WOO HOO!!!!!!1

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

WOO HOO!!!!!!1

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Barnes and Nobel just called....they got my order of the .hack//dusk and FLCL manga! :D :D However, i've yet to pick it up......
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Xebexz
Player Character

Post by Xebexz »

Ermm, congratualtions, but this post.. It's got nowhere to go now, aside.. well.. congratualations. x.x;;
"Hey Mr. Wonderful oh you're so incredible, hey Mr. Wonderful, a miracle to me." --DDR, Smile .dk
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Congrats..... I envy you... *sobs* I want more manga.
Dark770
Player Character

Post by Dark770 »

. good job :) but how did you get it i can't find it :(
Balmung
... sasuga watashi.

Post by Balmung »

Apparently our vendor has just received its shipment as well. We should be getting them tomorrow. Can't go wrong for $8.00. *grins*
711224 11111224 11125 2 83212 711224 111112554 420 170 42112 711224 11111224 11125177 711224 11125 43
Dark770
Player Character

Post by Dark770 »

gamstops getting them 9/9/03 :)
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

Unfortunately the B&N here is still under construction... Guess i'll go check Walden Books or the local comic shop (who should have it if they know whats good for them). Like I said somewhere else...It'll prolly be the 10 or 11th before i find it here.... oh well, the point of this post was this... Congratulations The Dude!
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Xebexz wrote:Ermm, congratualtions, but this post.. It's got nowhere to go now, aside.. well.. congratualations. x.x;;
correction, once i get it tonight (10:00 P.M) i can look for things that have changed and new things and stuff. And don't post something like that because that would be useless chatting as in the other thread when he asked about the suits....lord i hate the //sign opening now...

EDIT: Got it now! Ok, first thing's first, the title: .hack//legend of the twilight. Damn, missed the most important part! we open it and see the title page and pinup, and contents. ::read, read, read:: Shugo is still named Shugo, Rena is Rena. However, Mireille calls their skins their avatars. ::reads on:: Rena calls Shugo big bro (thank god it's not oni-chan!) Login 0 ends. Login 1 page shows Orca in a thong, not short-shorts, and Hotaru. (yes Orca, not the comatose one, but they changed Ouka's name to Orca. X.X) under the character description it says she's so powerful that she's known as "Orca, the divine fist" It also says that Balmung was "A player that was formerly know as a "Decendant of Fianna"" Formerly? It also says that he's a Mod. for CC corp. ::reads on:: Shows them in Mac Anu, for Shugo's POV. We see what looks like Gardinia, Moonstone, Tsukasa, and Mistral. Nothing interesting, nothing interesting, ooh, shows Shugo staring in at Rena's get up. "Do you have to wear such a skimpy outfit?" Damn, have to leave the net now, I'll try and finish this tommorow.
Nips
Player Character

Post by Nips »

Orca!? *implodes* How could they? There's definitely going to be some confusion/disappointment over that. Especially since most MMPORPGs don't let you have a screen name that's already taken. And Ouka sounds cooler. >_>

Did you hafta say "Orca in a thong" before you explained it? I got bad mental images... *twitch*
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

Orca/ 0.o

So Ouka-Orca is like Mimika-Mimiru? Xb
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

*facepalms*

I was afraid that would happen.

Ouka -could- be mistranslated as 'Orca' if the people translating at NO FSCKING IDEA OF WHAT THEY WERE DOING. 'Ouka' is more than likely a play off of 'Ookami' which is 'wolf' in Japanese. They'd do better to call her 'Ohka'.

The long 'o' can be, sometimes by mistake, translated to an 'r' sound. Orca's name in the games is 'o-ru-ka', giving it a more definite 'r' sound. 'Ouka', however, simply has an implied 'r' sound, which the translaters decided to use.

Ugh. -UGH-. That's annoying.

As far as calling it 'Legend of the Twilight', however, that's because 'Legend of the Twilight Bracelet' wouldn't actually fit well on the cover of the manga >_>;
----------------------------------
"Sora KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!"

Don't hate me because I'm l337iful ;_;
thedudewhosadude
Legend

The mystery of Ouka/Orca is finally solved! I read the rest of the manga last night, and after a long scene with Orca/Ouka in wolf form, she talks (as a wolf) and transforms into her 'natural' self. Shugo asks if that's another type of player, and she says that she got it from an expansion package for "The World". There are many requirements to get that 'career' as they call it, and only high level characters can get it. Ah, and at the end is some funny stuff. A strip long comic starts with Shugo 'going super sayin', or at least that's what it looks like. Then Balmung says, "Gah! Kite's energy is maxed out! Maximum Data Drain!" Shows a crazed Kite, "Justice! KILL!" And that's it. Then there's two vertical strips, the first one with Mia saying, "It's a FACT!" Next panel "I'm the queen of misspellings. I'm always so ashamed when I read over my work." Shows a cat looking at a paper. "Aw, snap! I can't believe I spelled 'booty' with a 'u!'" "But what i misspell the most is..." Next panel, shows that cat writing on a paper. Leigion of the TwiLite. Lejind of hte TwyLight. Legind of Tom Twyker. Legende of tha TwiLLite. "And if you think my spellings bad, you should see my sketeches!" (All spelling errors are intentional)
Last edited by thedudewhosadude on Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

Wait a minute...now I'm confised...above you said "Kite," Don't you mean Shugo? or does Kite actually show up? And how could they mess with Ouka's name...whats more how could they change it to Orca! Geez. Oh well, think I'll just take a sharpie, black out the ''r'' and change it ''u'' every time her name is mentioned.
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

nope. balmung calls him Kite.
Rubedo
Legend

Post by Rubedo »

Orca..... Orca? How could they mess up one of my favorite characters names. It's Ouka! (lazy translators)
"That misty night, that dismal moon. The dead search for their kin.
While angels sing, in endless dark. The dead seek out sin."

"The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh"