I have a question...

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Castalia

I have a question...

Post by Castalia »

What is the song in the fourth-last episode of .hack//SIGN (The Eve) that is at the end of the episode and starts about when they start entering Helba's gate? I thought it might be "Beautiful", but I had the lyrics to that song in front of me, and it didn't seem to match. So do you guys know?
Cobweb
Player Character

Post by Cobweb »

It's called "Thousand Night One Night" (although the *exact* name was under dispute not so long ago ... can't find the thread). Apparently, it also serves as the opening theme for LIMINALITY, which is the soundtrack where it can be found. (If anyone remembers the old thread where people obsessively translated the Japanese name for this song, do post it here for Castalia).
Last edited by Cobweb on Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You don't have to be a house to be haunted." - Emily Dickinson
Dark Orb
Player Character

Post by Dark Orb »

I dont know the thread but I know on the american released Liminality OST it is called "A Thousand and One Nights"
"If your strong you live, if your weak you die"
-Shishio
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

http://dothack.info/forum/viewtopic.php ... 669417b938
This is the thread...like Dark Orb said...although the Japanese translation can vary, the official translation from Bandai and CC2 is ''A Thousand and One Nights.''
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
Castalia

Post by Castalia »

Thanks, guys. :)

*coughs* ...you guys wouldn't happen to know where I could get an mp3 of this song, would you? o_o;
Baka Deshi
Lowbie

Post by Baka Deshi »

Sorry, but you can't give ask for illegal stuff. Buy it I guess. I can tell you if [Edited by Bear: No.]
"Even Physical Pain Comes From The Mind."
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

no you can't. Actually i can't stop you, but i would reccomend buying the OST's.
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Castalia

Post by Castalia »

I would buy this CD, but I don't particularly like any of the other songs on it, and plus I'm impatient. I'm planning on getting all of the .hack//SIGN OSTs, but I still have a bunch of .hack//SIGN mp3s.
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Castelia, please make it a point to read the announcements. It is a required rule on this board. This is where I posted the thread that I am about to quote. ^_^

(Plus, it's important to Reki that he knows people are reading the posts he worked so hard on.)

Thank you. ^^
This is not the place for it. I do not want to see it. I don't think the other mods want to see it either. It is illegal and it is known as piracy. I will not allow it happen here, and any posts about such topics will be deleted without warning. This is serious, mind you... Because we are on the good graces of anime companies, that we are even allowed the generosity of having fansubs in the United States. If they decide they don't like it, they can start sending seist and desists to these fansubbers as well... But they look over it because technically, it's not doing them any harm. It's promoting a series they have in Japan.

However... Companies in the US are different. These are people who are paying large amounts of money to bring a series out in the US for the general American public to view at their own leisure. Some of these companies are even making an effort to put some of what we're getting on the big screen.

If you pirate anime from them, you are taking money away from the company, and making it that much harder to bring other things to the US. By this, you are hurting the anime industry in the United States.

Sorry for the lecture, but this is one I've heard a long time ago, and I want to see more new series make it stateside. I don't want to lose these good graces... especially the good graces that we have through Bandai and Cyberconnect to treat the fans as nicely as they do (The Japanese CC webpage actually posts fanart. There are not many companies that do that, now are there? n.n).

Let's keep the fan community going strong, and keep the commercial support for it strong. Thank you.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

(Off topic side note: Hey, our Peanut Butter Mod has a sig consisting of Ordinary World, one of my favorite DDR songs!)

I personally find it odd that all of these Liminality songs appear in Sign... *shrugs* Better rewatch the episode, because I seriously do NOT recall "A Thousand and One Nights" playing...
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.
YashaOokami
Legend

Post by YashaOokami »

It's episode 20 something,but I know it comes before the episode "Net Slum" and they play that song towards the very end,when the group is heading off to Net Slum.
"True strength comes with time..through presistent training!!"-Ouka,Vol. 2
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

I personally find it odd that all of these Liminality songs appear in Sign... *shrugs* Better rewatch the episode, because I seriously do NOT recall "A Thousand and One Nights" playing...
... too bad it DID play. :roll:

And Beatiful... Beatiful is the name of a .hack//UdeDen song. Why the 324o08r9wsfkjl;fjl;sdf would it be playing in .hack//sign? I mean, they ONLY had different composers. :roll:
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

YashaOokami wrote:It's episode 20 something,but I know it comes before the episode "Net Slum" and they play that song towards the very end,when the group is heading off to Net Slum.
I'm pretty sure it's Episode 23 that the song plays in. n.n
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Wavemaster Minka
Player Character

Post by Wavemaster Minka »

It most definitly played. ^_______^;
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

Wavemaster Minka wrote:
It most definitly played. ^_______^;
... yeah, we established that.
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."