.hack//gift (warning: Very scary)

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
K.K.C.
Lowbie

.hack//gift (warning: Very scary)

Post by K.K.C. »

Ok, I didnt really know where to put this thread, but I hope this is a good place. A friend of mine sent this to me. From what she said, its supposed to be something for the fans of .hack. Well, im a fan, but I dont really like this... If anyone has any info about this... Please, do tell.

http://wai-stuff.sandwich.net/miscellan ... gift02.jpg

If a thread like this has already been shown... sorry, i couldnt find it.
"Well, Im always Just myself!" - Crim

Please check out my site. Crimson Lightning: a shrine to Crim. ^_^ Hes so cute.
http://www.geocities.com/Crimlightning/
Ender

Post by Ender »

I don't know... it just looks like a fairly typical piece of fan-art to me. And I don't really see anything particularly scare about it, but indeed the picture does seem rather odd.

I looked quickly around other parts of the site, at least what I could find my way into, and it just looks to be the site of someone who does your standard fan-art pieces.

I doubt that that particular picture means anything special. Though, I wouldn't mind knowing what it says...
Jerec
Player Character

Post by Jerec »

Sorry to say this, but we were all shown that awhile.

Prepare for an onslaught of posts similar to mine.
** Leader of The Chaos Chambers @ Aniverse
** President of the Republic of Antarticanistanicalandiaesicorean
** Hang Gliding Enthusiast!
Cobweb
Player Character

Post by Cobweb »

Hey, K.K.C. Instead of listening to the inevitable posters who will cluster around you like flies, try reading Reki's Announcements. He's got at least two on GIFT, including the second page of the image you saw.
No shame.
"You don't have to be a house to be haunted." - Emily Dickinson
Kite
Lugnut Mod

Post by Kite »

Ender wrote:I don't know... it just looks like a fairly typical piece of fan-art to me. And I don't really see anything particularly scare about it, but indeed the picture does seem rather odd.

I looked quickly around other parts of the site, at least what I could find my way into, and it just looks to be the site of someone who does your standard fan-art pieces.

I doubt that that particular picture means anything special. Though, I wouldn't mind knowing what it says...
The person does alot of fanart, but the gift pictures are scans from .hack//The World 2

I will say that GIFT (the title of the .hack//GIFT 'episode') is dementedly evil.
Come with me in the twilight of a summer night for awhile
Tell me of a story never ever told in the past
Hiro
Player Character

Post by Hiro »

Just some fan-art.
Why you say it's scary?
^By Me.
Kite
Lugnut Mod

Post by Kite »

Hiro wrote:Just some fan-art.
Why you say it's scary?
No hon... that particular JPG (the source of this thread) is not fan art. It's the special animated short by Cyberconnect to thank people for having purchased all four installments of the game.

GIFT is quite.... insane... be afraid. The plot will be them trying to solve a murder mystery while looking for some mysterious outdoor hot spring bath. It's... very warped.

The US release of .hack//GIFT - well all I know is that it will be released somehow (just not as a send-away like in Japan).
Come with me in the twilight of a summer night for awhile
Tell me of a story never ever told in the past
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

Nice "gift." Oh well, looks like Picasso. Kewliez. <3
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

Yesiree. This here's a reminder post.

Please, guys, read the announcements? Reki works really hard on his section and he gets a little dismayed when it looks like people don't pay attention.

So if you want some official information, try checking there first.

As far as .hack//GIFT, I know he's working on a writeup for that for a future announcement.
----------------------------------
"Sora KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!"

Don't hate me because I'm l337iful ;_;
Hiro
Player Character

Post by Hiro »

Kite wrote:
Hiro wrote:Just some fan-art.
Why you say it's scary?
No hon... that particular JPG (the source of this thread) is not fan art. It's the special animated short by Cyberconnect to thank people for having purchased all four installments of the game.

GIFT is quite.... insane... be afraid. The plot will be them trying to solve a murder mystery while looking for some mysterious outdoor hot spring bath. It's... very warped.

The US release of .hack//GIFT - well all I know is that it will be released somehow (just not as a send-away like in Japan).
Oh I see now,sry,I never heard about it.
^By Me.
Rubedo
Legend

Post by Rubedo »

Sora wrote:Please, guys, read the announcements? Reki works really hard on his section and he gets a little dismayed when it looks like people don't pay attention.
I always read the announcements. And I quite enjoy reading them, as well. Oh! And, if you could Sora, could you please tell Reki to keep up the good work for me?
"That misty night, that dismal moon. The dead search for their kin.
While angels sing, in endless dark. The dead seek out sin."

"The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh"
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

Tell Reki to make Yaoi w/Balmung too. T_T
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
Nips
Player Character

Post by Nips »

...I get pretty excited when Reki posts... He usually has lots of stuff to say and posts in a fashion that keeps everything interesting. I'm not alone here... Right? >_>

*coughs*

Anyway... I'm really looking forward to GIFT. So what if it looks like the characters were designed by someone on crack? Just thinking about .hack characters looking like that makes me smile. A couple screenshots had me laughing for days. What can a whole episode do to me? I don't see how any person could not want to watch it... It's a masterpiece, I say! Random fun has never been a taboo in my book.
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Nips wrote:...I get pretty excited when Reki posts... He usually has lots of stuff to say and posts in a fashion that keeps everything interesting. I'm not alone here... Right? >_>
I'm with you on that.
Anyway... I'm really looking forward to GIFT. So what if it looks like the characters were designed by someone on crack? Just thinking about .hack characters looking like that makes me smile. A couple screenshots had me laughing for days. What can a whole episode do to me? I don't see how any person could not want to watch it... It's a masterpiece, I say! Random fun has never been a taboo in my book.
I'm interested in seeing Gift.... but i'm afraid of going insane from how crazy it may be... or maybe it's storyline will be as awful as its art.
Bear & Orca look like big dumb apes...sort of a Donkey Kong-ish fashion. XD
Although, if anyone looks the most amusing to me, I must say that it's Mia. Her ears look crazy!
Nips
Player Character

Post by Nips »

I'm interested in seeing Gift.... but i'm afraid of going insane from how crazy it may be... or maybe it's storyline will be as awful as its art.

From what Kite said, I'd say that the storyline is very... Original. ^_^;
Bear & Orca look like big dumb apes...sort of a Donkey Kong-ish fashion. XD
Although, if anyone looks the most amusing to me, I must say that it's Mia. Her ears look crazy!
You're telling me! Until people started commenting on him, I thought that Balmung was a bag lady. XD

But that Subaru... She's a real charmer, eh? I love that hair. ;D