Data Drain Thoughts...

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
MasterYata
Lowbie

Data Drain Thoughts...

Post by MasterYata »

how is Kite's DD weaker than that of the Phases?
I mean,if Aura was supposed to DD Morganna,wouldn't she have needed to have a strong DD too?
'Cuz Kite got Aura's DD ability with the Book of the Twilight,right?
Your darkness has defeated you,your lifeline running backwards.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Yes, but remember, Morganna is corrupted. The way harald originally made it was like this: Player-----Data Drained by----->Phases--------Data Collected by------->Morganna--------Data Drained by-------->Aura However, Morganna didn't want to be just a vessle, so she eliminated Auras ability to Data Drain. However, Aura somehow made her power into a book, The Twilight (yes, i checked in the game, it's simply "The Twilight" in your item list, until you install it, when it becomes "The Book of Twilight")
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
MasterYata
Lowbie

ok,but

Post by MasterYata »

Yes,I know about it being "The Twilight" in your item list,but it still doesn't make sense,WHY IS KITE'S DD WEAKER THAN THAT OF THE PHASES??? :?: :?: :?: :?:
mvrckbass
Legend

Post by mvrckbass »

its not weaker its just how he uses it.

he doesnt use it on players and the phases dont use it on monsters.

besides i thought the Phases just colledted data by where corrupted by morganna then THEN taught data drain. And that Aura originally knew it.
MasterYata
Lowbie

Post by MasterYata »

hmmmmm,that's true,but,

"What would happen if the boy were to perform Data Drain right here, right now?"

-----Helba,.Hack/Mutation

I don't think even Helba knows how strong Kite's DD is.
mvrckbass
Legend

Post by mvrckbass »

she knows other wise she wouldnt use him with Lios in order to defeat the wave. and plus u would see her give u more "tests"
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

mvrckbass, how can Helba know DD's true potential? even Helba knows she shouldnt dig too deep in the affairs of the World or she'll get DD'd or something, MasterYata, simple, the Phases are AIs that can naturally use Data Drain, it's their nature, while Kite is a human, now, an AI can be programmed with instructions of how to do things even Drain Heart cant do, and Kite and to learn everything on his own, there, that explains it ^_^
MasterYata
Lowbie

Post by MasterYata »

ok YamiJared,but...
Another question. Why did Harold want to create the Ultimate AI,if this was mentioned in the games, I don't know,'cause I pass out at my PS2 alot lol
and lets say the Phases did DD a monster,would it go down to Level 0? (I looked in my Ryu Books,a monster after it's been DD'ed is Level 0.) Or would it be deleted?
mvrckbass
Legend

Post by mvrckbass »

technically it wasnt mentioned in the games but in the DVD's with the games, he made the ultimate AI as a symbol for his love for Emma

i dont know how THAT would react, but the chances are unlikely because Monsters in the world dont have data on human emotions, plus Morganna might not allow it because most of the monsters have Virus Cores synchronized with them.
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

Most of the monsters, I thought it was only several, specific ones.
MasterYata
Lowbie

Post by MasterYata »

in one of the games it says that all monsters have virus cores on them,I think it's in the //Infection Helba Virus Cores E-mail.
mvrckbass
Legend

Post by mvrckbass »

also in quarentine easter eggs , most of them have virus cores, only few of them actually work and turn the monsters into data bugs
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

Paron me for asking, but what are easter eggs in a game?
mvrckbass
Legend

Post by mvrckbass »

the hidden stuff in the liminality DVD *usualy like go to data and press right then enter or sumthing*
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

Well, actually, I meant to say what did the phrase "easter egg" mean.