Psychodynamics Topic Number 2 [Spoiler-filled obviously]

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
MeultimaSama
Player Character

Psychodynamics Topic Number 2 [Spoiler-filled obviously]

Post by MeultimaSama »

Into the depths of the mind that makes everyone's favourite PKer, Sora, tick.

Now, here's what we know.

He appears to have loooooooooots of free time.
He's a 4th grader, which means he's seven. (Jap school, remember?)
He seems to have quite some wits(In fact, several times compared to the online players I know *Eyeshift*).
He acts according to whim.

Now, what makes a seven-year old kid go after beautiful characters and to force them for their member addresses? Why does he help people and betray them at whim? Is he merely a simple-minded fool, a roleplayer who goes by his own book, or something far deeper?

For another thing, Sora is probably born in a well-to-do family, being able to nearly continuously play The World. And for all that time, he must probably be doing rather OK at least in school. I mean, if he got red marks, I seriously doubt his parents would continue letting him subscribe to the services of CC Corp. This brings to mind that he was a person with a high intelligence ratio. Play play play, and nearly no studying. Boy, I wish I could do that. ~_~;

Aside from that, he's obviously an antisocial. Introvert? Maaaaaaaaybe.
Not likely, anyhow. Perhaps he doesn't have many friends in real life. Heck, he might be even hounded by bullies or something, thus not wanting to spend time outside. He's probably really pale-skinned after spending so much time indoors, of course.

Why does he hunt for member addresses? His lack of friends. And perhaps the way others treat him was why he PKs. After all, it's just a game. He PKs. You restart. He gets a new friend. Kinda. Probably not a bad deal in his opinion. And I'd bet that while he was enjoying all that manipulating, deep inside he was feeling all nice being able to have what he thought was 'friends'.

This psychodynamics analysation was brought to you by the dementedly bored mind of Albedo Simeon. Thank you for reading, do comment and show your opinion, and have a nice day. BOING! *Jumps out of topic while Bridge 05 plays*
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

Clearly's he's an insecure little boy who has yet to grow up.

... Fin.
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
Spike Spiegal
Player Character

Post by Spike Spiegal »

Do you know for a fact Sora goes/went to a Japanese school?
CRtwenty
Legend

Post by CRtwenty »

Yes... he had a Japanese School schedule in his room, so he probably went to a Japanese school...
"Hark he of Fair eyes, I am CRtwenty of the Azure Keyboard!"
SA-kun
Player Character

Re: Psychodynamics Topic Number 2 [Spoiler-filled obviously]

Post by SA-kun »

Albedo Simeon wrote:He's a 4th grader, which means he's seven. (Jap school, remember?)
That doesn't mean anything. The kids in the Digimon series have ages and grades that correspond with the American school system.
Robby-san
Player Character

Post by Robby-san »

They changed a lot of things for Digimon in the US. They allwase do, when they bring an anime to american tv. It's so little american kids can understand easyer. Just look at Sailor Moon, i've never heard of anything so edited for american tv.
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

That's true. Considering how "well" dubbed Digimon was, they could've just changed their names so they wouldn't be confused on why such a young kid was in the fourth grade.

But, eh, I doubt a 7 year old would be that smart... Sora did tend to know things that I wouldn't even think about now... @.@
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

People who are smart and cynical @ young age... means that something bad happened to them when they were younger.

For my and Sora's sake, I'll leave it at that.
MeultimaSama
Player Character

Post by MeultimaSama »

Rhyste wrote:People who are smart and cynical @ young age... means that something bad happened to them when they were younger.

For my and Sora's sake, I'll leave it at that.
Pfft. Don't you think you two are the only one. *Eyeshifts uneasily*
Invisible Egg!
Legend

Post by Invisible Egg! »

I was smart and cynical at a young age. Nothing bad happened to me, at least nothing that I haven't suppressed from my memory...

Maybe Sora has older siblings that got him into games?
Robby-san
Player Character

Post by Robby-san »

I thought a lot more when i was a child then i do now. I tryed to figure out how everything worked. Now im just too lazy to care. I never had a truely bad experiance it's just the way i was. :D
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

I think what you're refering to is the theory that young children with no real hobbies & get made fun of, tend to use the computer a lot to escape the troubles of real life; thus having experience & more knowlege(sp?) of it; but that theory isn't too stable upon beleif, since it seems kind of odd..
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

fft. Don't you think you two are the only one. *Eyeshifts uneasily*
Never said so.

Just making an observation, seeing as how we really don't know anything but Sora's home life, making anything fair game.
RaveWinger
Player Character

Post by RaveWinger »

Yes Sora is cool and all.....but who in the heck is throwing around the word Psychodynamics on a 'net game board! lol Im sorry but this site scares me sometimes!

Quick the Psychodynamics of Daffy Duck... :idea: :idea: :idea:
Xander: Okay, this is really starting to grate my cheese. These woods aren't that big. Now, I know we've been going straight because I've been following the North Star.
Willow: Xander. That's not the North Star. It's an airplane.
FireDraconian
Legend

Post by FireDraconian »

I know. *gasp!* Serious players! People who watch cartoons and play video games actually know stuff! How frightening... ;)
"A friend... or perhaps, a foe. A meddler with a warning." -Helba, .hack//Infection