A little false..

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

well, those six beginning victims were the victims of japan alone, what about america? and Kite couldnt of seen all of the victims, could he? and by outbreak, hardly ANYONE is on, isnt it unlikely that Skeith would only attack the japanese servers? (by the way Ender, that was mean T.T)
Deimos
Player Character

Post by Deimos »

YamiJared wrote:well, those six beginning victims were the victims of japan alone, what about america?
Different countries use different servers. It's possible that the Phases never left the Japanese servers. And if they did attack players from other countries, would that make a difference either? Let's say there were 200 additional victims that nobody mentioned. Now just over a thousandth of one percent (0.001%) of the users are in comas. That's still a very small number.
and Kite couldnt of seen all of the victims, could he?
No, he only ran into a few. The Liminality extras tell us about the rest.
and by outbreak, hardly ANYONE is on, isnt it unlikely that Skeith would only attack the japanese servers?
Not really.[spoiler]Skeith's target from the beginning was Aura, who was trying to get in touch with Orca and give him the Book of Twilight. She would have to be on the Japanese server to find him, and since Skeith was chasing her, he would be there as well. Once Skeith dealt with Aura, there was only one threat to Morganna left: Kite. He plays on the Japanese server too, so the other Phases would have to remain there in order to attack him.[/spoiler]
Sepherioth
Player Character

Post by Sepherioth »

Deimos wrote:Assloads of coma victims? By my count, only 19 people fell into comas as a result of Data Drain. There were 6 victims when Kite's adventure began, and 13 more over the course of the games, including the 5 CC Corp. employees under Lios. 19 people isn't even a ten thousandth of one percent of the users. The absence of the comatose players would not make a noticeable difference.
They would have had to come across one of the phases and we dis cussed that if you figure it up it would be mabey 1 person per 100 fields
so they would have a hard time coming acroos them making it hard for them to get all of the poeple you would think comatose.
I shall name him squishy and he shall be mine, and he shall be my squishy.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

um....okay, i withdraw my case ^^;
En der
Legend

Post by En der »

this would've been great in Serious Discussion...
*Insert line full of moral and wisdom*
(The name is ENDER!!!!)
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

En der wrote: Wow, you really need to learn about MMORPGs...
Player characters range from the ages of 12-19, so half the time, they are at school :roll:
Nope, not true (at least in .hack, if your talking about some other MMORPG then that would be an off-topic post) Bear and Crim both play the game and they're both over 19. So is Silver Knight, BT and I'm sure others. Oh, and you can't forget about your pediphiles. :roll: It's true that most players are between the 12-19 age group, but not all of them, and even if they were, what's the first thing they'll want to do once they get home from school? Play 'The World' obcorse! Which means, BAM! 50,000 teenagers online all at once. (Well, we'll say 49,000 leaving out the prepy people who in or watching some school sports event, or some people who are doing there home work.) But still, it's a whole lot of people regardless of whether their teens or not. The age group would mean nothing if there are 20 million teens. 20 million is 20 millon no matter who they are. (Now I suppose if you cut class during school, which some people were doing, you'd find the servers were almost completely empty, but what I'm saying is that if everyone logged on at once there would be 50,000 people.
En der
Legend

Post by En der »

Of course, you're assuming EVERYONE is playing "The World". As popular as it is, I'm not sure they are willing to pay for it
*Insert line full of moral and wisdom*
(The name is ENDER!!!!)
apostle13
Player Character

Post by apostle13 »

Well, back about the servers. If you search for servers in Google, you can see some of the prices, and it looks like good ones are upwards of $15,000-$25,000. It looks like The World has some good servers, too. CC corp. must have a lot of money to have a server for some of the big cities (New York), which means "The World"'s subscription must cost a lot of money, and not very many people play (Or at least when you're logged in). So I doubt that some of the major cities have a server, let alone America having one for every state. There might be like..5 in the U.S. and maybe 2-5 in Japan. Yeah.
Bear
Mr. Flibble's Very Cross

Post by Bear »

apostle13 wrote:Well, back about the servers. If you search for servers in Google, you can see some of the prices, and it looks like good ones are upwards of $15,000-$25,000. It looks like The World has some good servers, too. CC corp. must have a lot of money to have a server for some of the big cities (New York), which means "The World"'s subscription must cost a lot of money, and not very many people play (Or at least when you're logged in). So I doubt that some of the major cities have a server, let alone America having one for every state. There might be like..5 in the U.S. and maybe 2-5 in Japan. Yeah.
There's a lot more to servers than that...^_^;

This thread is really leaning more towards being an "if .hack were real" discussion. Locked.