Fill out the Bandai Questionnaire for Part 4 in Oct!!!!!

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
RaveWinger
Player Character

Fill out the Bandai Questionnaire for Part 4 in Oct!!!!!

Post by RaveWinger »

For anyone who has the game be sure to open the booklet to the very back and to fill out the Questionnaire! One question is when you would like to see part 4 released and it gives you 1) ASAP 2)OCT 3) NOV 4)DEC 5) FEB 6)MAR 7) ANY TIME.

Also another question is: Would you purchase an oline version of .hack? yes___ no___.

I called someone I know who works with Bandai and he says they are really going to take to heart the questionnaire they get back in the mail. So we could see part 4 in Oct and an online .hack game which is in R&D pending in japan.... Believe me or not be sure to fill in the questionnaire for the good of .hack!

P.S tell your friends to also fill it out if they dont post here.
Xander: Okay, this is really starting to grate my cheese. These woods aren't that big. Now, I know we've been going straight because I've been following the North Star.
Willow: Xander. That's not the North Star. It's an airplane.
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

Keep in mind that, while Bandai in America may read and listen to what the questionnaire says, there isn't always the option to release things so quickly. Production holdups, advertising, and other such factors that go into game releases can greatly affect release dates. There may have been a problem in communication with the programmers in Japan when they were working on the conversion, or other things that held them back.

So yes, they always take them into consideration, but they may have their hands tied so far as what they can and cannot do.
----------------------------------
"Sora KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!"

Don't hate me because I'm l337iful ;_;
CRtwenty
Legend

Post by CRtwenty »

I've asked them in the all the questionaire's I've gotten to do a translation of the .hack novels... and have the listened to me? No... have they even acknowledged the existence of the novels? No... so I have very little faith in this...
"Hark he of Fair eyes, I am CRtwenty of the Azure Keyboard!"
ThePhoenix
Lowbie

Post by ThePhoenix »

CRtwenty, I highly doubt they would take the time to write up a complete letter detailing you on what the cituation is on the novels.
They wouldn't take even a little bit of time just to answer YOUR personal questions, if they did write a letter answering everyone's questions it would take a very, very, very long time and im afraid they do not have much time to spare at all, what with getting the animes up, the novels translated, and the games still being changed and fixed up, including reading all of those little questionairs, it would be a very tight schedual with little to no extra time.
If you talked about them, they know about them and that is that.
A comatose huh?
sounds a bit fishy to meee....
Xebexz
Player Character

Post by Xebexz »

ThePhoenix wrote:CRtwenty, I highly doubt they would take the time to write up a complete letter detailing you on what the cituation is on the novels.
They wouldn't take even a little bit of time just to answer YOUR personal questions, if they did write a letter answering everyone's questions it would take a very, very, very long time and im afraid they do not have much time to spare at all, what with getting the animes up, the novels translated, and the games still being changed and fixed up, including reading all of those little questionairs, it would be a very tight schedual with little to no extra time.
If you talked about them, they know about them and that is that.
You have very little knowledge to say that in the first place, as, surprisignly enoughm Bandai replies to e-mails/letters quickly if you know who to e-mail and how to word it, inseatd of saying:

'Whdsdyfu dont yout fix the series and mamke ish better peopel at banfai?????;

..As many people do. -_-

On another note, I didn't know Bandai owned the novels. x.x;;
"Hey Mr. Wonderful oh you're so incredible, hey Mr. Wonderful, a miracle to me." --DDR, Smile .dk
ThePhoenix
Lowbie

Post by ThePhoenix »

really?
hmm, they must have their own little "answering people's questions" depatrment ^_^;;

yea, bandai owns the rights to the series, along with many other corporations.
A comatose huh?
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

Bandai is not currently translating the novels, and the games are done being tested/fixed and are in the process of being made ready for marketing. I know that .hack//Udeden is in production, and the manga is being translated by Tokyopop, but nobody is doing the novels.

As has been said many times, it is highly unlikely that you will have translations of the novels here in America. They're too difficult to do, frankly, and nobody is willing to put forth that effort (since they're busy with OTHER things).

ThePhoenix
Lowbie

Post by ThePhoenix »

lazy bastards!
IF YOU CAN TRANSLATE FOUR DIFFRENT LONG GAMES, YOU CAN TRANSLATE A SIMPLE NOVEL! NOW GET TO WORK!!! *takes out slave whip* >_<

i really want them to get those novels to america since i have very rusty japanese and it is also very bad, so i dont think i would be able to do it...

lots of people i know probably would be able to translate them, but it would be an internet page... >_<
A comatose huh?
Bear
Mr. Flibble's Very Cross

Post by Bear »

I know you're mostly joking here, but as a linguist, let me say:

No.[tm]

Translating novelized prose is much more difficult than translating game dialogue, especially when the two languages involved are from completely different language families. Someone who speaks both languages could certainly translate the gist of it, but you're not going to get anywhere near publication-quality without a professional translator or similar detail freak.

Sorry. ^_^;
RaveWinger
Player Character

Post by RaveWinger »

Yes, but why would they waste everyones time/money/print if they could not get it out by Oct? Maybe its just there way of saying thanks for us the buyers for keeping part one and two on the top 20 best selling video games list for the few past months? I have a REAL good feeling they have the game done and are for some reason or another just keeping them a few months from eachother. Oh well maybe they will get it out by Dec? And Im really looking forward to at least seeing these "plans" they have in R&D for an actual .hack online game.
Xander: Okay, this is really starting to grate my cheese. These woods aren't that big. Now, I know we've been going straight because I've been following the North Star.
Willow: Xander. That's not the North Star. It's an airplane.
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

Likely, those things were printed before they pushed back the release date.

You have to understand, whatever your reponses are as far as the release dates are concerned are too late in coming for them to change the release of the next game. More than likely, that information is used to determine how to release upcoming games, and to see if their marketing plan worked. If you're still anticipating the next game after the third one, then it means things are working.

I'm still very pessimistic in regards to there being an MMORPG of The World. Generally what the creators of the series say is the final word, until they change their minds.

Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Take in mind, I believe someone asked Bandai about The World MMORPG at Anime Expo. While they showed a response, I don't think there was really much interest in it right then.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

From another post...
I spoke to a Bandai employee in the game division today, asking her about how the questionnaires are recieved. They get them, and they read them, and then they put the results into a spreadsheet and submit that to their superiors.

Keep in mind, this is Bandai USA, and even if they wanted to change stuff, they can't always do it if the higher ups in Bandai Japan say no.

She also said that, as far as an MMORPG, they can have overwhelming support from the fans for something like that, but if the money isn't there to fund it, it just won't happen.
And more and more I find the common excuse for some game company's lack of respose to what people want to be true.. that being,

'Japan is lame.'

Invisible Egg!
Legend

Post by Invisible Egg! »

"Japan is lame"? I love it! :lol:
ThePhoenix
Lowbie

Post by ThePhoenix »

couldnt have said it better myself...

im sure nearly everyone would want The World to be a true MMORPG, but im almost certain nothing will come of it.. :(
A comatose huh?