Are there Ultimate weapons???

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
DarkX

Are there Ultimate weapons???

Post by DarkX »

Ive been wondering if Kite gets an Ultimate Weapon..............or is there even an ultimate weapon????
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Well, considering this isn't Final Fantasy....no. He does however, get four upgrades to the bracelet: [spoiler]Drain Arc, Drain 2182 (or some odd number like that), Drain Heart, and The Bracelet of Twilight~Daybreak[/spoiler]
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
mvrckbass
Legend

Post by mvrckbass »

btw how did those upgrades occur? (what made them happen besides the bracelet of Twilight~Daybreak)
DarkX

Post by DarkX »

Spoiler.............

[spoiler]everytime u use datadrain its kinda like a exp bar when it reaches 100 u get something new or in this case when u use data drain acertain number of times u get a new skill to it [/spoiler]
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Well, yes, and no. You see, you can only get one 'upgrade' per game, except for ~Daybreak.
Deimos
Player Character

Post by Deimos »

The upgrades are obtained after the first Data Drain made in each new volume of the game. The bracelet shines and then Kite gets a new power. For example, Data Draining a monster in MUTATION gets you Drain Arc and Data Draining a monster in OUTBREAK lets you use 2128 Drain.
DarkX

Post by DarkX »

true and i only have just beaten outbreak and im savin up to get the final one.......i still have yet to do that red wand quest huh guess ill do that when i get home.....
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

I wouldn't consider the Bracelet a weapon of any sort... it really doesn't kill, nor fight; it only hacks into protected areas and rewrite data. Though, as mentioned, it does have its upgrades (regular DD, DD two or more monsters at a time, DD for the chance of getting a rare item, and DD two or more monsters for a chance of getting a rare item).

There aren't any "ultimate" weapons, but there are high leveled weapons. I think Tsukasa's Staff, Subaru's Axe, and Helba's 8 Wise Men are level 98/99. Those aren't the only high leveled weapons though. Maha's dungeon is one of the best places to Data Drain for not only good weapons, but good armor as well.
mvrckbass
Legend

Post by mvrckbass »

does it ever explain in the story why it ever evolves into doing more than one type of Data Drain?
Hiro
Player Character

Post by Hiro »

Sin of Hades is lv.99 for Twin Bladers.

[spoiler]Also after you finish the item thing,you get a exclusive rare weapon.[/spoiler][/spoiler]
^By Me.
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

mvrckbass wrote:does it ever explain in the story why it ever evolves into doing more than one type of Data Drain?
I don't think it's a story thing, just something to help you a bit in the game.
Deimos
Player Character

Post by Deimos »

Hiro wrote:[spoiler]Also after you finish the item thing,you get a exclusive rare weapon.[/spoiler]
No, you don't. You just get some new stuff for the desktop.
Hiro
Player Character

Post by Hiro »

I read on the board,and it said a weapon.
^By Me.
Deimos
Player Character

Post by Deimos »

Well, that's not true. I completed the quest myself and got only the desktop extras.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

You get all the .hack//sign-related videos (Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground Flashbacks) a wallpaper, and something else...(i think)