutation of it. Copycat viring is the last thing we all need.

You can avoid some viruses by turning off the auto-exec function on your browser. But I hear worms work differently, almost like an AI that looks for servers w/o proper security systems.
.:Guynie:.
Asmaria
Player Character

Post by Asmaria »

*delurks* o_o; I think that the patch only is to prevent you from getting the worm. If you already have it, thats a different problem entirely. *goes back to lurking*
Durhi - Retarded puchiguso
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Actually, the virus also drops stuff into your registry. I normally don't recommend registry diving, so... That's why I posted the Symantec link in my announcement on the subject. They have a fix for the virus posted on their site. All the information you need is in there, and you can take care of it that way.

There's no need to discuss it on this board, as this isn't 'virus discussion'... even if virii are somewhat related to .hack. n.n;; Nevertheless...

That's part of the purpose to the announcement post. ^_^

Game on!
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.