.hack//SIGN Intro

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
pastorbickley
Lowbie

.hack//SIGN Intro

Post by pastorbickley »

Well I remember reading some discussion about the intro SIGN, but I could'nt find it so here is a new thread ;) Someone thought that perhaps the dancing woman was a commercial for "The World." I have a problem with this because at the end of the into she is seen diving into...water, I guess...and then you see on the right side of the screen Aura. So what are your thought about this?
Gearhead
Player Character

Post by Gearhead »

Hmm.. personally.. I've often seen something vaguely reminescent of a shamanic ritual in that dance.. perhaps.. something just at the edges of my perception. I've long figured that the dancing woman is likely Helba.

As for diving into water.. much of the intro gives the impression of 'falling' into something, or diving into water.. perhaps an analogy to the concept of diving into 'cyberspace?'
~ Resident Voodoo Techie ~
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

Personally, I think that's supposed to be either Emma or Morgana.

Why? I have a lot of reasons, having both to do with canon information and speculation based on anime intros in general.

I'll have to share them later, though. This is a note for me to come back and let you have them when I can see straight x.x;
error
Player Character

Post by error »

Well... Morgana and Emma are NPCs. The dancing girl is in real life. I would think Helba, but Helba is a guy I.R.L. I think. If it could be a NPC, then most defently Morgana.
[The Adventures of Dane and Chase] <- Click the linkie, I dare you.
YashaOokami
Legend

Post by YashaOokami »

I agree that I thought that the dancing woman was Morgana.Just kinda seems that way ^^;;
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

I don't think there was any proof that Helba was a guy IRL >_> If so, remind me?

And Emma isn't an NPC, she was a real person, and since many people support the theory that Emma = Morgana (in a base sense) it would make sense that she would be both in the Game World and in the Real World.

Also, as it just came to mind, the juxtiposition of the Dancing Lady and Aura at the end of the opening is classic anime cliche of opposing sides. Morgana was opposed to Aura, in a sense, and so it would be logical for that to be.

Also, if you look at her clothing, it hardly looks like something you'd wear IRL, even if it's not something you would wear in the world. Going by symbolism, she's wearing the headset, to indicate she's in the Real World, but she's also dancing around in what looks like cyberspace in some cyber-like clothes, which would indicate the heavy ties to the internet.
Asmaria
Player Character

Post by Asmaria »

@_@ Sora, your depth of thought always manages to make my head hurt! ;P But I never really thought of it that way o_o I always thought she was Helba too, but meep! Now I have more to think about! @_@
Durhi - Retarded puchiguso
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

"Also, if you look at her clothing, it hardly looks like something you'd wear IRL, even if it's not something you would wear in the world. Going by symbolism, she's wearing the headset, to indicate she's in the Real World, but she's also dancing around in what looks like cyberspace in some cyber-like clothes, which would indicate the heavy ties to the internet."
... "Liminality." :P

How is it that people tend to think automatically that it's Helba? x_o; That looks... nothing like Helba. Heck, even her breasts are... more bigger and bouncier than Helba's if you want to get that detailed.
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
error
Player Character

Post by error »

Sora wrote: And Emma isn't an NPC, she was a real person, and since many people support the theory that Emma = Morgana (in a base sense) it would make sense that she would be both in the Game World and in the Real World.
For some reason I put Emma instead of Aura. *slaps self*

Sorry, I don't recall the answer to this, but when did Emma die? After SIGN? Also, before she did die (if there was "The World" then) did she play "The World"?

Truthfully, I also point my finger at it being Morgana/Emma, but I don't know or have seen enough about her to even know.
[The Adventures of Dane and Chase] <- Click the linkie, I dare you.
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

... seeing as how Sora thinks that Emma = Morgana and I think Emma = Aura, and Morgana and Aura were both in The World in //SIGN... I'd say she was dead before Harold Hyuek programmed Fragments.

IMO, he tried to bring to the "inside" of the game, what he didn't have on the "outside" of the game; Emma Weilant... who was dead... and stuff...

..... OR MAYBE THERE'S SOME CRAZY COINCIDENCE THAT THE MINUTE TSUKASA AWOKEN AURA, EMMA DIED!!!!111

............ eh, nevermind. XD

BTW - we see this photograph of Emma in vol. 3 in one of the weird white rooms where weird crap happens: IE, the Teddy Bear Room in vol. 1. It's mostly covered by a Butterfly, but you can see that she didn't have long hair - if she did, it was up in some kind of bun in the photograph.
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
Asmaria
Player Character

Post by Asmaria »

The reason I had thought perhaps the diving woman was Helba, wasn't based on looks. Some characters look nothing like thier real world counterparts (like Sora, or Subaru for example). I think it was because being a hacker, and with the imagery of the person at the computer with the infared mouse, For some reason I thought that to be the hacker... Though looking back on it it doesn't have much reasoning there. ^_^;

And didn't they say in Liminality that Emma died during the creation of The World? Whether during planning or programming, wasn't it a car crash that did her in?
Durhi - Retarded puchiguso
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Asmaria wrote: And didn't they say in Liminality that Emma died during the creation of The World? Whether during planning or programming, wasn't it a car crash that did her in?
Pin pon. There's never a given date on Emma's death. The only reason you can 'think' that she died at the beginning of the games is because of the image of Harold at the gravestone in the beginning of Liminality 1. While it's fine and dandy, note that it was done in monochrome, which often times is an indication of being a flashback. n.n

However, that's just my opinion. We don't know dates. That's the thing. We can't assume anything about when something took place, because it's just nigh impossible without even a possible time frame of something occurring.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
.hack//A*STAR
Lowbie

Post by .hack//A*STAR »

I believe the girl/woman who is dancing must be the mysterious woman who put Tsukasa and then at the end of the series Sora into a Coma. It must have something to do with the creator of "The World" and an aquaintance of his, as seen in .hack//SIGN
.hack//A*STAR
Lowbie

Post by .hack//A*STAR »

Sora wrote:I don't think there was any proof that Helba was a guy IRL >_> If so, remind me?
Helba is a guy I think, well I think Bear states that, and so does Sora since apparently in .hack//SIGN sora knows Helba. I hope I am wrong. I wish tsukasa was a guy and Helba a woman....
Sora
Shaka Shaka Maraca

Post by Sora »

.hack//A*STAR, this is your second doublepost. I suggest you start fixing them and stop doing that ^^; please consider this a warning.

Also, the 'mysterious woman' is called 'Morgana'.

And since you've only seen the (bad) english subtitles of .hack//SIGN, I'll inform you that many times, the gender of characters was switched to the point that I can't take it with a grain of salt. Helba's player's gender remains a mystery, and likely, they want it that way. As they only referred to Helba in-game, they would be using in-game genders, which is why, even when they pretty much knew that Tsukasa was a girl, they pretty much continued to refer to him as a 'him' (though it's hard to tell in Japanese, if they don't use specific pronouns).

So, don't take anything the subs say literally. There's a large possibility it's incorrect ^^

Getting back on topic, the reason I don't believe it's Helba is because Helba had an even SMALLER role in the anime than Sora or Krim did, and considering they don't even get any recognition in the opening, I find it highly doubtful that she would. In the symbolic sense of anime openings, it makes no sense.