.hack//legend of the twilight

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
gatehacker9
Lowbie

Post by gatehacker9 »

Dos anybody know when the next //legend of the twilight is coming out. I just got the 1st book. I read it in 2 hours, and I loved it! :mrgreen: Does anyone have any info?
Be like a squirell, silent with big nuts!!!
Balmung
... sasuga watashi.

Post by Balmung »

If Tpop doesn't have the info on their site, other online stores that have it for pre-order should have some rough release date.
711224 11111224 11125 2 83212 711224 111112554 420 170 42112 711224 11111224 11125177 711224 11125 43
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

I heard it was gonna be sometime in May.... But I'm not exactly sure thats true...
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
Aura_hack
Lowbie

Post by Aura_hack »

.Hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet, Vol. 2 comes out in December.

--Vol 2 cover--
Village Idiot

Post by Village Idiot »

Yup December, where there's supposedly to be an //AI Buster preview in it as well :)

Heh, maybe if Tokyopop keeps it in it might be a sign that the novels just might get translated and brought over?
Rubedo
Legend

Post by Rubedo »

Village Idiot wrote:Heh, maybe if Tokyopop keeps it in it might be a sign that the novels just might get translated and brought over?
That's just wishful thinking, Village Idiot. I really don't think that they would translate something like a japanese novel for the US. Seeing how it would just take to long, to do so.
"That misty night, that dismal moon. The dead search for their kin.
While angels sing, in endless dark. The dead seek out sin."

"The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh"
datadrained
Lowbie

Post by datadrained »

Like two other people said it's coming out in December.
SA-kun
Player Character

Post by SA-kun »

Rubedo wrote:
Village Idiot wrote:Heh, maybe if Tokyopop keeps it in it might be a sign that the novels just might get translated and brought over?
That's just wishful thinking, Village Idiot. I really don't think that they would translate something like a japanese novel for the US. Seeing how it would just take to long, to do so.
Um... Hello over there... Both Battle Royale and Ring are Japanese novels that have been translated into English and consequently published. I don't see why a publisher couldn't take the .hack novels and translate and publish them.
Rubedo
Legend

Post by Rubedo »

SA-kun wrote:Um... Hello over there... Both Battle Royale and Ring are Japanese novels that have been translated into English and consequently published. I don't see why a publisher couldn't take the .hack novels and translate and publish them.
Battle Royale isn't a novel. It is a manga series. There is a difference. And I haven't heard of the Ring, but seeing how you think Battle Royale, is a novel. The Ring is probably a manga as well.

Cronos
Player Character

Post by Cronos »

im pretty sure ring is manga
Im Nobody who are you?!
Are you nobody too!?
Then there is a pair of us dont tell!!
They'd banish us you know!!
CRtwenty
Legend

Post by CRtwenty »

Ring? Is that the book that Ringu was based on? Cause I'm pretty sure that was a novel, not a manga... though there was a manga written later based on the movie, I think.
"Hark he of Fair eyes, I am CRtwenty of the Azure Keyboard!"
Cronos
Player Character

Post by Cronos »

o so it is a novel i guess "or are we still not sure?''
Im Nobody who are you?!
Are you nobody too!?
Then there is a pair of us dont tell!!
They'd banish us you know!!
SA-kun
Player Character

Post by SA-kun »

Rubedo wrote:
SA-kun wrote:Um... Hello over there... Both Battle Royale and Ring are Japanese novels that have been translated into English and consequently published. I don't see why a publisher couldn't take the .hack novels and translate and publish them.
Battle Royale isn't a novel. It is a manga series. There is a difference. And I haven't heard of the Ring, but seeing how you think Battle Royale, is a novel. The Ring is probably a manga as well.
Oh ye of little faith. Here I present an excerpt from each.

Excerpt from Battle Royale
He shrugged. "I'm just telling you how I feel." Then he said, "Shuya's a lucky guy."

She looked over at him. "Hm?"

"Lucky that someone loves him this much."

She smiled just a little. "You got it wrong."

"What?"

"It's unrequited. Shuya likes someone else. I'm nothing compared to her."

"...really?"

She looked down and nodded. "She's really awesome. I don't know how to describe her. She's so strong and beautiful. I'm jealous, but I can understand why he's attracted to her."

Excerpt from Ring
The tape had been rewound. It wan an ordinary 120 minute tape, the sort you could get anywhere, and, as the manager had pointed out, the anti-erasure tabs had been broken off. Asakawa turned on the VCR and pushed the tape into the slot. He sat down cross-legged right in front of the screen and pushed play. He heard the capstans start to turn. He had high hopes that the key to unlock the riddle of four people's deads was hidden on this tape. He'd pushed play fully intending to be satisfied with just a clue, any clue. There can't be any danger, he was thinking. What harm could come from just watching a videotape?

Battle Royale and Ring are both indeed manga. The BR novel was translated and published by Viz. The Ring novel was translated and published by Vertical, Inc. The Ring manga that was done as a movie tie-in is the version that has been acquired by Dark Horse and will be published here soon. (There is a faithful manga adaption of the novel available, but not stateside.)

EDIT: In an attempt to bring this back at least somewhat closer to .hack...

As you can see, there ARE companies out there that are willing to translate and publish Japanese books stateside. I see no problem in bringing the .hack books here if there is a company that is willing to put the work into it as Viz has done with Battle Royale and Vertical, Inc. has done with Ring.
Rubedo
Legend

Post by Rubedo »

Could you please be more clearer in what you mean, next time, SA-kun? So, this doesn't happen again. ^^;;

But anyway. I wasn't talking about some other company doing the translation for the novels. I was referring to Tokyopop.

SA-kun
Player Character

Post by SA-kun »

Rubedo wrote:Could you please be more clearer in what you mean, next time, SA-kun? So, this doesn't happen again. ^^;;

But anyway. I wasn't talking about some other company doing the translation for the novels. I was referring to Tokyopop.
Personally, I don't really see how much clearer I could have gotten.

And, thinking about it now, well, Tokyopop certainly could do the .hack books if they wanted to. They've released books before.

Well, okay, not translated, but still! They've done books.