Comas

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
DMarx
Player Character

Comas

Post by DMarx »

I have just finished the .hack games. I have one question: What exactly is Morganna trying to accomplish by putting people into comas? How does this prevent Aura from being born?
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

Hmm..you know, I think that one theory is that most of them just got caught in the crossfire.

Tsukasa was a special case though...she was actually important to the awakening of Aura.
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.
Deimos
Player Character

Post by Deimos »

Some of them, such as Sieg and Alf, were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. They interrupted Skeith while he was chasing Aura, and I guess Skeith didn't want any witnesses.

Others were put into comas because they took actions that Morganna didn't like. Orca had the Book of Twilight, Sora covered Tsukasa's escape, and the CC Corp. employees under Lios were using Helba's vaccine program to herd the Wave.
MasterYata
Lowbie

Post by MasterYata »

Then what about Sora,does anybody else remember what Morganna said to him? "You've played this game far too long,Sora."

Why was he DD'ed? Because he played a game too long??
Your darkness has defeated you,your lifeline running backwards.
aura_Key_of_the_twilight
Player Character

Post by aura_Key_of_the_twilight »

He betrayed Morganna and helped Tsukasa escape.
"For sure..for sure I can return.
Dry
Lowbie

Post by Dry »

As far as people like Sieg and Alf...she didn't want any witnesses to go running around talking about strange stuff (like Skeith hunting Aura); the less interest her activities drew, the better. She probably also wanted to ensure that Aura didn't get a chance to interact with anyone and enlist any aid.
MasterYata
Lowbie

Post by MasterYata »

BTW,why did Orca get the Book of the Twilight?
Your darkness has defeated you,your lifeline running backwards.
mvrckbass
Legend

Post by mvrckbass »

because he was a skilled player whom she thought she could trust, and plus it was kinda of a coincedence, it was either Orca or a person that logged on 4 minutes ago

(corecct me if i'm wrong)
Deimos
Player Character

Post by Deimos »

Aura found out about Orca from information that she copied from Morganna. She decided that he was the kind of person who would try to save the World with the bracelet's power, and she entrusted her future to him. There was no coincidence; Aura was specifically searching for Orca. If he hadn't logged on when he did, Aura would probably have just kept running.
mvrckbass
Legend

Post by mvrckbass »

the area where u get the Book of Twilight, exactly how did u get to that area?

and it now would make sense that Aura would chose Orca. one thing still puzzles me, what about the part when Kite "recieves" the Book of Twilight.

who or what did that, Helba?,the Book?, or Aura?
Deimos
Player Character

Post by Deimos »

mvrckbass wrote:the area where u get the Book of Twilight, exactly how did u get to that area?
That area appears whenever you fight a Phase. It's a special area that you can't get to normally, like Aura's domain in SIGN. My guess is that it's just a place for the Phases to transport people when they want to have a fight without being interrupted. Either Skeith sent Kite and Orca there so he could kill them off, or Aura sent them there so she could hand out the book in secret. She's a part of the system like the Phases, so she might share that power.
mvrckbass wrote:and it now would make sense that Aura would chose Orca. one thing still puzzles me, what about the part when Kite "recieves" the Book of Twilight.

who or what did that, Helba?,the Book?, or Aura?
Going by the information in the Liminality extras, I'd say it was Aura who did that.
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

hmm, deimos, can u pls copy out the information says that it was Aura? ^_^ I don't have the Lim DVD

When did Kite recieve the book of Twilight? is it in Net-Slum or Navel of Lake?
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Deimos
Player Character

Post by Deimos »

BOOK OF TWILIGHT

When Morganna malfunctioned, she restricted Aura's power to rewrite data within "The World." Aura tried to give this power as an installation book to Orca in order to stop the malfunctioning of Morganna and trigger her own birth. However, Orca was Data Drained, and the book was given to Kite instead. It turned into the Bracelet after it was installed. Aura chose the form of the installation book, since installation books exist as a convenient form for editing character data.

Aura chose to entrust the future of both herself and "The World" to Orca, based on information that was copied from Morganna. After Orca was lost, she chose Kite since Orca sacrificed himself to save him.
It says Aura chose Kite, so I think it was her who sent the book to him. Kite got the book in Net Slum, after Helba teleported him there to save him from Skeith.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Yeah, Kite got the book at Net Slum, but he first opened it at the navel of the lake. He heard Aura there, and she told him to open it.
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.