Epitaph

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

What does that have to do with anything? :roll: (are you joking or being serious?) If you mean something else that would relate to the plot then please explain it. Besides, like I said earlier, he's a "fool" for not looking at the fingertip, if he was supposed to look at the moon, he wouldn't be a fool now would he? And YamiJared/dudewhosadude, Lios could have two roles, because If your asuming Aura represents the "Ape", then she has two roles, because she also the "shadowed girl" or the "daughter."
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

well ok, I guess Lios can be the old fart, mannshjj, your Lios thing makes sense then (gosh, anyone else notice that lately in Serious Discussion I'm being more of a puppet! NU! >.<))
Rectos Dominos
En der
Legend

Post by En der »

mannshjj wrote:What does that have to do with anything? :roll: (are you joking or being serious?)
He's being serious.

Anyways, moving onto Looney Tunes, if someone did not look at the sign in the first place, they would've never seen the anvil, unless they were already looking up.

I have to agree with you Xhacker, but I still don't see how this scenario could ever happen :?
*Insert line full of moral and wisdom*
(The name is ENDER!!!!)
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

Exactly how do you know he's being serious? It's the Internet! And why would Emma write about something like an anvil falling on someone? Seriously. And what do you agree with him on? And most importantly, what does this have to do with .hack?! Do you actually believe that say the ol' "Anvil of the Twilight" is going to fall on Kite's head?! :roll:
En der
Legend

Post by En der »

IT'S CALLED AN ANALOGY!!!! (Eh, sorry)

It doesn't have to relate to .hack...
(The name is ENDER!!!!)
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

Then what is it an analogy for? Besides, you already said that it couldn't relate to the epitaph because he'd have to look at the sign (fingertip) first, which in the epitaph he didn't. (I'm trying not to sound like a broken record here, so let's move on to something else besides the sign/anvil thing.) And I thought everything on this board had to relate to .hack, it was in the rules right?
En der
Legend

Post by En der »

Of course, everything on this board has to relate to .hack (except for the chat area, which doesn't exist anymore). But the Epitath relates to .hack, and the analogy is for an excerpt from the epitath. But we've widely digressed (ok, not really, I just like saying that word =P) Moving on

Ok, new analogy

Fingertip=Your girlfriend
Moon=Another girl

Eh, an idiot will look at another girl instead of looking at his girlfriend =P :lol:
(The name is ENDER!!!!)
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

niiiiiiice analogy! ^_^ ok, I can't think of anything to contribute T.T
Rectos Dominos
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

I thought of one, but its much like Ender's

Fingertip=your wife
Moon=Hot chick

An idiot would look at the hot chick instead of the thing he sleeps with every night.
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

.....You guys are perverts. :x But anyway, don't just think of an analogy, think of what/who it could represent. (like what I said about Lios and Kite) There is nothing in .hack the involves anvils or girlfriends or anything else like that. :roll: Try to make a realistic analogy, or at least explain what/who in .hack the girlfriend or anvil or (whatever!) represents, I getting tired of saying the same thing over and over again and people not understanding.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

..Wow, the member that's been here for the least amount of time is the most mature (Sorry guys, you really are a bit outta line with the whole anvils and girlfriends things. 'Sides, I'm da masta of terrible analogies! [really old event]) Anyway, I'm thinking that this is referring to the first data bug (the headhunter) from Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground. Kite is the hand, and his fingers are his item catagories. The moon is the Data Bug. You can use whatever fingers you want to, but it won't die unless you use the fingertip of one, the Book of Twilight.

EDIT: I forgot to mention who the fool was! I'm thinking that the fool is Blackrose, as she just charged at it (level 1) without even knowing how to fight.
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
En der
Legend

Post by En der »

Great analogy, Dude! One who rushes at a databug without guidance from the Book is a fool!

Ok, here's a mature one =P

Fingertip=System Admins
Moon=Corrupted Areas

If you enter the keywords for a corrupted area without recieving guidance from the Admin, you would still enter the area and bad things would happen :?
(The name is ENDER!!!!)
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

. . . . . Is this just gonna be an "this analogy, that analogy" topic?
Bear
Mr. Flibble's Very Cross

Post by Bear »

Yeah, I think this is getting pointless. ^_^ Locked.