.hack//Legend of The Twilight--Let's Meet Offline!

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

I mean it doesnt fit within the timeline, we have the manga and anime, both which contradict each other entirely, and Manga ALWAYS (as far as i know) override the anime in cases of contradiction, Sailor Moon, Chobits, FLCL, Shaman King, Yugioh, Yu Yu Hakusho, any anime you can name is dominated by it's manga counterpart, .hack is NO exception (especially since the anime doesnt explain crap, and the manga explains everything :D)
En der
Legend

Post by En der »

The anime NEVER follow it's manga counterpart... Ok, sometimes :oops: ... allright, most of the time, but it doesn't follow the manga to the letter.
*Insert line full of moral and wisdom*
(The name is ENDER!!!!)
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

I never said that! I mean that in a case of a contradiction, like the ending of Magic Knight Rayearth, the manga would win as of which would be "true"
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Well, you're patially right. Usually, the meathod to get to the end is different, but the ending is the same. Take FLCL for example (god, i haven't used FLCL in a while!) The anime and manga are completly different, execpt for the ending. Haruko still leaves Naota, but the way she left was different. The events leading up to her leaving were different, but the ending was still the same.
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
En der
Legend

Post by En der »

So only the manga (.hack) should be included in the timeline?
*Insert line full of moral and wisdom*
(The name is ENDER!!!!)
thedudewhosadude
Legend

No, both fit in, it's just that they have different events.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

no, they don't, they have totally DIFFERENT ends, and the events that take place are just as important as the end, in anime/manga, the ENDS do NOT justify the MEANS!
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

well, to be quite honest with you I'm not sure I'd spend $30 on a DVD if it followed my $10 manga to the letter.

I'm with The Dude on this one, I look them as extensions of one another. Each one is different, but the same.

btw, I must've missed that last part The Dude. Pm me and tell me what happened, and If you happen to know where I can find some type of translation for episode 12, send me that as well. All I could make out was "ONI-CHAN!....RENA!.... ONI-CHAN!.... RENA!" [spoiler]and then something about data draining themselves....[/spoiler]

It sucks not to know Japanese.
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

well yea, entertainment wise i'd want something different to, but in the world of .hack, both the anime and the manga can take place in the same world, and the manga is the one that doesnt contradict the rest of the project, it has less plotholes, it delivers what it promises, and it's cooler, the only way they can both be canon is if there's a split timeline going on, which would be doubtful because nothing caused that change in time
Flame Sage
Player Character

Post by Flame Sage »

En der wrote:The anime NEVER follow it's manga counterpart... Ok, sometimes :oops: ... allright, most of the time, but it doesn't follow the manga to the letter.
Well I just was in the mall and I saw an Inuyasha manga that looked like it was from the show ^^; color too. does that count? =p
Grunty Farming List:
Noble Grunty: 5
If you could attack gruntys, I would have slaughtered all Noble Grunty's from the planet!
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

no, manga NEVER does, NEVER, there are simularities, but there are never exact manga copies, and this topic was dead a long time ago, do NOT revive it
Rectos Dominos
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

Actually, this topic was still not even close to dead. The topic is not even 1 month old.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Just to respond to the 'anime never = Manga' statement; there are things called Cine-mangas. This is basically a manga with screen caps as panels. Also, on occasion, the manga does follow the anime. Sure, there may be one or two events different (i.e. Please Teacher, In the anime, Maho and Mizuho's mother came to visit, but in the Manga, only Mizuho's mother came.) but ultimatly, they are the same. Anyway, jumping back on track...well, this thread has basically surved its purpose (Script source) So I am kindly asking that no more posts will follow this one, as this thread is really pointless now.
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

In conclusion, this topic is way offtopic... Those who think that manga & anime never follow eachother are kind of dumb... since about 50% of the time... it DOES follow it.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.