Secret Item

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Hynwoo
Lowbie

Secret Item

Post by Hynwoo »

I heard there are many secret items but what is The Key Of Twilight?
Whats does it do?[/quote]
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

It's an item that's supposed to exist outside of the system, and give the bearer powers beyond that of the system. Or so hearsay claims. *shrugs*
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.
Lord~vega
Lowbie

Post by Lord~vega »

i herd that the key of the twhilight....is something that unlocks something greater then the power of the key...*looks around* i want the key
i will live for ever in your memories
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Well, the key is not what you think. The word 'Key' should not be taken literally. An example would be, The key to courage is determination. You see, [spoiler]the key of the twilight is actually Aura.[/spoiler]
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
En der
Legend

Post by En der »

just being safe...[spoiler]oic. But what is the actual purpose of Aura? Is she just an experiment or something? What does she do?[/spoiler]
*Insert line full of moral and wisdom*
(The name is ENDER!!!!)
Deimos
Player Character

Post by Deimos »

[spoiler]Aura is the Ultimate AI. Her "father," the programmer Harald Hoerwick, wanted to create an AI that could think like a human and feel the full range of human emotions. The AI would be a sort of tribute to the memory of the woman that he loved. Aura is the end result of his work. Her purpose was to be the daughter of Harald and his dead love, and to change the relationship between humans and computers.[/spoiler]
alucard
Player Character

Post by alucard »

Yes but more exactly, Aura was created to stop Morgana, the first attempt of Harold
In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen
Deimos
Player Character

Post by Deimos »

[spoiler]Morganna was never intended to become the Ultimate AI. Her purpose was to give birth to the Ultimate AI, nothing more. [/spoiler]
Flame Sage
Player Character

Post by Flame Sage »

[spoiler]Yes, and thats why Morgenta refused, did everything should could.. Because she relized that once aura was born, she would be deleted[/spoiler]
Grunty Farming List:
Noble Grunty: 5
If you could attack gruntys, I would have slaughtered all Noble Grunty's from the planet!
mvrckbass
Legend

Post by mvrckbass »

like Mia said in Infection "In order for something to be born, something must break" when Harald wanted Morganna and Aura to have human emotions, he got the full package which included "self preservation"

and exactly how would morganna help aura awaken?
is it like a mom bird and a chick and she "downloads information into Aura, then after words the chick would (delete) the mother?"
Deimos
Player Character

Post by Deimos »

[spoiler]Morganna was to collect information about negative human emotions using the Phases. When they had gathered enough information, Aura was supposed to Data Drain Morganna. Data Drain would delete Morganna and copy the data on emotions to Aura, triggering her birth as the Ultimate AI.[/spoiler]
mvrckbass
Legend

Post by mvrckbass »

o ok.

but how would aura data drain morganna if she is "omnipresent"?
Deimos
Player Character

Post by Deimos »

I don't know for sure. Maybe she was supposed to do it through the Phases, or perhaps being a part of the system allows her to affect omnipresent entities.
mvrckbass
Legend

Post by mvrckbass »

oh i see...

so even though morganna uses the phases to delete Aura she could just data drain them??

(seems unlikely because of plot loop hole, right?
En der
Legend

Post by En der »

Morganna may not be omnipresent. She could have a definite form somewhere like Aura in some unknown, inaccesable field. That way when Aura wakes up, she can just go to Morganna and Data Drain her.
*Insert line full of moral and wisdom*
(The name is ENDER!!!!)