Small plot hole

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
mannshjj
Player Character

Small plot hole

Post by mannshjj »

I not sure if anyone has noticed this or not, but in episode 14 of .hack//sign, Harold's dungeon is suposetly 'up side down', which is true for the buildings themsevles, but the bridges are right side up. If it was truly up side down, then the bridges would have been as well. I would have thought since Harold wanted people to come there so he could tell them about Aura, that he made the bridges right side up to make it easier for everyone, but if he wanted to do that, why not make the whole thing right side up? Did Harold even have any control over the field in the first place? Any thoughts?
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

He probably made the rest of it upside down so that it would be erie & have a signifigant differance from the other fields.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
En der
Legend

Post by En der »

Well, the bridges probably are both symmetrical; both sides are exactly the same
*Insert line full of moral and wisdom*
(The name is ENDER!!!!)
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

En der wrote:Well, the bridges probably are both symmetrical; both sides are exactly the same
Unless they're arched.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
En der
Legend

Post by En der »

Elk wrote:
En der wrote:Well, the bridges probably are both symmetrical; both sides are exactly the same
Unless they're arched.
Well, if I remember correctly, they weren't (unless I'm just stupid -.-)
(The name is ENDER!!!!)
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

No, I'm not talking about each side of the bridge, I'm talking about the bridge as a whole. I'm saying that BT, Crim, and all the others can walk across the bridges like normal, meaning that they don't have to swing from it like monkeys (funny picture :lol: ) which they would be doing if the bridges were up side down like the rest of the sceenery. The bridges are on the bottom of the doorways like normal (but it shouldn't be like that if the dungeon is up side down) instead, the bridge should be at the top of the doorways.
En der
Legend

Post by En der »

I'm talking about side, meaning UP AND DOWN. I think the bridges look sort of like this

H

Anyways, it doesn't really matter, since your speculation on doors completely overrides my theories.
(The name is ENDER!!!!)
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

Actually I did think there was a second doorway on the bottom at first, but I think It's just a shadow, and besides, It shows the view from inside the buildings to the bridges, if there was a second doorway I think it would have been noticeable.
En der
Legend

Post by En der »

Ya know, maybe the upside down city was designed to work both ways :?
(The name is ENDER!!!!)
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

No, I meant It wasn't like "H" It was like "l__l" and I said above the dark patch on the bottom was a shadow, it wasn't a doorway, so maybe Harold did design it upside down with right side up bridges? But if he wanted to make it easier to get to him, why not make the whole thing right side up? (ex:So BT and Crim wouldn't have to climb up a statue with their bare hands) Maybe he wanted to make it upside down so he could hide it in the sky, and only a select few would find it? Also, I found it weird that Mimiru could feel the sweat on Bear's hand if Tsukasa's the only one that can feel things in the game.
En der
Legend

Post by En der »

This is what I meant by "H"
|__|
|__|

Anyways, moving on...
You wrote:(ex:So BT and Crim wouldn't have to climb up a statue with their bare hands)
They DID climb up a statue with their bare hands (at least, Bear, Mimiru, and Tsukasa did...)

You also wrote:Also, I found it weird that Mimiru could feel the sweat on Bear's hand if Tsukasa's the only one that can feel things in the game.
An example of a player interactive graphic. Apparently, one of these include sweat...
(The name is ENDER!!!!)
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

no, she means Mimiru actually felt the sweat Tsukasa style, thanks to that A tone ping thing, which sublimially hypnotizes players to produce stimuli so that they would think they were feeling everything, anyway, moving onto the main topic, the stairs, i noticed this too, maybe, the stairs werent secure and they slid down when the town was flipped upside down? that's all i can think of, but maybe the Root Town was intended like that for the sake of wierdness?
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

Your talking sbout the bridges right? If they slid down, then wouldn't they break off, and then there wouldn't be any bridge period? And how would the dungeon be turned up side down in the first place unless Harold made it that way? And Ender, I said they had to climb up the statue, because there was no other way up, If Harold did make the dungeon up side down then he delibertly made it hard for people to get to him.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

yea, that would make sense, if you need someone to protect your only daughter the most important being in the World, you'd want her guardian to be a high level player who can overcome any obstacle
En der
Legend

Post by En der »

YamiJared wrote:yea, that would make sense, if you need someone to protect your only daughter the most important being in the World, you'd want her guardian to be a high level player who can overcome any obstacle
Um, what about Sora? He's a powerful player killer, AND he's working for Morganna, so...
(The name is ENDER!!!!)